PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 27th June - Beaulieu

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Theres a bike meet/show on at Beaulieu this coming Sunday, its a new event which is following on from the old 'Motorcycle World'.
I'll be going along because its only 5 minutes from my house, think Mrs uksurfer and littlun will be going along too!

http://beaulieu.lpgdigital.co.uk/ipus/beaulieu/motorcyclemuster

stunt shows, stalls etc etc, and probably the mandatory hog roast and burger vans etc.

Adult entry is £4 if on your bike, and includes looking round the museum, £10 if you just turn up in the car.

If anyone interested let me know.

Cheers
Martin

desmo
21-06-2010, 10:08 AM
What happend to the Motorcycle World show? I went a few years ago when Jamie Whitham & Gary Rothwell were there, it was a good day out.
Anyway, sorry can't make it on the 27th, we are going to the British Superbikes at Mallory Park, I havn't been to a BSB meeting this year yet & i'm looking forward to it, we usually watch at the hairpin, but I am going to try watching from Edwina's this time.

Albie
21-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Maybe coming down but in the car with Scrapps possibly. I know its not he end of the world down there but would like a relaxing day looking and its all motorways down there otherwise it takes hours down the lanes.

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe coming down but in the car with Scrapps possibly. I know its not he end of the world down there but would like a relaxing day looking and its all motorways down there otherwise it takes hours down the lanes.

be good to see you all, don't blame you for being in the car, all motorways to here!!

Gordon H
21-06-2010, 08:38 PM
The diary is clear on Sunday and I fancy a day out.......... good possiblity I'll be there..........

May be car-bound if the kids want to come but otherwise a good excuse to bring the new toy along........

Albie
21-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Well if you do come make sure you come and say hello. Maybe we need a meet point at a certain time.

I will wear a UKMOC tee shirt.:thumbsup:

Gordon H
21-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Well if you do come make sure you come and say hello. Maybe we need a meet point at a certain time.

I will wear a UKMOC tee shirt.:thumbsup:

Cheers - I'll know what's happening in the next couple of days. Depends what the kids are up to but the promise of noisy bikes and copious amounts of ice cream should do the trick!

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 09:14 PM
r be there, on one of two monnies, not sure which ones tho. :scratch:

Liz
21-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Rally, fancy going on holiday when I need a biking partner!

Mr Yeatman, can I meet you in Salisbury?

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Mr Yeatman, can I meet you in Salisbury?

if u get to salisbury then u can try and keep up with me. lol :p

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 09:46 PM
i might take a picnic and a rug and sit on the grass, oh what a life! :thumbsup:

Albie
21-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Good idea. I will bring my NT one then. Spiffing idea chap. Maybe some Crabbies alcholic ginger beer too.:chuckle::chuckle:

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 09:58 PM
might be interested in going in the car and taking a few cold ones with me, choices, choices, beats £7.50 for a burger and chips :chuckle:

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 09:59 PM
could meet u at ur house martin, but wot time????

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 10:01 PM
might be interested in going in the car and taking a few cold ones with me, choices, choices, beats £7.50 for a burger and chips :chuckle:

but ur be paying £10 in a car, think i will take the bike and pay £4.00

Liz
21-06-2010, 10:07 PM
if u get to salisbury then u can try and keep up with me. lol :p

Oi, I kept up with you, Rally and S4RsMack coming back from Brighton! Oh, I suppose you all had to wait for me? Oh, actually you did............:(

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 10:07 PM
um, not sure, maybe pop round before and get my discount tickets, then go on the bike, not sure what time it starts though? :scratch:

just had a look, think it starts about 10am

Liz
21-06-2010, 10:19 PM
um, not sure, maybe pop round before and get my discount tickets, then go on the bike, not sure what time it starts though? :scratch:

Your discount tickets? Does that expand to the rest of us? You don't know what time it starts and you are the Hampshire rep living so close to the venue!! :rolleyes:

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 10:24 PM
not sure if i'll have time to go down there, but for a quid discount i'd probably pay the full price tbh :chuckle:

at least i'll have a car there to put my kit in so i don't get too hot in the 30 degree sunshine!

i'm sure we all went past it a few weeks ago, when you was holidaying in kent Liz.....

Liz
21-06-2010, 10:31 PM
not sure if i'll have time to go down there, but for a quid discount i'd probably pay the full price tbh :chuckle:

at least i'll have a car there to put my kit in so i don't get too hot in the 30 degree sunshine!

i'm sure we all went past it a few weeks ago, when you was holidaying in kent Liz.....

LOL Martin! The ice cream at Herne Bay was delicious! :chuckle:

Rally
21-06-2010, 10:32 PM

I think i've earned it. I'll be in Germany, so I ain't coming back, sorry!:thumbsup:

Don't forget to take the Arrow Mill Tee shirt you stole from Caroline! :p

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 10:45 PM

so, does that mean i can put my kit in ur car aswel????? :running::running:

uksurfer
21-06-2010, 10:47 PM
yes, bit like at popham last year, shorts all round mate!

Liz
21-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I think i've earned it. I'll be in Germany, so I ain't coming back, sorry!:thumbsup:

Don't forget to take the Arrow Mill Tee shirt you stole from Caroline! :p

Ssshhh! :look:

so, does that mean i can put my kit in ur car aswel????? :running::running:

And mine too? The more the merrier, what are cars for?

chris yeatman
21-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Ssshhh! :look:

WOT WAS THAT LIZ, CAROLINES T-SHIRT..........................shouting at the top of my voice :chuckle:

Liz
21-06-2010, 10:57 PM
WOT WAS THAT LIZ, CAROLINES T-SHIRT..........................shouting at the top of my voice :chuckle:

SHUT-UP CHRISTOPHER! :eek:

It was Rally what stole it!

Anyway! Shall I meet you in Salisbury on Sunday to ride down to Beaulieu (she says, quickly changing the subject!)?

Gutsy
21-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I've had UKMOC withdrawal symptoms so will be there on Sunday - with new sparkly spark plugs so I can go places now. However, not sure how to find the place - anyone want to meet me en route?

chris yeatman
22-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Anyway! Shall I meet you in Salisbury on Sunday to ride down to Beaulieu (she says, quickly changing the subject!)?

yeah if ya want :rolleyes:

Gordon H
22-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks like I'll be there with my youngest - so car it is then. Get in as early as poss.....

Looking forward to meeting you guys - errrrr... any clues who I should be looking for?

Cheers

G

chris yeatman
22-06-2010, 09:57 PM
this is me on the right.
but r pm u my number before sunday

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/chrisyeatman/me/untitled.jpg

uksurfer
22-06-2010, 10:01 PM
this is me on the right.

on the right?, are you sure, would rather you be the one on the left..... :mand:

Rally
22-06-2010, 10:31 PM
this is me on the right.

So what does it say on that bag your holding Chris? ...........HELP! :mand::mand::mand:

chris yeatman
24-06-2010, 07:36 AM
so as there is a couple of us going to this how about a meeting place at ower services?

Stafford
24-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Do they have a big telly to watch the match on for you guys?

Or, is all round to Martins for shandys and hot dogs on the BBQ?

Gordon H
24-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I was in 3 Cross today (again??) and talking to one of the sales guys - They are gonna have a Triumph stand at Beaulieu on Sunday. We got talking about them no longer being Ducati dealers and that they still had a load of Ducati trinkets / merchandise around the showroom.

I suggested that as there will be aload of UKMOC types attending on Sunday, he bungs it in the van and flogs it at markdown at the show - he thought that to be a rather good idea!! :idea:

So..... there MAY be fleeces / jackets of odd sizes along with whatever else he sticks in the van........

uksurfer
24-06-2010, 07:08 PM
yep, all invited round mine to watch the footy at 3.00, no cheering for ze germans though, but i reckon there might be a tv there.......

Rally
24-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm going to be watching it in Germany with my "now" German brother and family! I got an England "sad flag" today to put onto the bike, just to wind them up. We had better win, otherwise the stay may be cut short......................

Liz
24-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I've had UKMOC withdrawal symptoms so will be there on Sunday - with new sparkly spark plugs so I can go places now. However, not sure how to find the place - anyone want to meet me en route?

Hope to see you Sunday!!! :)

yeah if ya want :rolleyes:

Cheers Chris, wouldn't want to put you out with my slowness!!! Just wait for me at the junctions! :(

I was in 3 Cross today (again??) and talking to one of the sales guys - They are gonna have a Triumph stand at Beaulieu on Sunday. We got talking about them no longer being Ducati dealers and that they still had a load of Ducati trinkets / merchandise around the showroom.

I suggested that as there will be aload of UKMOC types attending on Sunday, he bungs it in the van and flogs it at markdown at the show - he thought that to be a rather good idea!! :idea:

So..... there MAY be fleeces / jackets of odd sizes along with whatever else he sticks in the van........

Bargains? Ooer missus!!!

chris yeatman
24-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Cheers Chris, wouldn't want to put you out with my slowness!!! Just wait for me at the junctions! :(

thats ok, ur leading :chuckle:

Gutsy
25-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Just what size trailer to bring behind my scooter to take back all those "bargains"?? Chris - meet you at Ower services Sunday then - you tell me a time and I'll be there. Liz - I'll bring my own flip flops this time.... maybe as I fell in love with your blingy ones!

chris yeatman
25-06-2010, 08:35 PM
ok those that r meeting at ower services could u be there for 9.30- 9.45. please
thank u

Gutsy
25-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Right o - see you at Ower on Sunday.

Gordon H
25-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I'll go by car (son in tow) but may drop in at Ower on way past to see if anyone's about.

If anyone needs to stash some gear they're welcome to sling it in the car.

chris yeatman
25-06-2010, 09:02 PM
thank u gordon could be helpful

uksurfer
25-06-2010, 10:33 PM
cool, i'll see you at mine about 10, then we'll head over to the show :biggrin:

Liz
25-06-2010, 10:57 PM
ok those that r meeting at ower services could u be there for 9.30- 9.45. please
thank u

OMG, can we get to Ower in 30 mins? I might have to wait for you Chris!

Albie
26-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I won't be coming guys. I have to sort some stuff out and also want to get house/garden sorted for BBQ in a few weeks.

Gordon H
26-06-2010, 05:46 PM
At the risk of being cheeky - anyone got a UKMOC sticker I can put on the 900?

Cheers

G

chris yeatman
26-06-2010, 06:24 PM
At the risk of being cheeky - anyone got a UKMOC sticker I can put on the 900?

Cheers

G

mite have, i will have a look!!

chris yeatman
26-06-2010, 06:25 PM
OMG, can we get to Ower in 30 mins? I might have to wait for you Chris!

done it in 10 min before!!!! :eyepopping:

scareycarey
26-06-2010, 10:34 PM
can anyone post a link to Ower services for tomorrows meet up?

uksurfer
26-06-2010, 10:41 PM
its at junction 2 of the M27, turn right if coming from the M3 and it leads you to the services,theres a mc'd's there as well

WEST WELLOW SERVICE AREA

SOUTHAMPTON

SO51 6GF

see you tomorrow :)

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant-locator.shtml

uksurfer
26-06-2010, 10:46 PM
we normally meet in the truck part bit, turn right as you go out of the petrol station

Gordon H
26-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Beat me to it!!!

Probably hit McDonalds for a dodgy breakfast and probably the 3rd coffee of the morning.....

chris yeatman
27-06-2010, 12:33 AM
can anyone post a link to Ower services for tomorrows meet up?

if ur going though salisbury i am meeting liz at the livestock market A3094 at 9am
or A36 towards southampton, ower services before m27

scareycarey
27-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks, see you at ower.

Gordon H
27-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Nice to meet up (albeit briefly) with some of the Hants / Wilts crowd today - baked in the high 20's heat and had to call time by 1:30..... then home for the footie......

Look forward to meeting up again - (I may even bring the bike next time!!)

Thanks

G

uksurfer
27-06-2010, 05:29 PM
good to see everyone today, and to meet a new member!
seemed to lose everyone though, weather was good, but beaulieu nowhere near as good as i've been to before.
Then rushed home to watch the footie, should have stayed at the show..... :hissy:

Liz
27-06-2010, 10:00 PM
good to see everyone today, and to meet a new member!
seemed to lose everyone though, weather was good, but beaulieu nowhere near as good as i've been to before.
Then rushed home to watch the footie, should have stayed at the show..... :hissy:

We managed to get under the shade all together eventually! Gutsy, Chris, UK, Liz, Tracy and Aimee all on the monorail cos we could! Martin, please thank Aimee for holding my hand down the steps from the monorail ride (cos I was scared!)!!!! And thanks to Gutsy for getting me on the right road home! A good ride, a 748 behind us for a while who then overtook. The dual carriageway into Salisbury, he wasn't doing more than 80.............so, the little Monster certainly had a challenge but...we won!!
A lovely day in the sunshine!
xxx
See you next week for our Bike Safe course - I think I need to change my habits a bit quick :eek: