PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Stu_Vtwin
07-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi

I have been lurking the past couple of weeks and thought it best to sign up.

My wife has recently passed her full test and is now looking for a Monster. I have been riding on road for the last ten years and couldn't imagine life without bikes and now it seems my wife feels the same!

I tend to do most of the maintenance to my bikes so always find owners forums very helpful, hopefully won't need to ask too many questions once we have found a Monster. My wife is 5"2' so needs a low seat height and she was leaning towards staying on a cruiser, she has a Honda Shadow 125 at the moment, but when I showed her pictures of a Monster it was love at first sight and is also a much better bike to ride than a heavy cruiser! She does have her heart set on a black Monster (ooh err missus!) though which hasn't helped when trawling through the classifieds.....

Anyway thought I would just post here to say hello - I have posted in the wanted section as well, but if anyone knows of a black 600/620/750 Monster for sale for around £2K please let me know. And yes, I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour :banghead:

Cheers for now.

Stu

giler
07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi

I have been lurking the past couple of weeks and thought it best to sign up.

My wife has recently passed her full test and is now looking for a Monster. I have been riding on road for the last ten years and couldn't imagine life without bikes and now it seems my wife feels the same!

I tend to do most of the maintenance to my bikes so always find owners forums very helpful, hopefully won't need to ask too many questions once we have found a Monster. My wife is 5"2' so needs a low seat height and she was leaning towards staying on a cruiser, she has a Honda Shadow 125 at the moment, but when I showed her pictures of a Monster it was love at first sight and is also a much better bike to ride than a heavy cruiser! She does have her heart set on a black Monster (ooh err missus!) though which hasn't helped when trawling through the classifieds.....

Anyway thought I would just post here to say hello - I have posted in the wanted section as well, but if anyone knows of a black 600/620/750 Monster for sale for around £2K please let me know. And yes, I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour :banghead:

Cheers for now.

Stu

Nice 900 for sale for only a little more:biggrin:

J.P
07-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello and welcome . Hopefully you'll find a bike soon. And you can always have it resprayed...

Nickj
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour

An ideal opportunity to get the black of her choice then, it's not like there's much paint area to start with!
Hope you find the bike you're after and there's much happy thrashing :)

Snips
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the club, you've definitely come to the right place.

Good luck finding the right bike.

My own first 'proper' bike was a monster 620, and it was a beautiful bike, and great for a sensible beginner.

PedroII
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
what about a silver 2001 m750? (so I can buy Giler's 900!)
I can get a couple of spray cans from wilkinson's and make it look black/rat!:biggrin:

Stu_Vtwin
09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all your replies. Do any of you know if the seat height is the same on the 750 and 900 as the 600/620 models?

Thanks again.