PDA

View Full Version : Man Down.

harry_hyde
17-06-2010, 08:12 AM
On the way home last night in a line of cars at 50.

Started slowing down as did I then the van at the front did a hard brake and a sharp left.

Everyone concertined up and I was hard on the brakes. Managed to lock the front, release and lock again. The road there is quite dusty where the sun has dried the mud from teh tractors goign in and out of the fields so think I might have just tried to hard

Managed to avoid the back of the car in front but hit the side of it in the process and ended up in the floor in the middle of the road.

Nice knock to the head saw me a bit dazed but luckily there was a set of hashed white lines that I landed in away from the traffic.

I'm bruised all down my left hand side and aiming for a trip to A&E this morning to get properly looked at.

Bike isn't too bad, need bars, left footpeg, left indicator and a clutch lever. The rest is scuffed but not broken. Nice dent in the tank.

My jacket, boots and helmet are junk but did their job.

Just hoping the insurance company are kind and then i can get the bits together to mend the bike with.

Jody.

singletrack
17-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear this Jody. I hope you are feeling a bit better today x

lisyloo
17-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Well glad you're all in one piece and relatively unscathed.
The bike can be mended.

The thing that worries me most is not falling off but getting run over, which luckily you avoided.
Hope you make a quick recovery.

scrapps
17-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear your ok(apart from bruised) as said the bike can be fixed.
hope you feel better soon.

He11cat
17-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Hope you get sorted ..

harry_hyde
17-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Well, the Docs say I'm bruised but not broken so I might be sore but it could be worse.

Have already had a call about getting the bike taken away to be mended so that's all good too. Just need to arrange a time and keep in touch with them in case they decide its uneconomical to repair.

Only annoying things are that my no claims wasn't protected and they don't offer any courtesy transport.

Given the bike is my only transport I'm a bit stuck there but as I'm off sick for a few days anyway its not an urgent problem.

Now for a slow hobble into town to get some painkillers.

Cheers.

Jody.

StuartJames
17-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Well, the Docs say I'm bruised but not broken so I might be sore but it could be worse.

Have already had a call about getting the bike taken away to be mended so that's all good too. Just need to arrange a time and keep in touch with them in case they decide its uneconomical to repair.

Only annoying things are that my no claims wasn't protected and they don't offer any courtesy transport.

Given the bike is my only transport I'm a bit stuck there but as I'm off sick for a few days anyway its not an urgent problem.

Now for a slow hobble into town to get some painkillers.

Cheers.

Jody.

Good to hear your gear protected you!