PDA

View Full Version : '03/'04 749s?

Blufoot
06-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Hello to you all, still see some names I remember...

Do any of you ducati types know of a 2003-2004 749s for sale?

I know it's a monster forum but some of you mix with 'the others'

cheers

Albie
06-06-2010, 02:47 PM
I remember your name but I dont think I ever met up. I believe you are a friend of CK and AK.

I would check out the Ducasti forum or failing that try and Join the DSC and ask there. Personally I would find a dsc member and get him or her to ask.

Blufoot
06-06-2010, 07:09 PM
cheers albie, yeah mate of c&a k, havent chatted to them for aaaaaaaages though, might have met you once before my monster was taken...

i was thinking DSC would be more appropriate but couldnt remember the letters or what they stood for if you get what i mean, so cheers

Albie
06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Ducati Sporting Club.Its had a big heave out of members even if you have done nothing wrong. CK and AK are still around and maybe you should pm them. I have no doubt they will have some advice .

Welcome back btw.:biggrin:

CK & AK
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
WTF have you been mister - its been TOO blinking long!

We are (still) where we lived 6 yrs ago - pop over sometime - lots to catch up on!
(Oh, and try Ducatisti classifieds as the DSC is just about dead & has been for a couple of years or so now mate)

CK
xxxx

oh, and I hope you are still behaving, Wayne! No more wheelies & fast riding like we used to do on the Monsters 8 yrs ago & less!

Blufoot
07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah it has been a while hasnt it!

I now have a dilema, it's either...

2003 749s bip, 20k miles @ £3650

or

2004 749 bip, 7k miles, termis fitted (originals come with it too) @ £3800

I think i get an extra 8bhp with the 's' but which would you go for?

CK & AK
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Neither - a K7 or K8 gsxr 1000 could be got for the same dosh mister! :p

Give the old boy a bell early tonight, he is still on the same number (we both are actually!) & discuss - he's working with all things Ducati all the time mate :)
If you've lost the number - its on our website in the contacts, see linky below in sig.
CK
xx

Blufoot
07-06-2010, 03:29 PM
mind reader, how did you know i lost your numbers?

my fzr600rr is literally falling to peices so i'm gonna go and buy the 749 without the 's' later this evening, i'm trying to slow down these days and look cool so seeing as the termi's are already on the 749 i'm gonna go for that.

i'll give one of you a call soon anyway to catch up OR, is that meeting still on in that pub in the evenings? could meet you there for a lemonade and rollup?

CK & AK
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Pubs been anti bikers for about 5 years now mate - even going to the lengths of putting down a DEEP gravel drive at the back & closing off the front car park :(

Pop over sometime - best to bell 1st tho just in case we are away racing or something.
AK might let you have a spin on his new toy that he got last week!

Oh - and AK would go for the S every time rather than the std 749.

CK

Blufoot
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
"Oh - and AK would go for the S every time rather than the std 749"

thats right, fill me with confidence on my choice to go with the non 's' ha ha, i knew he would anyway but the low mileage and termi kit drew me in in the end...

i have a vague memory of you moving, oh and just as i type i have remembered where you moved to so no need to ask now ;)

see you soonish

Albie
07-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Nice having that spanner in the works thrown at you like that. I have no doubt AK knows what he's talking about though. As long as the 20,000 miler has a very good history it could be better . Decisions decisions eh. Good luck anyhow.

Blufoot
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
nah i've commited now, but to be honest the slower one might be better suited for my needs now, i need to ride slower or i'll end up dead like that biker i saw this morning on the way to work :(

CK & AK
07-06-2010, 06:33 PM
The difference is the bling fitted & the S revs better (different cams) and it just rides a whole lot better Blu. Try our trick 1098s or the Streetfighter S & then you'll find the 749 a bit sluggy...... lol

Whatever power you have, you 'can' become a cropper if you dont handle it properly - and as I remember, you used to save on a lot of front tyre rubber! :D

See you soon, the kettle will be on if you call 1st (tho not from Weds this week till Sat)

CK
xx

CK & AK
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Cheers for the call mister :thumbsup: