PDA

View Full Version : Hello from leicester

utopia
23-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Hello from leicester. Any members around these parts? Anyone going to Mallory BSB this weekend? I'll be the hippy at the hairpin (or maybe esses/edwina's). Or look for my M750 in GSE orange/white, parked near the hairpin gate.

Panther
23-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Another 750 owner is Leicester :) (I'm actually from near hinckley so very close to Mallory)

unfortunately I'm not around for another 4 weeks (work) but would be happy for a little ride out.

utopia
23-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi. Good to know there's someone else around here. Another 750 from L.A. (leics area) too, though mines a 2000/01 carb model. Maybe we'll meet up somrtime later in the summer. I'll definitely be on the mountain for Cadwell BSB in aug.

Blah blah
23-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Yay, more 750s... if only there was a thread just for us like minded souls...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=31848

PETE.AKO
23-06-2010, 09:07 PM
:thumbsup:Hi i live in Melton theres a Guzzi club meeting this thursday 24th
All bikes are welcome every month on the
Last Thursday every month, Leicester Branch meeting held from 7:30 pm at the Bull and Swan (just off A453), Diseworth, nr. Castle Donnington.
Theres one or two Ducati's turn up if the sun shines ?
If you fancy a run out i will be there on my 750.

utopia
26-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey Pete. Fraid I'm unlikely to get to any Guzzi club meets cos the band that I play in always has a jam on a thursday. Would be happy to meet up some other time though ...maybe a ride-out on some of those glorious east leicestershire roads? Also, this may be a long shot but you wouldn't be the Pete (Atkins?) who used to run MCA in leics in the 70's, would you? You'd be about the right age I think, and previous posts where you talk of Commandos and YamLCs has got me curious. Anyway, thanks for making contact. Nice looking bike too.

Spike
27-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the club, live in Leicester myself with Drucilla and we booth ride 900's, not going to Mallory today other things to do but up for a ride out at some other time.

rogermunro
27-06-2010, 12:02 PM
im from stamford just got back from spin to melton were eldest lives . far to hot . now for beer and footy

utopia
07-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome y'all. Anyone fancy a country pub meet-up or something, sometime. I dont really mix beer with two wheels, but a small one maybe...? Or coffee at each end of the B6047 perhaps? I'm hoping to get to the festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory this weekend, also Snetterton BSB the following week, but not certain yet. Might be a hoot to have a local gathering though? Oh, and sorry about the footy, Roger. You should've gone to Mallory. It wasn't that hot... other than the track melting !!

PETE.AKO
07-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome y'all. Anyone fancy a country pub meet-up or something, sometime. I dont really mix beer with two wheels, but a small one maybe...? Or coffee at each end of the B6047 perhaps? I'm hoping to get to the festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory this weekend, also Snetterton BSB the following week, but not certain yet. Might be a hoot to have a local gathering though? Oh, and sorry about the footy, Roger. You should've gone to Mallory. It wasn't that hot... other than the track melting !!
Hi I will be of to Mallory Friday dinner for 1000 bikes i will be camping in the Guzzi camp?
I have 2 track sessions 3 and 27 please come and say hi or just give us a wave.Weather looks good all weekend. I was in the first track session last year with a wet track that made the hart pound???and the bum twitch!!
Hope to see some people there. Pete
ps not me that ran MCA!

MrsJel
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome. I'm from the outer limits of NW Leics (not too far from Diseworth, as it happens) - not got quite as many cc's though.

Not going to Mallory at the weekend - hope you enjoy. Bike getting new boots so feel obliged to take the shine off them. We'll be at Cadwell BSB in Aug and staying locally so walk up to the track.

Carole

utopia
08-07-2010, 02:18 AM
I'll definitely look out for you, Pete. ..not sure what day/s I'll be there yet though. Track sessions eh? Well here's a thing.... I saw Cooper beat Ago in '73 and have wanted to ride Mallory ever since, but in those days it wasn't so easy. Trackdays took off during my decade of child rearing, and I missed it. So I've never done one. You can imagine my current enthusiasm, then ? Any gentle persuasion would be more than gratefully recieved. .....'scuse me while I have a small attack of nerves ! What boots are you getting, Jel? I had pilot road 2s about 18 months ago... much better than the ageing metzelers it came with, but they were badly squared anyway. Found the michelins a bit noisy though.....? hadn't expected that. 4000 miles later the double compound seems to have helped them retain their profile quite well, ....result ! Diseworth... right by Donnington then? You're gonna tell me you've ridden it with Ron Haslam now, aren't you? I'll almost certainly be at Cadwell BSB, though probably just race day. I'll be opposite the mountain. Snetterton looks good too....prospect of THREE BSB races it seems ! Could hook up maybe?...dunno how..? I'm orange/white GSE racing "tribute" M750, orange/yellow "James Haydon" rep. helmet, tall, scrawny, long hair, greying they tell me. ...a photo would be better I guess.

MrsJel
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Going for Bridgestone BT023's this time - usually have that type as I do a lot of miles. Saying that, have clocked up 5000 on the BT016's that were on the bike new, they're still not looking too bad, but off to Austria soon so can't guarantee that the 016's have enough life left in them for that.

Haven't done Dono with Ron (my other half has), have done it a few times on my own though and Cadwell.

Will definitely look out for you round and about. Won't go to Snetterton, Cadwell is an annual event, almost regardless of the racing - so sort out nearer the time.

PETE.AKO
08-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi
If i survive this weekend in one piece. I will put together a run and see if we can get one or two Monsters together?
It will be a Sunday run out and not to fare just to test the water!!
Pete :flag::flag::flag:

Spike
09-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Hope to make a sunday run Pete don't make it a last minute thing

utopia
10-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Nice one Pete. I'm booked up on july 25 and aug 30.