PDA

View Full Version : S4 with 'boom tubes'

littlejimmy12
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Just got my S4 back from the shop and wondered what you all think. I wantd to make the bike very industrial and raw. Hence its stripped pretty bare and exposed. The pipes are a little loud and after first ride today I think I;ll get pulled before long, if so I'll baffle them a little more.

The work that Nick Gale (NG CUSTOMS) has done is exceptional, the welds are incredible and the symetry of the work is awseome. I particularly like the end caps. Price wize they were not cheap when you consider its bacically a manifold!!!!

To go on in a week a pair of DP rearsets, enjoy your weekend peeps

LJ

if someone would turn them into pics on the thread as I am an idiot and STILL don't know how to do it!!

Panther
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm guessing there similar volume to mine! I like it loud, and to rev it a bit sounds cool, but mine are just ott epically if your riding for more than 5 mins, it's like having your head in a drum!

The quality and curves of the exhausts look really good, also like the internal detail on the end.

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14124&d=1276288382

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14125&d=1276288440

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14126&d=1276288463

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14127&d=1276288478

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14128&d=1276288513

littlejimmy12
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
yea the end caps are really nice, they did a gr8 job. But your right the noise is silly. I went past some cops today and had to close the clutch up. Its too loud for me, I like it loud but this is too much, I'll see how i go and then if its too much baffle it up more - Our bikes are looking v similar now !

Panther
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
did NG CUSTOMS say they will be about to make baffles easily for them?

Is the colour of the topyoke and headlight and rad, a clue to what colour the bike might change to over the winter?

I'm surprised you left your tax disc on your bike and not put in in your wallet, that will help to clear up the lines

Panther
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I guessing once the removable baffle has been made it can be modded to your desired volume. (increase the number of holes or change length?)

littlejimmy12
11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Not that easy, but possible as they've left enough length in the end. There is actually a pair in there but they need to be more substantial. Over winter I want to get the headstock, rear spring, engine casings, bottom yoke and rad cooler black, fit a motogadget clock to get rid of the OEM unit so it flows more. I'm really not a fan of the stock clocks think there plastic and cheap. Then do something with the swing but I'm not too sure what. Rear end of the frame needs a bit of touching up as well. Considered painting the wheels black but I think I'd regret it. I'm happy with the front but the back needs tidying up.

rac3r
11-06-2010, 09:23 PM
It looks awesome! Especially the exhaust tips and keep the wheels red! Actually paint the rest of the bike black and keep the wheels red :cool:

Qba
11-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree with rac3r. Awesome bike... and will be even better.

Panther
12-06-2010, 08:32 AM
For me it's about black on black, or black with a cheeky bit of gold (where have I seen that before :rolleyes:)

The monsters with a mat black tank looks :cens: sweet, very bad to the bone.

Anyway there are so many options, I look forward to seeing your results.

------------------------------------------------------

I think the stock clocks on the new monsters are an improvement over yours. motogadget clock are nice but a bit to pricey for me.

littlejimmy12
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM
black - cowel, tank, oil cooler, engine casings, swing arm, levers, lower clamp, wheels, spring and then gold Ohlin forks (££££!!!)

I think that would be the way to go, prob is the ohlins, there too expensive

big pete
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Engineering art mate, lovely bit of work! (I dont know how to post pics either BTW)

Panther
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
black - cowel, tank, oil cooler, engine casings, swing arm, levers, lower clamp, wheels, spring and then gold Ohlin forks (££££!!!)

I think that would be the way to go, prob is the ohlins, there too expensive

Was it hellcats other half who does anodizing???? I know you won't the performance of Ohlin, you could anodize your forks gold or black?
Looking on ebay, you might eventual get some ohlins for a good price, do they have to be for a monster, what about from an aprilia?

When ever I see a monster with gold forks, I get this little sound in my head saying I want, I want. :devil:

animaluk
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
looking good my man. Can't wait to hear it

littlejimmy12
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
looking good my man. Can't wait to hear it

just stick your head out the window u should be able to hear it from your way !!!

animaluk
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
lol My Chromo will hang its head in shame better get out the 996 :)

Funny on the way home last night i was riding up whitehall and stopped at the lights two motobike cops pulled up i thought they where gonna pull me over about the exausts but they just opened the visors to tell me that my bike was awsome, I tell you it made a refreshing change

He11cat
12-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Looks good !! bet it sounds awesome.

Nah Hellcats not attached to an anodiser !! lol.... if I was my bike would be very black and purple !!..
Poor guy would be plating stuff for my bike forever.
I would get the poor unfortunate person to show me how to do it im not that lazy...
Match.com said they had no men in shiny shorts who was a mechanic / fixer upper of things by day and a male go go dancer by night gave me a refund and threw me off the site :)

Gremlin's other half did a bloody sterling job on Yorkies forks!.. shiny black looked the nuts!!
Speak to Gremlin and Clive he did a lovely job on his forks ..he was lucky to get them I was wondering if they would fit in my rucksack!!!..

littlejimmy12
13-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Looks good !! bet it sounds awesome.

Nah Hellcats not attached to an anodiser !! lol.... if I was my bike would be very black and purple !!..
Poor guy would be plating stuff for my bike forever.
I would get the poor unfortunate person to show me how to do it im not that lazy...
Match.com said they had no men in shiny shorts who was a mechanic / fixer upper of things by day and a male go go dancer by night gave me a refund and threw me off the site :)

Gremlin's other half did a bloody sterling job on Yorkies forks!.. shiny black looked the nuts!!
Speak to Gremlin and Clive he did a lovely job on his forks ..he was lucky to get them I was wondering if they would fit in my rucksack!!!..

yes I know Gremlin and Clive they've helped me in the past and I've seen his anadising work. Thats a good shout to get them anadised gold! Long way to go with this s4, but not until the winter when I won't ride. Just unbolt and rebolt :D

littlejimmy12
13-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Just sent to me from the 2 guys who worked on the exhaust, I cannot emphisis the quality if the work from these 2 brothers. nice blokes as well

Panther
13-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Does it matter the a length of pipe from the vertical cylinder is alot shorter?

what's with the standard chain cover :),
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14142&d=1276460781

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14141&d=1276460775

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14140&d=1276460768

littlejimmy12
14-06-2010, 09:31 AM
standard cover hahahaha actually have the replacement cover in my hand now about to go on cheeky git :-)

don't think it mattes about the vertical pipe been shorter, I'm not getting any running difficulties, its fine on idle which is quite a surprise.

big pete
14-06-2010, 10:47 AM
You got to try and get a sound byte up mate, they look stunnin now I want to hear them!!

littlejimmy12
14-06-2010, 12:15 PM
You got to try and get a sound byte up mate, they look stunnin now I want to hear them!!

I want to as well prob is I've only get an iphone and the mike is crap, i'll see if i can use a mate and do a drive by clip this week

Panther
14-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I want to as well prob is I've only get an iphone and the mike is crap, i'll see if i can use a mate and do a drive by clip this week

Can't you do a Top Gear style and at least get a sound/decibel app. It would be good to see the figures.

The problem I found with sound recordings is they adjust there level according to the volume, so it's hard to get the real idea of the true volume.

Not as loud as now, but I think my old Mivv's created a better note than my new setup.

littlejimmy12
14-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Can't you do a Top Gear style and at least get a sound/decibel app. It would be good to see the figures.

The problem I found with sound recordings is they adjust there level according to the volume, so it's hard to get the real idea of the true volume.

Not as loud as now, but I think my old Mivv's created a better note than my new setup.

when left on Idle and the mike about a metre from the exhaust I was getting a reading of 99 decibels, I think the legal limit is around the 85 mark! Oops

Fugly
15-06-2010, 09:05 AM
If I remember my physics lessons correctly (but that wasa bloody long time ago!) every 3dB is a doubling of the noise ;o)

Enjoy
At least no one will say they didn't know you were there, loud pipes saves lives and sound bloody marvelous on bit twins ;o)))))))))))))))))))))

littlejimmy12
16-06-2010, 04:17 PM
These do the bike justice

Pomp1
16-06-2010, 04:24 PM
They probably look and sound awesome but would be detrimental to the performance IMHO

littlejimmy12
16-06-2010, 04:39 PM
They probably look and sound awesome but would be detrimental to the performance IMHO

yes I know, I've always been more interested in the aesthetics than the performance. I will take a look at it over the winter and see what can be done to make amends. I imagine I;ve lost some top end. Good thing is that its not a 916 engine in there its a 996 test engine out of an s4r so it had some extra ooomf anyway.

Pomp1
16-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I was looking at the right hand side and I've noticed they follow a similar line to the old RR exhaust, only on the other side. A word of advice: careful when leaning the bike over as mine used to scrape the headers, lighten up the rear wheel giving way to scary moments. Needless to say I got rid of them.