PDA

View Full Version : Headlights - wiring

rac3r
08-06-2010, 12:41 PM
I've emailed a guy on ebay asking what the connection looks like on one of those twin headlight units and he said it's the normal 3 pin H4 plug but looking at mine it has more pins and is the other way round with the pins (male) on the bike side and the female on the headlamp side.

Anyone who has bought something similar - How did you connect up your headlights?

:scratch:

Kato
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Get a new amphenol connector or at least one side of it and rewire the new light dead simple, failing that cut the plug of the old light unit and fit to the new.

rac3r
08-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Get a new amphenol connector or at least one side of it and rewire the new light dead simple, failing that cut the plug of the old light unit and fit to the new.

A few seconds ago I found the 3 pin plug, it's inside the stock headlight so the new one should plug straight in BUT what do I do with the 2 side light connections (which are never used! )

Albie
08-06-2010, 03:43 PM
A few seconds ago I found the 3 pin plug, it's inside the stock headlight so the new one should plug straight in BUT what do I do with the 2 side light connections (which are never used! )

How do you mean sidelights never used. They have to be seen to work even if you have a later bike which has to show dipped beam at all times doesn't it. If it doesn't just don't connect them or run some led's from them somewhere subtle.:biggrin:

rac3r
08-06-2010, 04:04 PM
How do you mean sidelights never used. They have to be seen to work even if you have a later bike which has to show dipped beam at all times doesn't it. If it doesn't just don't connect them or run some led's from them somewhere subtle.:biggrin:

By side lights I mean the parking light. Because if you open the headlight you'll see the main H4 plug, 3 pin one (http://www.comagination.com/images/H4-M-P-HD.jpg) then 2 seperate ones coming off it connecting to something else

rac3r
08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
My mistake, Just checked and the sidelight is on all the time :chuckle: