PDA

View Full Version : Hello from future monster owner!

mgi
26-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi!
Two weeks ago I had a close encounter with the car which decided to use my lane when shaving a corner. This finished my good old SV and left me with 12 broken bones and a bit shorter toes. While I am recovering I am already planning my next bike. I was always dreaming of having a monster and I think this is a right time to go for it. I hope to learn here more about monsters and would be very happy to get some guidance and help in selecting the ONE.

Cheers
Michal

steeevvvooo
26-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Ouch! Sounds like a bad one! Can I ask... were you wearing proper gear? Hope you heal well, anyway.

Welcome anyway. I see you've already enquired about Chris' bike, so you're on the right track to Monster ownership! :biggrin:

mgi
26-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I was wearing all the proper gear and I think this was a very good idea! I hit the side of the car and this caused most of my injuries – eight broken ribs, broken collar bone, shoulder blade, shattered shoulder. Then I hit a ground and I think my boot gave up confronting the tarmac. The helmet is damaged; Dainese jacket survived with major scratches especially on a back protector which probably saved my backbone, Dainese trousers not touched. The weakest point were Arai boots as the top part of the foot was ripped open and the view of my toes was not encouraging. I am not saying that any other boot would survived this but I was expecting a bit more resistance from friction…

Anyway I am now waiting for all the insurance and legal staff to be sorted out and hope to get on two wheels before end of the season!

Cheers
M

J.P
26-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Jeez, I hope your recovery is speedy. Sounds awful, though you sound quite chipper!

Anything you need to ask, you just ask. We've all got advice in one way or another.

Pomp1
26-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, at least that didn't scar your spirit! Hope you get back on the bike soon! Any idea what Monster you're looking for? same sort of power as the SV or more?

mgi
26-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Cheers,
Trying to stay positive but sound of my neighbours' bikes does not make it easier...
I am thinking about something reasonable (not too much for the beginning) - not S4 for the time being :)

M.

Gunsoku
26-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Wow, get well soon dude - hope recovery is swift and you'll be able to find your Monster soon.

uksurfer
26-06-2010, 09:50 AM
hope your soon up and about and trying a monster, you won't regret it! :ukm:

gary tompkins
26-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Depending on budget an S2R800 would make a good relacement for the SV650

Good luck with healing process