PDA

View Full Version : Black to White anyone?

lvalder
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Last weekend, my wife fullfilled a lifelong dream and became a proud M696 owner... even though she is still to pass her test!

Basically, a good opportunity came along for a low mileage 08 bike and we bought it.

The only issue is that it is a pearl white model, and she wants a matt black one. I had phoned Ducati Manchester previously and they told me that a matt black kit would cost £400'ish, but when I called yesterday it turns out that the matt black colour is not available as a kit in the Colour Therapy range and the replacement parts add up to more than £900 (!)

I would like to know if anyone would like to trade or sell me a set of matt black panels. The white ones I have are in perfect condition, as they have been protected with clear film from new. In addition, the tank is signed by Carl Fogarty.

Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions other than keeping an eye on eBay?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Lorenzo.

Albie
08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Well firstly congrats on her getting a monster. Good luck too witht the test.

I was going to go to black like you but I ended up with a triclor scheme for this year. I still have the original panels as I got a slightly marked set on the ebay. I paid £100 for them but also sourced the fairing and seat cover.

What I can tell you is its cheaper no matter what if you buy a painted set and then sell the others. You could spray the panels and your looking at around £200. At least you can go back and change the colour. Thats the beauty of the new bikes. Im after a set of carbon fibre ones next and around £300 for the tank panels. I have the carbon screen already and will need the seat cowel at nearly £200.

Not many darks around so you will be lucky to find.
Cant give you an answer but I hope you can take away something from this.

lvalder
09-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi,

Many thanks for the advice. I guess I'll keep looking on eBay. In fact, does anyone have experience of these pattern parts from China?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270586013654&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I will also post something in the classifieds section.

Cheers,

Lorenzo.

PS: here's a photo I took at the weekend... lucky me!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/lvalder/P1020198.jpg

Albie
10-06-2010, 09:48 PM
No but I may buy a set of new clothes too play with a that that price. Shame no seat cowel though.