PDA

View Full Version : 2006 S2R 800 - considering sale

Duke Konan
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I've come to a rather difficult decision - to sell my much loved S2R 800 but I'm not entirely sure what sort of price to look for. The details

The good -
- just over 21K on the clock
- All 3 keys & necessary documentation
- High level carbon termi (slip ons) with a Quat-D cat eliminator pipe
- Rizoma bar end mirrors & rizoma bar ends
- Full service along with a new rear tyre in January '10 at Rosso Corse. Valve clearances done by Moto Rapido in Aug/Sep '09. I've had the oil changed every 6 months or so. Belt service was last done in Mar '09 by Dave Robinson in Wandsworth.
- MOT's this past week
- I can return the bike to fully stock with a couple of hours notice with the exception of the original bar ends (lost) and catalytic converter (foolishly disposed of by the mechanic who fitted the cat eliminator)

The bad:
- Unfortunately I don't have a receipt for this as it was done for free (bought the bike from Dave the previous Sept on the condition that he would do the belts for free when the time came).
- The receipt for the valve clearance service is a photocopy (I photocopy EVERYTHING!!) as the original seems to have been misplaced when I moved last year

The ugly:
- The bike once fell over when covered (strong wind!) resulting in a scratch to the bottom of the engine casing on the right hand side

It would be great to have an opinion on prices, and sensible offers with, of course, be considered. Would rather it went to someone here than a random or a dealer!

Here's a photo - http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad360/konanmotihar/IMG_0010.jpg

P.s. the belly pan was cut with a dremel to make it fit so will probably end up in the bin!

Duke Konan
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Forgot to add that it's had a new chain and brake pads (front and back) last week

Funkatronic
04-07-2010, 05:08 PM
sorry to hear your thinking of selling

based on what others have sold for of late i reckon if you returned to stock (see if you can find a cat and some bar ends on fleabay and the rizomas and quat D are worth are £) i reckon about £3k-3200

decat £100
Mirrors £80
termis £200

with termis and bits about £3400