PDA

View Full Version : Bladder transplant

Bigxr
13-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm chuffed! at last i've got rid of my bladder! It was a relatively painless operation but now things sound much better!
I managed to get a Marving direct from Italy for a paltry 130 euros plus 35 euros postage.

I've just finished the installation and been for a quick blast to check for leaks, but everything looks A OK. Now it looks like a Duc, rides like a Duc and sounds like a Duc.

The sound is absolutely brilliant. Exactly as I hoped, not too loud so I attract the plod, but loud enough to turn heads, quite bass-ey with a nice rasping over-run mmmmmm.

The short blast tonight shows that the carburetion seems unnaffected, but you do lose a smidgin of mid range. I think thats an irrelevant price to pay and not something thats all that noticeable anyway. There's sooo much torque in these things that losing a smidgin is just not an issue.

It looks great too, even more lean and mean without a bloomin' great haggis dangling from the belly.

Anyone have a similar experience? what should I do next?

I'm a happy chappy. :mand::mand:

Capo
13-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Core your cans, cut the top off your airbox and fit a power commander.

Bigxr
14-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I've read that carving the top off the airbox can be a bad move? I already have a K&N hi flow filter.
As for the noise, I have to drive up to the house quietly as it is, not because of the neighbours, they're fine, but its to stop Mrs Bigxr noticing that I've spent some loot on the "mistress in the garage"!
I've also read that coring the cans can be as tricky as abdominal keyhole surgery.
A PC3 is deffo on my shopping list though (when I can afford it).
I'd like to have it before i go to the 'ring in July.
It'd be nice to have some thoughts on the effect of some of these mods, noisier? faster? more grunt? more top end? smoother? etc.
Can any Power Commander be programmed for the S2r? (if you had the leads)

Capo
14-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Cutting the airbox top off will improve power slightly and increase induction noise.
Coring the cans is an easy job, there is a pictorial post on here somewhere, all you will gain from this is more noise.

There should be PC maps availble for the S2R, uploaded via a USB lead and a free program from Dynojet. It can also be adjusted by buttons on the unit itself.

I am however given to understand that there are problems with the PC3 when used on the S2R 1000 arising from the O2 circuit, some people have beeen able to fix it others not.

slob
14-05-2010, 01:12 PM
...and increase induction noise.

you're not kidding, I have just had my ECU tweaked for DB killers, since I'm doing a low noise trackday this Sunday. Riding home last night was quite amusing, everyone and everything pulls/steps out on you in London without loud pipes, and the sucking roar from the airbox is awesome when it's all you can hear.