PDA

View Full Version : looking for a tank bag

mr piston
15-06-2010, 11:03 PM
been looking for a while and the one i like most seem to be out of production. I'ts a textile Ducati Performance strap on double tank bag .
Alternatively i'm considering on getting a tank cover (don't mind much the colour as long it is black) so than i can look for something to fit in.
Please let me know if you have one of these for sale.

BluprintZ
15-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I got a bagster tank cover and expanding bag.
I wish i had got one sooner, it's worth it's weight in gold and i use it quite a bit, makes a change from the rucksack.

G ; )

mr piston
16-06-2010, 09:53 PM
thanks for the advice. i know it's worth the price but my bike is now closer to 6 yo plus i'm not too keen on leaving the bike parked out in the streets with a tank cover on it

BluprintZ
16-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I've only just removed my cover, after six month of it first being put on.
I doubt that the cover would get nicked, it takes a while just to put it on.
My tank bag has a carrying handle and a shoulder strap, which fold up nicely into one of the small pockets when not in use, i use it fairly often for a small shopping trip or if i need to take any smaller parcels to the PO or couriers.
Have you tried e-bay yet?
I know the initial outlay might seem expensive but a decent tank bag will serve you for years.

Good luck,

G ; )

rac3r
16-06-2010, 10:25 PM
This is a bit off topic but I can't ride my bike without a rucksack on even if there's nothing in it. It just feel weird :chuckle:

BluprintZ
16-06-2010, 10:33 PM
This is a bit off topic but I can't ride my bike without a rucksack on even if there's nothing in it. It just feel weird :chuckle:

Ah now Azhar, i've heard of this before mate.
My cousin has a similar thing, he got used to having the rucksack on, for carrying his boiler suit and lunch to work for years, then when he was made redundant, he also said it felt odd not having the rucksack on when he went out on the bike...but he's better now!

G ; ) :biggrin:.