PDA

View Full Version : Carbon repair

markie
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Does anybody out thare know how to bring back the shine to faded carbon fibre???
I Was cleaning my bike with "Muck-off" and left it to dry like usual and one pice whent faded.all my outher carbon is fine???:confused:

Albie
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I would rub down lightly with a fine grade wet and dry for a key to the surface and then relaquer with an aerosol or failing that take to a sprayers for them to do. Just make sure you seem to get an even surface around the faded areas. And degrease before spraying.

He11cat
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I had trouble with Muck off ... left white marks everywhere.. bloody dreadful...
I was told to use t cut on my cans..but the problem is it gets in the weave of the carbon unless a heavy laquer on them.

I would go for Albies suggestion as my faded cans wouldn't come up..

markie
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
yeah i have white marks also.Ok ile youse T-Cut first and if that fails ile re-laquor........Thanks for ur advide peps.....

motojohn
22-07-2010, 05:17 PM
done all my carbon with 2 pack laquor very hard and very shiny . i can do anyboby elses if they want it done very cheep just need a few bits to make it worth mixing up a batch

PETE.AKO
22-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi i have a pair of remas cans and use the car wax back to black.Works fine give it a try?? Pete

markie
18-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Before i try wet and dry i try the back to black and it works great.to be more specific i have the BUMPER CARE from AUTO GLYM and its far more quicker that any outher option and safer:thumbsup: