PDA

View Full Version : May 23rd - Brekkie Meet

uksurfer
15-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Hants Breakfast meet next Sunday, i know we've missed a few recently due to other events, so meet at Stockbridge at 10.00 at the White Hart Pub, then a steady ride down to Mudeford Quay (where there is a very nice fresh sea food shop) have breakfast in the cafe there next to the sea, maybe a little loop through Lymington back to the New Forest and then back up to Andover.

See you all there :)

Liz
15-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Can't make it I'm afraid but have fun!

Stuart42
15-05-2010, 10:30 AM
All being well see you there.

Cheers
Stuart

granite785
15-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Yay, no work scheduled for me so I will be up for this ride. Fingers crossed nothing gets in the way

Stuart42
15-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Be good to see you again Grant, fingers crossed.

Cheers
Stuart

Mr Free Market
15-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a 'provisional pink ticket' from The Boss so I hope to be there.

Anyone else coming down from Wiltshire?

uksurfer
15-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Might well be, just have to see who makes it and tag along with anyone coming past.
Theres people up your way but unsure wether they will make it or not.....
It would be good to meet you :thumbsup:

uksurfer
15-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't make it I'm afraid but have fun!

i expect more from you!!!!! :D

Albie
15-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Shes coming to the Kent meet and there is a proper seafood place near by called Whitstable where the oysters are fantastic.

Have a good day a lets pray for some sunshine:D:D

uksurfer
15-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Shes coming to the Kent meet

NO! :D Liz will never desert the Hampsters......

I thought Whitstable was in Yorkshire, gonna be hell of a ride up there :running:

Albie
15-05-2010, 04:32 PM
NO! :D Liz will never desert the Hampsters......

I thought Whitstable was in Yorkshire, gonna be hell of a ride up there :running:

Your welcome to scrapps bbq. No thats Whitby mate....:D:D

uksurfer
15-05-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks for the invite albie, but have to decline due to 'family' reasons.... :hail:

This is the route i'm hoping we can take on the day, some of my local roads which i enjoy riding when i can get out!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Stockbridge&daddr=Salisbury+to:B3347%2FRingwood+Rd+to:50.72624 2,-1.739702+to:Lymington+to:B3056+to:Unknown+road+to: Arters+Lawn+to:Deerleap+Ln+to:romsey+to:Stockbridg e&hl=en&geocode=FcDvCwMdDUrp_ymfhqgCuvBzSDGf5yGqw7Alug%3BF Qc6CwMdBpLk_ym3mwA2VYxzSDEGql7ygOCjDQ%3BFSr5BgMdpq Lk_w%3B%3BFXeABgMdaV3o_ylJpO9R1YBzSDFQPacpkfSMzQ%3 BFc2dBwMdLa3p_w%3BFQL4BwMd6ELp_w%3BFf1ZCAMdXG_p_w% 3BFfalCAMdcQLp_w%3BFWYHCgMdCCHp_ykhU5N6RopzSDFfbsD nOy8dkg%3BFcDvCwMdDUrp_ymfhqgCuvBzSDGf5yGqw7Alug&mra=dpe&mrcr=1&mrsp=3&sz=14&via=2,3,5,6,7,8&sll=50.733902,-1.728544&sspn=0.035582,0.109777&ie=UTF8&ll=50.81548,-1.403503&spn=0.568321,1.756439&z=10&dirflg=d

chris yeatman
15-05-2010, 09:44 PM
will let u know mate

desmo
16-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I can't make it next Sun.
Will try to catch up with you all when you have another breakfast meet.

Liz
16-05-2010, 08:16 PM

:hail:

Shes coming to the Kent meet and there is a proper seafood place near by called Whitstable where the oysters are fantastic.

Have a good day a lets pray for some sunshine:D:D

Albie, thanks for dropping me in it! :mad:

[QUOTE=uksurfer;349769]NO! :D Liz will never desert the Hampsters......QUOTE]

I'm not deserting the Hampsters, I'll just be going to a different seaside on the same day! Scrapps invited me months ago to his birthday BBQ. I'll be at the BBQ the following weekend at MrsC 772 for definate - if I'm still allowed? :worried:

MrsC_772
16-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Still very welcome at my barbecue, whether as an honourary Hampster from Wiltshire or honourary Kentie!

Liz
16-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Still very welcome at my barbecue, whether as an honourary Hampster from Wiltshire or honourary Kentie!

Thanks MrsC! Looks like it will be me and the 'little' Monster! :)

Gutsy
16-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Count me in - I have new posh sounding termies, so feel I have now graduated!! Not sure I go any faster, just sound SOOOOOO much better. See you in Stockbridge.

chris yeatman
16-05-2010, 09:30 PM
:hail:

[QUOTE=uksurfer;349769]NO! :D Liz will never desert the Hampsters......QUOTE]

I'm not deserting the Hampsters, I'll just be going to a different seaside on the same day! Scrapps invited me months ago to his birthday BBQ. I'll be at the BBQ the following weekend at MrsC 772 for definate - if I'm still allowed? :worried:

liz, how could u!!!!!
after all the things we have done for u!!!!! :running:

Liz
16-05-2010, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Liz_62;349850]:hail:

liz, how could u!!!!!
after all the things we have done for u!!!!! :running:

Oh, how to make someone feel guilty!! :cry:
Scrapps invited me months ago and his birthday is the answer to 'life, the universe and everything'! (Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy!).
Albie is sooooo in trouble! :mad:

uksurfer
17-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Count me in - I have new posh sounding termies, so feel I have now graduated!! Not sure I go any faster, just sound SOOOOOO much better. See you in Stockbridge.

Nice one, looking forward to hearing them, baffles in or out????

[QUOTE=chris yeatman;349878]

Oh, how to make someone feel guilty!! :cry:
Scrapps invited me months ago and his birthday is the answer to 'life, the universe and everything'! (Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy!).
Albie is sooooo in trouble! :mad:

Maybe we could let you have a day pass out the area, might have to take a vote on it Sunday....... :spin:

Stuart42
17-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Giving out passes? If Liz wants to go then let her go with her new 'Kentie' mates.

After all we said the other evening about the 'Hardcore Hampsters'.

Oh well proven wrong again

Cheers
Stuart

Pedro
17-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Bugger, can't make that and I've been looking for an excuse since the bike now has an MOT but I've got a shoot to go to instead...

chris yeatman
17-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Bugger, can't make that and I've been looking for an excuse since the bike now has an MOT but I've got a shoot to go to instead...

thats a shame,
could u not get on the monnie, with the gun and shot the car drivers, :idea: :running:

chris yeatman
19-05-2010, 07:13 PM

yeah meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

uksurfer
19-05-2010, 07:30 PM
If anyone one new is 'thinking' about coming along for a ride for the first time, please come and join us, i'm sure you'll have a good time, we are friendly bunch, and don't worry about being too slow or not being able to keep up.
We don't rush off and leave anyone behind, not lost anyone yet!!
Come along and see what it's all about, all welcome where-ever you live!!

Cheers
martin :ukm:

Sunshine Guaranteed

granite785
20-05-2010, 08:32 AM
If anyone one new is 'thinking' about coming along for a ride for the first time, please come and join us, i'm sure you'll have a good time, we are friendly bunch, and don't worry about being too slow or not being able to keep up.
We don't rush off and leave anyone behind, not lost anyone yet!!
Come along and see what it's all about, all welcome where-ever you live!!

Cheers
martin :ukm:

Sunshine Guaranteed

No need to worry about being the slowest. I'm coming so that will be me at the back - or the middle holding everyone up!!

scrapps
20-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Liz is poping over for my BBq (not defecting to the dark side) but as Albie said your all welcome.
I am poping over your way the next weekend to collect my latest addition to a ever growing pile of bikes. I will be looking to stop off for a cuppa before heading back to kent so maybe if your out and about I will see some of you guys and girls.

Rally
20-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Liz is poping over for my BBq (not defecting to the dark side) but as Albie said your all welcome.
I am poping over your way the next weekend to collect my latest addition to a ever growing pile of bikes. I will be looking to stop off for a cuppa before heading back to kent so maybe if your out and about I will see some of you guys and girls.

Scrapps,
I don't know where your heading in this direction to collect your bike, but if it is near Devizes, your more than welcome here for a drink. (Saturday and Monday only as off to Mrs C's BBQ on the Sunday.)

scrapps
20-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Cheers Rally the bike is in Bristol so driving across from kent then riding it home. my good lady is driving my car home for me.:hail:
Not sure if going saturday or sunday yet. looking forward to getting it home and sorting ready for the rest of the summer.just need to make room in the garage(how the hell did I end up with 3 bikes?) will prob sell my gorgeous 750ss :Furious:

uksurfer
20-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Cheers Rally the bike is in Bristol so driving across from kent then riding it home. my good lady is driving my car home for me.:hail:
Not sure if going saturday or sunday yet. looking forward to getting it home and sorting ready for the rest of the summer.just need to make room in the garage(how the hell did I end up with 3 bikes?) will prob sell my gorgeous 750ss :Furious:

I think that sunday would be good, then you can both drop into Farnborough to the BBQ, i'm sure MrsC won't mind, plus we can have a look at your m/s.......

Albie
20-05-2010, 08:40 PM

Nowt wrong with 3 bikes. I think I will be ending up with 3 soon, I have some regrets selling the 748. Maybe a 916 this time or a hyper. Nothing sensible like a Multi.

Im working the bank holiday weekend other than the Monday. Carolines running the Run for Life with my daughters on the Sunday so we wont be able to make the BBQ

singletrack
20-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Nowt wrong with 3 bikes. I think I will be ending up with 3 soon, I have some regrets selling the 748. Maybe a 916 this time or a hyper. Nothing sensible like a Multi.

Im working the bank holiday weekend other than the Monday. Carolines running the Run for Life with my daughters on the Sunday so we wont be able to make the BBQ

Go Hyper Albie :D

Liz
21-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Maybe we could let you have a day pass out the area, might have to take a vote on it Sunday....... :spin:

Giving out passes? If Liz wants to go then let her go with her new 'Kentie' mates.

After all we said the other evening about the 'Hardcore Hampsters'.

Oh well proven wrong again

Cheers
Stuart

I'll be there next weekend don't worry!!!

MrsC_772
21-05-2010, 06:23 PM
So have you bought that black and white old-style multistrada, then Scrapps?

I've just placed a large meat order for delivery next Friday, so I'm sure we can spare a sausage or 2 if you need to refuel on the way back from Bristol.

chris yeatman
21-05-2010, 07:53 PM
so, breakfast meet,on sunday
who's going?

uksurfer
21-05-2010, 07:54 PM
who's going?

uksurfer
chris yeatman

Albie
21-05-2010, 08:02 PM
So have you bought that black and white old-style multistrada, then Scrapps?

I've just placed a large meat order for delivery next Friday, so I'm sure we can spare a sausage or 2 if you need to refuel on the way back from Bristol.

Silver one with grey I believe. Looks good in the pics he sent me.

granite785
22-05-2010, 08:11 AM
who's going?

uksurfer
chris yeatman
Grant

Will be good to catch up with everyone

Stuart42
22-05-2010, 11:37 AM
uksurfer
chris yeatman
Grant
Stuart all being well.

3 bikes? Pah!

uksurfer
22-05-2010, 02:03 PM
breakfast meet,on sunday, 10 am at White Hart Stockbridge http://www.fullershotels.com/rte.asp?id=119
who's going?

uksurfer
chris yeatman
Grant
Stuart
Gutsy
Mr. Freemarket
Tcar153
Mrs'C + Andy - dependant on weather
Bammers - dependant on his Mrs :mand:

I think thats about the lot.......
anyone else?
10 possible, not heard from Rich yet

Rally
22-05-2010, 03:50 PM
breakfast meet,on sunday, 10 am at White Hart Stockbridge http://www.fullershotels.com/rte.asp?id=119
who's going?

uksurfer
chris yeatman
Grant
Stuart
Gutsy
Mr. Freemarket
Tcar153
Bammers - dependant on his Mrs

I think thats about the lot.......
anyone else?

Martin, Where are you likely to be at midday, if I dry out by then? Are you out for the day or just the morning?

uksurfer
22-05-2010, 03:53 PM
who's going?

uksurfer
chris yeatman
Grant
Stuart
Gutsy
Mr. Freemarket
Tcar153
Bammers - dependant on his Mrs

Martin, Where are you likely to be at midday, if I dry out by then? Are you out for the day or just the morning?
Hi Rally, at midday we will probably be leaving Mudeford and on our way through the forest somewhere, might even stop at the lake and have an ice cream....

MrsC_772
22-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Ice cream stop (whether Mudeford Quay or elsewhere) would defintely be welcome given the forecast for tomorrow.

I'll need to be back in Farnborough at about 4.30 as have invited my sister round for a barbecue (being a London flat-dweller she's deprived of such pleasures at home).

Don't think Andy will be coming for tomorrow's ride out - he doesn't fancy a high mileage day (and it means he can get the fire on in time for dinner to be ready when I get back!)

uksurfer
22-05-2010, 07:55 PM
thats fine, ice creams at Hatchet pond will be nice!!

chris yeatman
23-05-2010, 06:16 AM
and the weather for today is............................................SUN, SUN, SUN, SUN.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/chrisyeatman/sun/images1.jpg

rich
23-05-2010, 02:45 PM
You were right chris very sunny..

Nice day chaps thanks for the invite
see you next time
rich

chris yeatman
23-05-2010, 04:43 PM
great day,
great weather,
great fellow ukmoc urs,

cheers all.

meet up at stockbridge

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/chrisyeatman/ukmoc%20meets/003-1.jpg

then brekke/ lunch, at mudeford
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/chrisyeatman/ukmoc%20meets/004-1.jpg

BUGG3R, will get these pic up on view soon

Stuart42
23-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi all

good to meet up today, especially good to see some new faces.

Thanks for the comments on my bike. With the oil light problem decded to stop and swap to car for work.

Shame I had to dash off.

Hope to see you all soon

Cheers
Stuart

Albie
23-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Glad you had a great day guys. Seems to me you did not miss your Hampster in kent. Well all I can say is she missed you lot. Never stopped talking about you all saying she wanted to go back home.

We all got roasted today and had a good bbq birthday.

uksurfer
23-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Really good to see everyone turning up today, really enjoyed the ride, shame the traffic was busy, but at least the ice creams were cold, i know one of our Hampsters was missing, but shes been spotted in Kent, and will be back soon..... :mand:

Meet at Stockbridge:

Mrs C, chris, gutsy, Mr Freemarket (first timer), Rich, Tcar (all the way from Crawley!), Grant, Barbican (brief hello and then was off again), Bammers, uksurfer

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/DSC00689.jpg

Then a ride down to Mudeford for some food and drink!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/DSC00690.jpg

Then we lined up all the bikes for some photos!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/DSC00694.jpg

then we saw this person, he was on the naughty bike at The Mill, and he arrived on a yellow single sided monster....
(sneaky pic, not giving too much away here!)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/DSC00693.jpg

Then a little ride up through the forest, stopping at Hatchett Pond for an ice cream, then off to the services, said our good byes and home!
Hope you all got home safe, and hope to see you all soon :spin:
martin

MrsC_772
23-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Another good day out with the Hampsters.

Good to see a few new faces.

Thanks to Martin for route planning and organising (and ensuring we got an ice cream stop).

Was very glad of the sea breeze down at Mudeford.

Here's hoping the weather will be the same next Sunday for my barbecue.

Mr Free Market
23-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Just adding to the comments above … an absolutely top day & thank you to everyone for having this Wandering Wiltshireman along. Eight monsters certainly raised the general tone at Mudeford Quay

The only downside to the day was once I got home, the hour & a half spent scraping dead flies off bike / leathers / helmet

P.S. & yes Liz, you really did miss out! :chuckle: