PDA

View Full Version : Mission Complete!!!!!!!!!!!!

rac3r
11-06-2010, 06:51 PM
After about 5 posts, more than 200 replies and about 2 months I've finished this mod!

At first it was just clip ons which then led to lowering the clocks which led to something else and I experienced lets say more than a few problems along the way which were mainly due to my stupidity.

But thanks to many on here especially daveG (I think that's what his name is), littlejimmy, panther and simons whose pictures helped a hell of a lot, I managed to finish :D

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/DSCN0604.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/DSCN0605.jpg

Pics aren't great but I'll get some better ones another time. The headlights aren't to everyone's taste but I think they're pretty cool.

Once again thanks to all that helped :ukm:

Panther
11-06-2010, 07:01 PM
All the work and you still not chopped your tail :). Well done mate, the front end looks very good.

You might want to think about changing/ chpping your wheel barrow exhausts after you chopped your tail. lol.

Are you gong to put indicator back on the front, which mirror are you going for too?

rac3r
11-06-2010, 07:03 PM
All the work and you still not chopped your tail :). Well done mate, the front end looks very good.

You might want to think about changing/ chpping your wheel barrow exhausts after you chopped your tail. lol.

Are you gong to put indicator back on the front, which mirror are you going for too?

Tail chop would look good but I can't be arsed :chuckle:

Yeah indis are going back on somewhere and I've got some oberon bar end mirrors to go on but have to wait for them to send me the right size collet so until then I have my mickey mouse ears!

Panther
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I could comment on belt cover, but I will leave that for others lol. (the list is endless)

I popped down where they are spraying my headlight today and they said it will be another 2 weeks. So it looks like people and me :( won't get to see the finished look for another 5/6 weeks when I'm back work.

rac3r
11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Trust me I know I'm not finished yet, I just meant this one mod which has taken me ages! :chuckle:

I think you should just tell us what the headlight will look like or draw a picture :D

Panther
11-06-2010, 07:19 PM
tried that and it looked crap, lol.
But I got my old headlight on at the minuite and enjoing the classic look :cool: I just need to get over virus that is keeping me house bound for the last 4 days, so I can hopefully have a cheeky ride before I'm back to work.

IMO a tail chop and small indicators (leds) would really finish your bike off and I promise it will be quicker than your front end mods.

Some one on here might even be able to make / sell you a bracket for mounting the brake and indicators......................

p.s i really enjoyed the picture you drew in paint, based on DaveG headlight mount

rac3r
11-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Of the clocks? :chuckle:

I don't really want to chop the cans or change them and I just want to RIDE the damn thing!

Also after all that hard work the only thing my mum noticed is that I got rid of the fairing :(

littlejimmy12
11-06-2010, 07:45 PM
well done on doing it all yourself, bike looks great. Wait until xmas to do any more. But I do think the next major mod should be to cut down the pipes and chop the tail. The tail chop should take no more than 2 hrs if that. Bike looks gr8 congrats LJ

rac3r
11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I actually learnt some things along the way which was cool. As for tail chop it might be a 2 hr job but with me doing it it'll be more like 2 years :chuckle:

I do agree with you guys that it'll look awesome....maybe next year

Panther
11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
i know what you mean about riding!

one option could be to take your time sourcing smoe smaller cans at a good price, though ebay or here (I don't think my old miv's were that expensive when I bought them new, [yorkie might even re-sell them on]) so you don't have to cut down your cans and just sell them on.

Plus termis always sell for good money, as they are always rated by duke fans.

rac3r
11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
they are always rated by duke fans.

Including me!

I'll definitely look into it all though, IF I did change it would still have to be high levels of some sort :thumbsup:

chris.p
11-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Azhar, to finish the look you will want this to finish th job:mand:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250647411260&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Chris.

rac3r
11-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Azhar, to finish the look you will want this to finish th job:mand:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250647411260&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Chris.

Mine is kind of like that, the bike has a black corse stripe which carries on to the tea tray :D

singletrack
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Well done Azhar :mand:
The headlight looks great.

As for a tail chop - don't do it. Those Termis are lovely. A red tail might make them fit in with the colour scheme better though.
Keep up the good work.

Anne x

Yorkie
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
(I don't think my old miv's were that expensive when I bought them new, [yorkie might even re-sell them on])

Great exhausts, but Not a chance i'm selling!!

Only 3 1/2 months and i ill be back in country to ride the beast! (No snow or rain in September/October please!)

North Yorkshire watch out ill be back shortly!!!

Yorkie

rac3r
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Today I went for a ride and those exauhsts are just :cool:

BTW the roads are EMPTY!

He11cat
12-06-2010, 04:20 PM
High level cans and tail chop no no no.... unless you shorten everything..
wheelbarrow effect not good.
Leave the tail unless you plan to mess with the exhausts.
Love the clip ons ... I keep looking at mine... in their box!!

Panther
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your ride out mate, (very jealous) I sat inside all day feeling like death warmed up with this virus.

Are you getting use to the lower front end, in terms of riding?

--------------------------------

Do you have an open airbox on your bike too?

-------------------------------

Yorkie your comment 'Not a chance i'm selling!! ' made me laugh. Hopefully your 3 1/2 months will fly bye mate.

Dave G
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Dont thank me, you did all the work!:mand:

How are you finding clip ons to ride with?

rac3r
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
The ride was awesome! I didn't ache that much this time and I felt the bike was more stable (probably just me :chuckle:

Definitely glad I put them on :thumbsup:

One thing though, they are **** in traffic :chuckle: