PDA

View Full Version : Stuart heading to baden baden meet me there

skank
16-06-2010, 06:43 AM
i am heading to baden baden today and that Stuart can meet me there. Thanks dude.

Pomp1
16-06-2010, 09:14 AM
B500 guys?

gary tompkins
17-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Skank - Did you find him?

Have you thought of trying smoke signals?

uksurfer
18-06-2010, 12:43 PM
i can't believe you left him over there...... :)

Stafford
18-06-2010, 02:54 PM
He's got a map and a toolkit he'll be fine, I hope.

gary tompkins
19-06-2010, 12:19 AM
and if he breaks down Stuart could always ring the recovery bloke..

ah.. on second thoughts he doesn't have a mobile :rolleyes:

http://www.funnybeez.com/funnypictures/fat-elvis.jpg

chris yeatman
19-06-2010, 08:50 PM
has anyone found stuart yet???

Stafford
19-06-2010, 09:37 PM
He is back and it's one heck of a tale and it's not over yet. I'll let Stuart tell you in his own words after he's got over a couple of pretty long days.

uksurfer
19-06-2010, 09:38 PM
spoke to Stuart earlier, he is fine and well and back home in Andover!!
hoping to catch up with him tomorrow or maybe at George Whites :)

slob
20-06-2010, 07:21 AM
...what makes you think he can find George White's?

chris yeatman
20-06-2010, 07:25 AM

i've got string fixed the back of my bike, guna tie it at his house then ride off :chuckle:

gary tompkins
20-06-2010, 11:50 AM
I am sooooo gagging to hear what happened

Did it involve a police cell, a goat , cocaine and a sore arse?

Stuart42
20-06-2010, 03:38 PM
But sadly bike is still in Albertville.

Get a coffee and a comfy chair and I'll tell you the tale.

It was a cold dark day as we reached the top of the Stelvio pass, but after a warming coffee and the now traditional t shirt buying by Skank we set off.

51 hairpins were laid out before me like a carpet laid by the gods. So it would seem rude not to make a progressive ride of it, basically I cleared off leaving the others to catch up at the bottom.

I waited but alas no show so had a fag and still no sign so set off up again to the top. No sign there.

Bit of a shame but set off down the pass again followed by a ride around town looking for Monsters. Couldn't find anyone so booked into a hotel and planned my route home.

Next day arrived at Albertville where my bike died, completely. Very nice local drove me to a hotel where I met some brits on tour who took me to town the next morning.

After spending the day in a bar owned by a guy who owned a Hypermotard was given a jump start by the recovery people. Unbeknown to me in the process he blew my coils so was taken to a Harley dealer, who supplied me with beer, where my beloved bike still rests. He told me that as it was a twin it would be safe, as any more than two cylinders and he would have pissed on it.

The ride to the Harley dealer made the ride in Max's van seem like a walk in the park as I had to sit on the bike as he had no way of strapping the bike down.

Basically the charging system had failed and boiled the week old battery dry.

Had to drive over 900k's in a hire car in a day to get back to Calais. Arrived home yesterday afternoon.

I now have to wait until the bike is fixed before I will be sent over to collect, unless I can get them to return it, fingers crossed.

Stafford I now believe you as I too spoke with Elvis, who remembered you when I told him we thought you'd been out in the sun too long claiming you were talking to Elvis.

Thanks for a fantastic trip guys was great meeting you all and had a cracking time.

I've also got a few ideas of how to do WDW 2012

Cheers
Stuart

Stuart42
20-06-2010, 03:40 PM

I'll have you know I found my way back fine, which shocked me more than anyone to be fair:chuckle:

gary tompkins
20-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh dear.. that's one heck of a saga Stu, although not as weird as I imagined it to be. Still got a mental picture of you in a gimp mask and lederhosen, locked in an Austrian cellar as someones pet. How in hells name did you manage to miss the others on the Stelvio - maybe Skank, Gadget and Ladybird can fill in the blanks?

Hope you get the bike back ok - zero recovery policy I assume? :twak:

Stafford
20-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Whilst recounting the Elvis 10260 tale to others at George Whites another biker there had also spoken to Elvis whilst in France, not the sharpest pin though as he didn't even figure out that Elvis spoke French. Doh.

uksurfer
20-06-2010, 06:40 PM
sounds like a nightmare mate, hope your bikes back soon, we won't leave you in belgium. Don't want to be left out there.... :on:

Stuart42
20-06-2010, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=gary tompkins;353652]Oh dear.. that's one heck of a saga Stu, although not as weird as I imagined it to be. Still got a mental picture of you in a gimp mask and lederhosen, locked in an Austrian cellar as someones pet.

Thats some imagination you have there. Did you also have the mussels in Rochforte?

Cheers
Stuart

He11cat
20-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Hope bike gets back safe.. or you get back to get it.
I relate to this story in a little way.... I am thinking of a string and a balloon on my bike next ride I go on... :idea:

PMSL .. why has Elvis got a camel toe... thats a very disturbing photo!!!! ewwwww

ladybird
20-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Glad you are home safe.
Now feeling very guilty and ashamed that I didn't try harder to find you.
I'm sure you have called us many bad things.
It's probably no consolation that we had ended up going down the Swiss side with a road surface which turned into muddy gravel. This took me rather a long time to progress through. And it rained all the way back.

Liz
20-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll have you know I found my way back fine, which shocked me more than anyone to be fair:chuckle:

Hey Stuart,
Glad you got back ok! Belgium booked for you and I'm going to buy you a mobile phone!!! Anyone else want to chip in? :biggrin:

Pomp1
20-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Blimey Stuart, so much for being impatient on the Stelvio, eh? If you need a companion to go and recover the bike I know someone:chuckle:..
Gary idea of you tied up is scary, even scarier if they let you keep you hat on:chuckle:

gary tompkins
20-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Thats some imagination you have there. Did you also have the mussels in Rochforte?

Cheers
Stuart

No.. but I did treat myself to another plate of snails at Troyes on way home ;)

ladybird
19-07-2010, 12:40 PM
A bit belated, but ...

Have You Seen This Man? (http://www.wabblemonkeysocks.com/wdw2010/ladybird/640480/IMG_0884.jpg)