PDA

View Full Version : Annual London Meet?

Blufoot
18-06-2010, 08:50 AM
My friend's family own an Italian restaurant in Brentford, right in the middle near the magistrates court.

The owner (me mate's dad) is an Italian vehicle entusiast and is very lightly toying with the idea of starting an annual meet where people on Italian bikes can ride in from surrounding areas to stare at eachothers bikes, chat and eat some nice simple Italian food.

That's about as far as the planning has got so I thought i'd put it out there to see if anyone would be interested at all??

Here's the location:-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=brentford&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Blufoot
18-06-2010, 08:52 AM
OOPS!

Here's the location...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=la+rosetta+brentford&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=la+rosetta&hnear=Brentford,+Middlesex&cid=0,0,13570601922017355366&ei=ejMbTNqUNs_K4gbevJScCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQnwIwAA

gary tompkins
18-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Sounds like a great idea

What's the parking like - assuming you get swamped with bikes?

Blufoot
18-06-2010, 12:48 PM
well there is a courtyard right outside but technically i suppose it's classed as 'pavement' as it doesnt belong to the restaurant. I doubt anything would be said if some nice bikes park there on a sunday afternoon.

As i said it's very very early stages, just seeing if people would be interested, the first one would probably be quite quiet and just see where it goes from there.

I'll find out what the minimum attaendance would have to be to make it happen as they dont usually open on a sunday.

so far it's me and you gary!

Albie
18-06-2010, 05:22 PM
If Im not on holiday I would try to come too representing the new model and I love Italian food too:biggrin:

Paivi
18-06-2010, 05:58 PM
As long as I don't have to park on the pavement, I'd be interested. Pavement parking in London is a no-no, and will get you a parking ticket before, and often without, you even notice!