PDA

View Full Version : S4rs

psychlist
18-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Howdy folks, long time no see for some of you that may remember me from my Sussex days and the original day trip to Sammy Millers museum in the New Forest!
Anyways, I've got me a nice (very) shiny S4RS Tricolore which is boggo std and pretty much my ultimate Monster. I'm now starting to hanker after a few things, like rad guards, clutch cylinder upgrade for a lighter clutch, bigger rear sprocket, taller screen, a pair of Diablo's and a better sounding/looking exhaust system to release that deep, mellow Ducati soul and get rid of the unsightly blob hiding the cat.
I've not been on the Monster scene for a couple of years so it'll take me some time to get my head round what's available, and save up some pennies, any recommendations?
Cheers,
:drunk:
Psy
:woot:

TCar153
18-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Your hankerings are all generally fine. Rad guards, sensible, so i don't have em. Pipes, expensive but so, so right on so many levels.. Clutch slave, o yes. tyres, your choice. Is a bit overgeared imo but 14t front makes it right. i think you will find larger rear for the rs is not readily available and not the the best way to go to drop the gearing. As we are fortunate enough to have the ohlins suspenders, some professional or knowledgable tweeking of same will reap extremely worthwhile rewards. last recommendation? ride and enjoy and watch out for unsolicited 3rd/4th gear wheelies if you get gearing done!

crust
18-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Paul

No idea about mods for your bike but nice to see you're back on a proper bike even if its the Baxi version.

;)

psychlist
18-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Paul

No idea about mods for your bike but nice to see you're back on a proper bike even if its the Baxi version.

;)

Thanks Simon, good to be back on the rails again, although steam power's better than coal power (so I'm told) :biggrin:

TCar, thanks for your kind words, I'm quite good with sorting out a bike's setup so the tweaks will come, just need someone to twiddle the spanners to my settings so will be visiting Snells a bit this autumn!
:thumbsup:
Much fun had already, many more miles of fun to come :yoparty:

Albie
18-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi paul glad your back and a very nice choice of bike . Seems to be a lot around lately coming out of the garages.

Regards the sprocket. Up on back you will probs need +2 or 3 or go down 1 on front. If you go up you will need a longer chain I have no doubt so a nice gold one will look nice.

Take a look at carbon world as I have dealings with them and they also sell slight seconds for 25% or more less. Just a tiny mark or bubble is a second. I have some seconds on mine and you would never know.

See you out and about soon and shame you never made it last sunday. I relaunched the Findon brekkie and then down to Brighton. Still a great brekkie there mate.

Take care on the bike and luv to Alison

Andy:biggrin:

Bunny
18-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Paul, long time since we met, your old 620 will be back out in the sunlight tomorrow after a bit of a rest.
I have an S4Rs as well, rad guards are a must, the oil cooler is a bit vulnerable !!
I had a good deal from Wilf at Moto Rapido last year, already had termis, very pleased with it.
Will be good to catch up again
Bunny

Pedro
18-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Howdy folks, long time no see for some of you that may remember me from my Sussex days and the original day trip to Sammy Millers museum in the New Forest!
Anyways, I've got me a nice (very) shiny S4RS Tricolore which is boggo std and pretty much my ultimate Monster. I'm now starting to hanker after a few things, like rad guards, clutch cylinder upgrade for a lighter clutch, bigger rear sprocket, taller screen, a pair of Diablo's and a better sounding/looking exhaust system to release that deep, mellow Ducati soul and get rid of the unsightly blob hiding the cat.
I've not been on the Monster scene for a couple of years so it'll take me some time to get my head round what's available, and save up some pennies, any recommendations?
Cheers,
:drunk:
Psy
:woot:

Hi Paul
nice to see you've found a proper Duke! Very nice!

Some thoughts:
Clutch cylinder - I reckon the MPL parts on Ebay are excellent, I have two, one on each Monnie

Tyres - forget the Diablos, try some Pilot Power 2CTs, best tyres I've ever ridden on and waaaaaaay better than Diablos. I have them on the 1000DS and they are grippy from cold and seem to be wearing quite well too

Ped