PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Light

pegboy
15-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I have no brake light from my front brake lever. After tracing the problem back into the wiring loom i now have corrected the problem. But, i am missing the small rod??? on the brake lever that operates the small switch device to make the brake light work.

Where can i get this from??

Stuart42
16-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi

I lost mine the other day, saw it fall out which is more annoying, it feel in the deep recesses of the engine.

Solved it but cutting the head off a 5mm bolt and cut it to 6mm long, works a treat.

Cheapest fix I've made recently.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Stuart

analogue_rogue
16-05-2010, 06:47 AM
you can buy them from ducati.. they keep loads in stock in most places and they are about £1 if that. (i found this about a month ago)

pegboy
16-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi

I lost mine the other day, saw it fall out which is more annoying, it feel in the deep recesses of the engine.

Solved it but cutting the head off a 5mm bolt and cut it to 6mm long, works a treat.

Cheapest fix I've made recently.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Stuart

Might try this one thanks. Otherwise its off to ducati next week

pegboy
19-05-2010, 08:38 PM
well i did what Stuart 42 suggested and it still would not work, anyhow after about an hour i manage to fix the problem, a wire corroded in the loom right at the back where it splits to go to the fuse box etc, what a bugger to fix, had to open all the rear section of the wiring loom.

After that the 5mm bolt worked a treat. Cheers

Stuart42
22-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Glad to be of service, and that in now works.

Cheers
Stuart