PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what it's called

rac3r
08-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Since i'm not using my U bracket I need that bottom strip that holds the brake lines down against the bottom yoke, anyone know what it's called or where to get one? :biggrin:

Dave G
08-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Its just a clamp to hold your brake lines, make one from a bit of alloy or mild steel.

DesmoDom
09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
As Dave G said and some P-Clips, You can get them from any auto factor type place. They come in a few different types and materials. For brake lines I would use the type with a split rubber insert, they don't cost a lot.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree ???

All the best
Baz

Panther
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I was going to make one up, like the other guys suggested, but ended up cutting my u bracket down. Just keen keep your eye's on ebay for a cheap bracket, then you can return it to standard if required.

rac3r
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I was going to make on up, like the other guys suggested, but ended up cutting my u bracket down. Just keen keep your eye's on ebay for a cheap bracket, then you can return it to standard if required.

Yeah I want to keep all the stock bits so I can put it all back once I decide to sell (long way off :biggrin: )

chris.p
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Wish you had said, i have u piece you could have had, could have put it in the box with the covers, only want a fiver for it.

Chris.

rac3r
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Wish you had said, i have u piece you could have had, could have put it in the box with the covers, only want a fiver for it.

Chris.

Doh! :flamed:

How much do you reckon postage will be?

chris.p
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
A couple of quid, no more I would have thought, should be able to stick it in a jiffy bag.

Chris.

rac3r
10-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Is it OK to run without one for a bit?

Panther
10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
For a short period of time i would guess yes, but the fretting / vibrations from riding you bike will slowly wear the brake line where ever they contact your bike.

Why don't you chop down the 'u' bracket you already have and refit the 2nd one if you want to turn your bike back to standard?

Are you buying chris.p u bracket? if not I will take it off his hands :)

rac3r
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
For a short period of time i would guess yes, but the fretting / vibrations from riding you bike will slowly wear the brake line where ever they contact your bike.

Why don't you chop down the 'u' bracket you already have and refit the 2nd one if you want to turn your bike back to standard?

Are you buying chris.p u bracket? if not I will take it off his hands :)

I was going to buy chris.p's one but his is for an SS. I'm cutting down my normal one but until then I want ride over the weekend because I haven't done for almost a month!

Everything is pretty much on now just this piece and the bloody bar end mirrors :dizzy:

rac3r
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Done! Nearly took the guys eye out though :flamed: