PDA

View Full Version : Ducatisti Bristol

Goody76
07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
CAN WE GET A BRISTOL REGION???

Wow, August already. Where is all the time going?

So back to our usual monthly meets, and hopefully some late summer sun.

And the meetings start as of tonight with our usual first Monday of the month Monday 2nd August - 8pm onwards - Golden Heart, Winterbourne, Bristol

Sunday 8th August - 9am onwards - Avenue Drivers Club, Queens Square, Bristol

*** Saturday 14th August - 9am onwards - Riders Speed n’ Sport Event, ***
*** Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders (details below) ***

Monday 16th August - 8pm onwards - Castle Of Comfort, East Harptree, Mendips

Saturday 21st August - 10am onwards - Riders Breakfast, Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders

You will see that I have included another date on Saturday 14th August. This is Rider's Speed n’ Sport event at their Cardiff dealership. Riders will have their full ridersmotorcycles.com race team on site including Michael Rutter and Martin Jessopp and the full race rig, giving a chance to look around the full set up. They are also providing a dyno machine for those wanting to check out their HP and a wheelie machine for those wanting to practice their wheelies without risk of damaging anything! So I thought we could show our support for our local Ducati Dealership and all the assistance they have provided fro us all over the years. I am thinking that we could all meet at Riders Bristol at 9am (maybe grab a quick coffee and a sandwich) and then all take a nice leisurely ride over to Cardiff for the day, and then a nice rider back. Please feel free to let me know of any preferred detours or special routes of interest for the ride back…
I would like to gauge interest for this so please reply to let me know if anyone is interested in attending this event.

Also I have been slack in reminding you all that our beloved Weston Bike Nights are still going strong, and due to the great reception they recieved last year they are pretty much on every Thursday evening this year, so if anyone is thinking of attending please feel free to drop me an email and I can let everyone know and we can hopefully arrange a meet up for a Ride-In together.

Also I know I have been very busy with work and the Army so I have not had much time to organise any other little trips or ride outs, but please remember this is a democracy so feel free to recommend or organise anything yourselves simply just drop me a line and I will ensure it is emailed to the entire local group and we can take things from there. So if ANYONE has any ides for a Ride-Out, Day Out, or an event please feel free to let me know so that we can arrange for us all to get out in the sunshine on our 'Pride & Joys'.

So I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during the month.

Kemp1
14-06-2010, 07:56 PM
CAN WE GET A BRISTOL REGION???

So summer seems to have finally arrived with some outstanding weather for us all to enjoy, but because we know how quickly a British summer can leave again, if ANYONE has any ides for a Ride-Out, Day Out, or an event please feel free to let me know so that we can arrange for us all to get out in the sunshine on our 'Pride & Joys'

But in the mean time we have our usual monthly meets to keep us going (and with this weather I hope to see the majority of you all at each meet on your bikes... HINT, HINT, HINT).

And we're back into the thick of it as of tonight with our usual first Monday of the month Monday 7th June - 8pm onwards - Golden Heart, Winterbourne, Bristol

Sunday 13th June - 9am onwards - Avenue Drivers Club, Queens Square, Bristol

Saturday 19th June - 10am onwards - Riders Breakfast, Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders

Monday 21st June - 8pm onwards - Castle Of Comfort, East Harptree, Mendips

Also I have been slack in reminding you all that our beloved Weston Bike Nights are back on, and due to the great reception they recieved last year they are pretty much on every Thursday evening this year, so if anyone is thinking of attending please feel free to drop me an email and I can let everyone know and we can hopefully arrange a meet up for a Ride-In together.

Would be really good to join some rideouts if anyone does have any ideas for Bristol but not sure if I have enough experience yet? How do you know?!

Nickj
14-06-2010, 10:33 PM
brissle awter b is awn awreil aftrawl gotsown dilec nall, bist buster idele baint?

Aplogies to any linguistic purists for the slight slide into montpellish at the end ;)

Kemp1
15-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm impressed but I'll have to get the translator out Nick, I'm not a Bristol lass!

Nickj
15-06-2010, 10:28 PM
<< Born and bred in Brissle,

Hampshire hog by adoption

and now a forest dweller by inlcination.

Kemp1
16-06-2010, 07:58 PM
<< Born and bred in Brissle,

Hampshire hog by adoption

and now a forest dweller by inlcination.

Ah I see! I'm a Devonshiree dumpling and subsequent nomad lacking in any specific dialect however I work near your dwelling place of choice -my commute is the Wye Valley :biggrin:

Goody76
24-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Hello Everyone, so I hope you have all been making the most of this gorgeous weather we are having at the moment. Alas with work and other commitments I have not been able to make full use of it myself (even to the point of not being over to Weston Bike Night at all this year).

So in the hope of making the most of a little free time, and in support of WBN's European Night, I am finally attempting to make my way over to Weston this Thursday. Plans are as usual that we will meet in Bristol first - 18:15 hrs at the Esso garage on York Road (Out the back of Fowlers), from there we will leave and take a leisurely ride via the A370 to Weston-Super-Mare. As we come into Weston we will pull off into Morrisons petrol station to meet any Weston attendees (probably around 19:00 hrs), and then we will ride into the centre of town and down onto the waterfront.

Obviously this a little short Notice but this could not be helped, so please feel free to reply and let me know if you are coming (I don't want to be waiting around for too long if no one can actually make it).

I hope to see some of you and your fine Italian Steeds there... lets see if we can prodice a strong Italian/Ducati presence for European night.

Goody76
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Yet another month been and gone. This year seems to be flying past, but with all this summer sunshine this year I am certainly not going to complain.

With all of this in mind can I please again ask you all... if ANYONE has any ides for a Ride-Out, Day Out, or an event please feel free to let me know so that we can arrange for us all to get out in the sunshine on our 'Pride & Joys'.

In the mean time we have our usual monthly to keep us going (and with this weather I hope to see the majority of you all at each meet on your bikes... HINT, HINT, HINT).

And the meetings start as of tonight with our usual first Monday of the month Monday 5th July - 8pm onwards - Golden Heart, Winterbourne, Bristol

Sunday 11th July - 9am onwards - Avenue Drivers Club, Queens Square, Bristol

Saturday 17th July - 10am onwards - Riders Breakfast, Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders

Monday 19th July - 8pm onwards - Castle Of Comfort, East Harptree, Mendips

Also I have been slack in reminding you all that our beloved Weston Bike Nights are back on, and due to the great reception they recieved last year they are pretty much on every Thursday evening this year, so if anyone is thinking of attending please feel free to drop me an email and I can let everyone know and we can hopefully arrange a meet up for a Ride-In together.

Goody76
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow, August already. Where is all the time going?

So back to our usual monthly meets, and hopefully some late summer sun.

And the meetings start as of tonight with our usual first Monday of the month Monday 2nd August - 8pm onwards - Golden Heart, Winterbourne, Bristol

Sunday 8th August - 9am onwards - Avenue Drivers Club, Queens Square, Bristol

*** Saturday 14th August - 9am onwards - Riders Speed n’ Sport Event, ***
*** Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders (details below) ***

Monday 16th August - 8pm onwards - Castle Of Comfort, East Harptree, Mendips

Saturday 21st August - 10am onwards - Riders Breakfast, Bristol Ducati dealers - Riders

You will see that I have included another date on Saturday 14th August. This is Rider's Speed n’ Sport event at their Cardiff dealership. Riders will have their full ridersmotorcycles.com race team on site including Michael Rutter and Martin Jessopp and the full race rig, giving a chance to look around the full set up. They are also providing a dyno machine for those wanting to check out their HP and a wheelie machine for those wanting to practice their wheelies without risk of damaging anything! So I thought we could show our support for our local Ducati Dealership and all the assistance they have provided fro us all over the years. I am thinking that we could all meet at Riders Bristol at 9am (maybe grab a quick coffee and a sandwich) and then all take a nice leisurely ride over to Cardiff for the day, and then a nice rider back. Please feel free to let me know of any preferred detours or special routes of interest for the ride back…
I would like to gauge interest for this so please reply to let me know if anyone is interested in attending this event.

Also I have been slack in reminding you all that our beloved Weston Bike Nights are still going strong, and due to the great reception they recieved last year they are pretty much on every Thursday evening this year, so if anyone is thinking of attending please feel free to drop me an email and I can let everyone know and we can hopefully arrange a meet up for a Ride-In together.

Also I know I have been very busy with work and the Army so I have not had much time to organise any other little trips or ride outs, but please remember this is a democracy so feel free to recommend or organise anything yourselves simply just drop me a line and I will ensure it is emailed to the entire local group and we can take things from there. So if ANYONE has any ides for a Ride-Out, Day Out, or an event please feel free to let me know so that we can arrange for us all to get out in the sunshine on our 'Pride & Joys'.