PDA

View Full Version : Warped Front Discs 1100s

Albie
05-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I have felt a slight low speed rub before but today it was confirmed by Ducati Ashford mine are fairly warped. I never told him , he told me and am very glad for that:biggrin:

He said a few models have been suffering including 1100s ( not sure about 1100 as they use different heavier centres but he said 1098/1198 too. Think its just a bad batch. Maybe a good idea to check whilst still under your warranty.

Snips
05-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Albie.

(cue flaming for using Americanisms such as 'heads up' ;) )

Albie
29-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Well once again a thumbs up to Laguna's Ducati Ashford for their service department. Phoned me up on Wednesday and said discs and pads in and booked me in for Saturday. Took the bike down and changed them. Second look at the oil weep and they even took the clutch drum/basket off in case it was behind there. It was dry but they sealed all the screws incase. Im not sure if it s cured as there was a slight patch near to where it lays. I have now also put the standard oil filler cap on in case the alloy one is the culprit.

Nearly got tempted with the Streetfighter again. I have fallen in love with the white one. :hissy:

steeevvvooo
29-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I rode the streetfigher S at the Ducati roadshow at the Ace on Friday. :biggrin:

I was very slow as it was a group ride out, but felt nice, if a little quiet as standard.

scrapps
30-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear your getting a good service from our local dealer. long may it continue :)