PDA

View Full Version : Maldon Powder Coating

Paranoid Dave
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I chose Maldon to do the powder coating work on the project I'm doing, mainly because I'd seen their work and wanted a very specific job, and knew they could provide what I was looking for.

After a visit, a chat and a tour of the building I left with the promise they would dig out a 'specific' colour. Three days later I went back, not only had they done a tester of it but based on my descriptions and plan they had also created a colour/finish just for me which was even better. Can't fault their effort so off with first batch.

First batch was frame and wheels with a few other brackets. Turnaround was estimated 2 or 3 weeks as I said I was in no hurry. When I went back to collect, the quality was superb and colours great. Unfortunately despite a clear conversation at the start they had done one bit the wrong colour. :grump: I also asked if they did discount for club membership etc, yes 5% but it's already been invoiced so it's too late now. :confused: (will come back to this later).

So, batch number two, all silver. (And the one part they are doing again at no cost to correct the colour) Discount asked for in ADVANCE and 3 weeks turnaround written on sheet (as i'm in no hurry).
It took a few weeks longer than planned due to easter and mechanical breakdowns but the call comes and I'm told it's all done, finally a day off work means I can dash down to collect it. Once again the quality looks great but once I get home I can't find a small part I'm sure I gave them... :confused: I call them the moment I realise it's missing and 5 minutes later they call back and tell me they have it, will coat it and send it out soon.
Now safely in my hand and job complete:D

Discount: I was given my 5% discount plus more on the second batch to compensate for it being missing from the first job, I wasn't aware at the start that discount is discretionary and with proof of club membership in advance, which I didn't do.
Trevor Lodge who runs the company has asked that if as a club we want to set up an arrangement with them then they can offer discount to any members of this club showing proof of membership.
(PM to Slob on way)

Paranoid Dave
14-06-2010, 07:19 PM
*** Updated ***