PDA

View Full Version : R+G sliders

steeevvvooo
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I’m looking at getting some (before my first track day :eek:), but don’t like the look of the huge black standard shape on a red frame. Has anyone got the aerodynamic/teardrop shape ones fitted?

I’ll also go for fork sliders and bar ends I think as they’re not that expensive, but I guess there’s nothing I can get to protect the rear because of the single sided swing arm?

Shuffy
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
When mine went down the road the pillion peg brackets did a very good job of saving the exhaust, if that helps. I had the standard R&G mushrooms fitted and the damage was amazingly minimal after sliding 40 or so yards on its side.

littlejimmy12
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
same for me, had the ugly ones on my s2r and despite the negaitve aesthetic appearence now put them on all my bikes. I was hit up the ass whilst stationary, my bike went 20 feet down the road on its right hand side and if it wasn't for the R&G's it would've been written off. (and I had over 2k of extras on it!)

Albie
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I have them on mine and I wouldnt be without them after my off. I know it was fairly low speed but they saved all but the gear lever. I have the frame and forks as mine has Ohlins and at £1500 worth they are worth the £24 I paid. There is a slight scuff on the bottom so the evidence is that they worked.

Oh yes the frame ones are the aero ones now with a battle scar as I haven't replaced it yet.

steeevvvooo
09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Cheers, good enough opinions for me!

I'll order the fork, bar end and aero frame sliders, then hope the footpegs protect the rear.

Pity I can't see a carbon finish option... mmm, carbon...

Cousin it
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a set of the aero ones on my s4r, I prefer the look of them over the standard ones, there was a seller on ebay reciently who had push in rear sliders which could be an option.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/ukradian/bikes/DSC_0148.jpg