PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all from a newboy

granturismo
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Just joined the forum yesterday and wanted to say hello to all you guys. I've finally bought a 1999 M900 (yellow one) after years of deliberating and riding triumphs, BMW's Yamahas etc. I think my passion for Italian machines was fulfilled somewhat by my 1967 Vespa GT, but I could wait no longer! I'm a bit miffed actually, because before I had a chance to collect her I was whisked off by my job working on survey boats. I'm currently bobbing about in the north sea waiting to go home and pick up my duc :grump: Anyway, look forward to chatting in the future. I'm off to the technical section now to ask about dry clutches. Ride safe y'all.

benson
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Is that Little Neston on the Wirral??

Happy riding - great colour choice too!

Bunny
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the club

granturismo
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
HI benson. Yes, I'm on the Wirral right on the River Dee by the N Wales border. Plenty of bikes around here but haven't seen one Ducati!!?? Look forward to chatting in the future.

granturismo
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Bunny. Thanks for the welcome. I bought a Vespa from a guy in Gillingham a few years back. Small world isn't it? Take care.

He11cat
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM
yellow is good :) says she with a black 1999 bike .. but the little one.
Hope you get to ride it soon ... you do get attached to them.

Nowt wrong with Vespa's or proper scooters .. I used to zip about on a friends race tuned Lambretta LI was a hoot. two up on a single seat.. ooops! watching the pike nuts it had fitted ouch!
welcome and enjoy :)

LouSCannon
05-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Plenty of bikes around here but haven't seen one Ducati!!??

Welcome!!

There was quite a few of us down at the Wirral Egg run earlier this year! There's quite a few active Ducati owners out that way, including a handful of Monsters, so you should be in good company....

Bunny
05-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Hi Bunny. Thanks for the welcome. I bought a Vespa from a guy in Gillingham a few years back. Small world isn't it? Take care.

Didn't have a mohican did he ?

J.P
05-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the club, I hope it's not too choppy on the ocean waves and that the weather holds out for you when you return to the Monster.

granturismo
05-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Hello Bunny. No, I don't recall a mohican, in fact I don't recall what he looked like very well at all!! I do remember it was a lovely part of the world down there! and thanks for all your welcomes.