PDA

View Full Version : London area ACE Cafe meet

Jungle24
24-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I am keen to organise a regular meet at the ACE cafe for London and surrounding areas Monster owners and was wondering if anyone fancied it?
It would be great to meet some likeminded Monster lovers and what a venue to meet at!
I know there is a Italian night already, do you all attend already?
Cheers Jim

gregski
24-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I was there last Friday and I count about 6 monsters don't know if the was any UKMOC members

frequent meetings in Ace sounds good to me:thumbsup:

Jaron
24-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi Jim,

Great idea, there is lots of talk on here about meeting and people not turning up which is a shame for what ever reason. Perhaps a fortnightly / regular meet would be an answer...
I'm up for that, you thinking week night or weekend?

slob
24-05-2010, 02:29 PM
We have held lunch meetings on 1st Saturday of the month at Fatboy's Diner in Docklands for the last year or so (although last month was skipped due to the UKMOC Weekender and June many of us will be away at WDW)

"If you build it they will come!"

Jaron
24-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Well I a lot of us wont sadly be there (and I'm guessing these are the ones that can't always make events) so we should hook up for sure!

Jungle24
24-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Good to hear from you guys!
I am up for an evening or a weekend day perhaps with a ride out beforehand?
I am away up in Yorkshire until the beg of June but will defo arrange something when I am back.
World cup is going to be a factor so maybe a Saturday to start would be good as not many games during the day!
My mate was at the Ace last Friday and said he saw a few Monsters too. perhaps one was yours?
I would have been there if my blinking Oil pressure light didnt come on!!
Went down on Saturday for a beer but there was some Cosworth event on...not my thing but funny to see grown men crooning over an xr3i van!!!
Lets see how many other Londoners we can get interested and make this happen!!!

animaluk
24-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Fatboy's Diner in Docklands

Slob do you have shares in this place :)

slob
24-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Nope... but it's at my end of town, it's that or the tea hut in Epping Forest, and If I'm the one organising the meets that's where I choose.
personally I don't like the Ace much (shoved round the back to make way for Ford Mondeo day or whatever...) but its 'the meeting place' West London and if someone's actually getting off their arse and organising something I'll give them my full support.

littlejimmy12
24-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I keep meaning to head down to Ace for Italian night, midweek in the Ace is a bit pants. I sometimes head down there on a sat or sun morning for breakfast, heading down there this coming saturday with fellow member simons if anyone would like to join...animaluk?? slob?? haven't seen you in a year and Seby as well - more the merrier. Can't do lunch in docklands as I have work at 13.00

benson
24-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Weekend breakfasts at the Ace are good if you're that way over town - the fatboys meet is equally good ont t'other - and the coffee is well.....very good!

Sadly I'm rarely in London at the weekends on a regular basis but if availbale I will always try to play out so will keep an eye on the diary...

slob
24-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Will have to see how far I get this week with ironing out niggles with my 1000 before Italy. Saturday may be the last full day I can get in the workshop... but provisonally yes

p.s. I was up the Ace yesterday lunchtime... and Skins Cafe... and Jack's Hill Cafe ... and The World Famous Comfort Cafe (but not Fatboy's Diner Paul) http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=37604&post#17

benson
24-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Well done! I was over in Uppingham and other salubrious parts of Leicestershire yesterday - fine roads but even better ice cream!!!

He11cat
24-05-2010, 06:34 PM
who does the best coke floats or milkshakes ???

Albie
24-05-2010, 06:55 PM
So He11cat we can either hit the Ace when the fortunate ones are in Italia or wait until after and all hit the Ace in a big way. Maybe we could really get a good attendance with a bit of forward planning. It also falls into the Holiday period when lots go away like Im missing the groombridge ducati/ferrari day :banghead::banghead:

So we need to decide a date then. Sundays better for me but saturday is still do able

gary tompkins
24-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Albie,

I would check the weekend calander at the Ace as there's always a lot going on. If you turn up at a big meet (cars for example), you'll struggle to get in car park & get shoved into a corner. I used to go to Italian night regularly when NABD met at the ACE, and it was always a good night. I don't bother anymore as it's a boring ride there and back, and not much fun on trike if traffic is bad.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx

He11cat
24-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I vote hit it big styleee... :)

But is a case of looking at what days they have going on.
If its a "car" day... very bad... if its Scooter day v bad... we are not talking Italian scoters which I have no issues with.. but little bleeders on buzzy things!!

If we are going to do it good do it proper I say! :) :pedro:

animaluk
24-05-2010, 09:05 PM
lol it be good to see you again jimmy, I know fatboys as well london bikers sometimes go there as well, as well as high beech and box hill all have there pro's and con's

Im only joking Rob you just seem to like Fatboys dinner as much as my bikes love going to rosso corse :)

skank
25-05-2010, 07:38 AM
as much as my bikes love going to rosso corse :)

know the bloody feeling right now. :cry: spent more there in the last 2 months than I paid for my bike!

Stuart42
25-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi all

depending on when this meet is could be up for it.

Just don't tell the other Hampsters as they funny about 'desertion'

Cheers
Stuart

animaluk
25-05-2010, 09:36 AM
know the bloody feeling right now. :cry: spent more there in the last 2 months than I paid for my bike!

Prehaps you should just setup a standing order each month with them :chuckle:

scrapps
25-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I have not been to the Ace for ages so would be happy to meet up now the weather has picked up.
Long old run for me to get a cuppa so a event day is best for me.

He11cat
25-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Least I can't get lost .. well um not with in the cafe itself.

Unlike ... where are you????
me :At lakeside ..
where??
Me:In the car park!
Which one ?
Me:Er..... the big one ???? um with cars in... :)

At least I can't end up round the other side of the place listening to hear someones bike to get my barings!!...

I had to go 3 miles the other day in Ippo... the last turning I got wrong and ended up on my teeny bike thrashing it over the Orwell bridge ..it got up to 60.. downhill (laden with camping stuff) until the slope up the bridge where it um ran out of power.... I was preying please stay over 40 please!!!!..
I did not intend to go over the bridge...
I got lost in a town I lived in for 20 years going 3 miles... oh the shame!
I did ride my CG125 from Ippo to the ace... last year.. never again it took hours!

Capo
25-05-2010, 01:32 PM
The Ace is nothing like it was in the old days.

animaluk
25-05-2010, 02:34 PM
The Ace is nothing like it was in the old days.

yeah theres a big three lane a road next to it now

slob
25-05-2010, 03:00 PM
If we get back to Jim's original point....

When does everyone want to meet?

littlejimmy12
25-05-2010, 04:39 PM
yes - I am keen to meet up this weekend, u can all laugh at my rediculous clutch cover, in fact that is a generous description! I am working sat 1-2 so anytime before or after is good

slob
27-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Boing...

since I should be able to swap out my rogue oil seal tonight I'm up for this, especially if we can ride out somewhere a bit more scenic than the A406,

What day and time does everyone fancy this?

Sat. GTROC day
Sun. Classic & Brit bike day
either of which will probably relegate us to the naughty corner or over the road

slob
28-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Weather looks better for Sun that Sat.

Jungle, Jaron, gregski, jimmy...

...anyone?

Jaron
28-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Rob, at a wedding this weekend sadly. Just got the bike back from Rosso Corse (complete with sticker) so desperate to use it properly.
I think the initial thread was suggesting beginning of June when Jungle is back - I can do the following weekend for sure...

Jungle24
31-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Apologies for the delay guys, have been up in Yorkshire for a wedding with no internet access.
I say lets get a date in the diary for a meet. Next weekend either Saturday or Sunday is good for me.
I agree that an early morning meet say 9am or 10am would be best as to ensure we are not shoved in a corner.
There is always Friday evenings too but I have heard these can attract some 300+ bikes and get quite lairy with lots of burn outs and wheelies etc, could be fun though.
If you feel it may be better to meet in a couple of weeks to ensure a better turnout that could work too.
On a separate note does anyone know how to get hold of the UKMOC cards as would be great to have some for when I see other monsters!

Jaron
31-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Sunday would great for me, 9am.

slob
31-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I have cards, I will make arrangements to get some to those who need them after I get back from Italy.

I agree earlier is better, if you're planning to make it a regular thing I'd suggest 3rd or 4th Sunday since 1st Saturday is our East london meet and 2nd Sunday is the regular Kent meet, which isn't far out of London and a few of us attend regularly, since getting out of the city is usually a priority.

Paivi
31-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree earlier is better, if you're planning to make it a regular thing I'd suggest 3rd or 4th Sunday since 1st Saturday is our East london meet and 2nd Sunday is the regular Kent meet, which isn't far out of London and a few of us attend regularly, since getting out of the city is usually a priority.
And the second Saturday of the month is the Box Hill Ducatisti meet; Monsteristi are more than welcome! We're in a minority in a sea of sportsbikes, so how about on Saturday, 12 June, we all invade the carpark from 10.30am until about noon, and then go for a bimble?

Jungle24
31-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Im good for the 12th June at 10:30am if everyone else is???

Jaron
31-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yep, I'm there for that!

gregski
01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I will be I Italy to the 16th so maybe next weekend ??

analogue_rogue
01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
im back from wolves on leave and was looking for a ride to the ace... then you all said thisweekend and i was getting my hopes up... and now you have moved the goal posts and i cant make it again lol!!! noooooo

gregski
01-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I will be there this Friday :P

Jungle24
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I am easy for both weekend in all honesty so lets get a date for this weekend. Friday Greg is there I could be there from about 8pm ish and parking will be limited but it will be a crack. I could do also do Sat 10am or Sun 10am let me know.

Jaron
02-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I'll be there Sunday 10ish too - any others????

analogue_rogue
02-06-2010, 09:24 AM
im heading up sat morning as sat night is my stag do and ill be too hung over sunday.. i've even persuaded the better half to join me :D

He11cat
02-06-2010, 12:40 PM
If something regular gets set up I would trundle down sometimes.
However I am not a 9am Sunday morning girl call me a lazy ass but thats the one day of the week I get to rest and not get up at silly am and I need it!!!

Ive got a good 2 hour ride to the ace so 7am start errrrrrr hmmm... no!
Anyone who knows me knows how hidious a person I am before 10 am... its not nice or happy.
Im sure some others this way would be happy to join in on this.

I am also keen to come and visit you Kent lot!!!....
I think I likes you lot :)

Jaron
02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Will making it a bit later for folk encourage - weather looks good for this weekend...?

pegboy
03-06-2010, 12:07 AM
No can do this time, bike off the road and i am off to Oz on Tuesday. Hopefully the weather will be fantastic when i am back will be looking forward to a few outings then, warm up for Cadwell, August 9th, anyone???

Jungle24
03-06-2010, 11:15 AM
OK - Thanks everyone for your input on meeting up but we seem to have lots of different options.

I have noted the following so far -

Greg is there tomorrow evening - Friday 4th June
Analogue Rogue - Sat 5th June in the morning
Jaron - Sun 6th June 10ish

I will probably head down tomorrow evening for a look as I hear its quite raucious and fancy a look so Greg keep an eye and ear out for an S2R800 in black and Orange! Incidentally what do you have?

In terms of a regular meet Slob is speaking sense and as to not clash with the other East London and Kent meets I agree we should go for either the 3rd or 4th Sunday as Slob mentioned. This month those dates are the 20th or 27th next month we are looking at 18th and 25th. I suggest a 10:30am meet to allow paople like He11cat time to get down if they want to attend, others could always show up slightly earlier and wait!

I think it would be good to get as many people together as possible rather than the odd one or two occasionally, as we can always arrange this type of a meet with each other once established.

I think next step is to establish what day we are ALL meeting in June and move on from there. Once this starts we can have a regular thread which I am sure will attract fellow londoners to the meet.

Sorry if I sound pushy, this is not being typed in that manner I just want to make this happen and take the bull by the horns.

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

slob
03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't worry about sounding pushy, it's hard to get Londoners together and committed to anything...

I'm back from Italy on 19th all being well, so let us know when you're meeting and I'll make every effort to get there.

gregski
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Greg is there tomorrow evening - Friday 4th June
Analogue Rogue - Sat 5th June in the morning
Jaron - Sun 6th June 10ish

I will probably head down tomorrow evening for a look as I hear its quite raucious and fancy a look so Greg keep an eye and ear out for an S2R800 in black and Orange! Incidentally what do you have?

Black & Orange nice I will be on a red 620 ie but it is so dirty it looks like dark :biggrin:
should be there about 8:00 8:30

analogue_rogue
04-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't worry about sounding pushy, it's hard to get Londoners together and committed to anything...

I'm back from Italy on 19th all being well, so let us know when you're meeting and I'll make every effort to get there.

woah woah woah.. im not a londoner/londinian!!!!!

Jungle24
05-06-2010, 09:46 AM
WOW!! what a night!! 300 bikes, wheelies, burnouts, sun, beer, biker chicks....life doesnt get much better than that!
Didnt see you Greg, next time!!!

Paivi
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
WOW!! what a night!! 300 bikes, wheelies, burnouts, sun, beer, biker chicks....
Nah, you're really not selling it to me.

slob
05-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Miles of twisting roads, sticky rubber, high octane fuel?

Jungle24
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Saw this bike.....Is the nitrous really necessary!!

Paivi
05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Miles of twisting roads, sticky rubber, high octane fuel?
That's more like it. Pity it's way too hot in Italy for me in June. I melt at anything above 20C.

pegboy
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I am back from OZ on the 25th June. Give me a week to get the bike back on the road and first chance i am there.

Gunsoku
22-06-2010, 07:17 PM
So - anybody planning on going to the Ace next Friday?

Bike Night + Performance & Fast Bike + Ducati Roadshow, starting at 6pm - unless something serious pops up, I'll try and make it. I know I'm a newbie, but I would love to meet some of the locals!

littlejimmy12
22-06-2010, 08:19 PM
So - anybody planning on going to the Ace next Friday?

Bike Night + Performance & Fast Bike + Ducati Roadshow, starting at 6pm - unless something serious pops up, I'll try and make it. I know I'm a newbie, but I would love to meet some of the locals!

I will try and be there

steeevvvooo
22-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I'll be there. Red s2r on an 06 plate.

I want a demo ride on something! :)

Gunsoku
22-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I will try and be there

With or w/o baffles? ;)

Looking very much forward to see/hear the tubes IRL!

Anything specific you're eyeing at steeevvvooo?

gregski
22-06-2010, 11:12 PM
WOW!! what a night!! 300 bikes, wheelies, burnouts, sun, beer, biker chicks....life doesnt get much better than that!
Didnt see you Greg, next time!!!

Yes I was there but only a short time have not seen any black and orange :mad: and the nitro one his there every weekend japanice but nice looking bike

see you next time

Jungle24
23-06-2010, 09:12 AM
I am up for next Friday, thats the 2nd July right? I am on a black and orange s2r with hi level de bafflled cans!

I could also be up for a meet this Friday if anyone fancies it?

Gunsoku
23-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Jungle, sorry I wasn't very clear - it's the 25th (next Friday) that the Ducati Roadshow will be popping by.
So when I mentioned next Friday, I actually meant this Friday. ;)

*confused and left with lots of memories of Icecube...*

Qba
24-06-2010, 09:18 PM
So tomorrow 6pm, I'm up for it... if I don't get lost. Black & white s2r.

rac3r
24-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I recommend you get there early because not only is the Ducati road show there but it's also bike night so it's going to be paaaaaaaackeedd!

Should be good :cool:

I won't be there :chuckle:

Qba
24-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks rac3r. It might be a good idea then to meet somewhere else first? Ikea parking few miles further NW next to n.circular and together to Ace?

rac3r
24-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks rac3r. It might be a good idea then to meet somewhere else first? Ikea parking few miles further NW next to n.circular and together to Ace?

If you want to meet somewhere else I would suggest the petrol station next to the D Link building. Turn left (instead of right for Ace) when you take the exit on the N circular. Would be easier than Ikea

gregski
24-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm going to Bristol tomorow I might pop in on my way back
white Transit this time hehehe

Qba
24-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Nice one. Grzechu go for it ;)

Jungle24
25-06-2010, 08:56 AM
I am 98% confirmed for tonght as need to check with the missus, but will not be able to get down till at least 7 or 7:30pm!
It will be packed but there is always somewhere to park up as have even seen people on the bridge opposite!
Keep an eye out for a Black and orange s2r with loud hi level pipes. my names Jim and I wear a black leather Ducati Mecannica Jacket with a cream stripe so if you see me feel free to say hi.
I hope to see some of you there!!!

Blufoot
25-06-2010, 09:09 AM
i only live round the corner, i might roll down and stare at your monsters.

I'll be on a red 749 wearing shorts and flip flops and no shirt.

Jungle24
25-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Ok im 100% in now! Will probably leave work early and head down for approx 6:30-7pm.
Whats this Ducati roadshow all about anyway?
See you there!!!

Qba
25-06-2010, 09:36 AM
The
DUCATI ROADSHOW
will be at the cafe, along with demo bikes!,
so bring along a full driving licence
(Demo rides cannot be booked in advance)
and try out the
1198, 848, Multistrada 1200,
696 & 1100 Monster
796 & 1100 Hypermotard

...I've lost my driving licence so no can do

Qba
25-06-2010, 09:42 AM
But I'll be there anyway. Jim, if you'll spot me first. Black & silver dainese leather jacket... I'll try to get there maybe an hour earlier.

Gunsoku
25-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Cream Dainese jacket, Arai RX-7 Nakano Sakura, Asian fella on a completely black S2R, wandering around the place, looking rather lost.

Feel free to say hi! ;)

slob
25-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Ducati 'IOM78' jacket, Red UKMOC t-shirt, very dirty Blue M1000Sie, from about 6:30.

gregski
25-06-2010, 11:14 AM
and maybe me man with a van hehehehehhe depend what time I'll be back from my trip :p

rac3r
25-06-2010, 11:23 AM
and maybe me man with a van hehehehehhe depend what time I'll be back from my trip :p

Don't forget to collect some of those demo bikes :biggrin:

steeevvvooo
25-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Red/white S2r (as is pic to the left!)

I'll be sporting my fetching (or not) hein gericke black/silver leathers.

I'll be coming two up with a mate from work, who's decided to leave his Nissan GTR at home and travel in style as an honorary biker for the day!! :biggrin:

Hopefully be there not long after 6pm.

Jungle24
25-06-2010, 12:23 PM
This is shaping up to be a memorable night. I am going to get some film in the Nikon so hope to get some good shots.
I suggest as there are quite a few of us from here intending to go why dont we all meet up at 7:30pm by the entrance at the roundabout end? its the one where you go up to the toilets. I suggest this as knowing my luck I will go to introduce myself to someone fitting a rough description and end up looking a right plonker!!
Also to test one of the Ducatis you need to bring BOTH parts of the license right?
Am defo going to have to bunk off work early now to get the bike looking spotless!!!

Qba
25-06-2010, 12:39 PM
They didn't mention anything about both parts. I think what they meant was they will not accept i.e. cbt.
Not sure which roundabout you're talking about, as I've been there only once so far. Need to just hope I'll find you lot.

Jungle24
25-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Normally you need the photocard and counterpart to test ride a bike so they can see you dont have any points or bans etc.
There is a mini roundabout to the left if you have your back to the cafe. It will be the entrance nearest that. Very easy to locate.
Hopefully see you later!

Qba
25-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Cheers, I've got now.

littlejimmy12
25-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I'll be there at 6 definately, can;t stay long though, look out for s4 senna

Gunsoku
25-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Leaving now, hope's to see you there!

Gunsoku
25-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh Jimmy where are thou?! ;)

steeevvvooo
25-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I was there, parked by the demo bikes with Slob and Qba. Was pretty busy, but didn't see any other monsters.

Had a ride on the streetfighter S, and which an awesome bike, I decided on my ride home that I wouldn't swap for my monster! Honest! :confused::dizzy:

The suspension was brilliant with the Ohlins, and it had silly power from my limited test, but didn't make me grin like a fool. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rac3r
25-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Cool! How long did you have to wait to test one? There must have been quite a few waiting, I would have got told where to go with '<25kw' on my licence :chuckle:

steeevvvooo
25-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Cool! How long did you have to wait to test one?

Didn't have to wait long at all. Registered in 5 mins, and was out on the Streetfighter in 15 mins, then was called to go out on the Monster 796 straight after (Actually gave that a miss as I didn't want to be disappointed after just jumping off a bike twice the price! :()

I got there about 7pm so was just starting to get busy.

Rides were done in an escorted group, so can't really say I "tested" if properly...

gregski
26-06-2010, 11:25 AM
sorry guys that I didn't make it but got back from Bristol at 1am and went strate to bed

see you next time :p