PDA

View Full Version : Is this news?

neilbaldry
11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
From Visordown:

NEWSFLASH: Casey Stoner has signed to race for Repsol Honda MotoGP in 2011 - that's the latest from trusted Italian media source SportsMediaSet.it

The Australian is reported to have been lured away by Ducati MotoGP's former manager, Livio Suppo, following months of speculation as to whether Stoner would stop with Ducati.

It's believed Stoner fell out of favour with Ducati bosses over last year's 'mystery illness' which arguably cost the Italian team the 2009 MotoGP title.

It's also alleged the 2007 MotoGP World Champion also became disillusioned with the team after Ducati attempted to poach Jorge Lorenzo from Fiat Yamaha, offering the Spaniard almost double Stoner's reported salary.

Reports also say Ducati have put a two-year deal on the table for Valentino Rossi. The multiple World Champion has until June to decide on whether he wants the offer.

Nothing official, we know but the original source is a trusted one.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/unofficial-stoner-signs-for-repsol-honda/11425.html#ixzz0neBK2rBZ

dam
11-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah, just read that - seems an odd time to be doing deals :dizzy:

neilbaldry
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Indeed, I remember MCN talking up aload of this at the end of last season. With the return of the 1000's (Or 990, or whatever they will be) Is this a good move?

LouSCannon
11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Oooooooooo interesting stuff, Hayden showed that the bike appears to be getting a little friendlier to handle, so perhaps Stoner isn't as crucial to team Ducati as he once was?!

neilbaldry
11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
To a certain extent, I dont care who rides for Ducati, just aslong as FIAT Yamaha arent finishing 1-2 all the time!

Pedro
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Heard a rumour today that Fiat have offered sponship to a certain Mr V Rossi to ride a Ducati....

Mmm, Italian car sponsors Italian manufacturer with the Italian master of bike racing... dream team or what if your Italian!

Rally
12-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Heard a rumour today that Fiat have offered sponship to a certain Mr V Rossi to ride a Ducati....

Mmm, Italian car sponsors Italian manufacturer with the Italian master of bike racing... dream team or what if your Italian!

Lets not also forget who's F1 car he was driving and thinking of going too, Farrari. And who owns them, FIAT. Talk of Italian through and through. It sounds good to me.

Pomp1
12-05-2010, 07:51 AM

You should see the forums in Italy..never seen them that busy..

neilbaldry
12-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Does that mean they would stop sponsoring Yamaha?

Plum
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Well i dont think he will be any better on the Honda. That said i dont think Ducati have gotten the engine right this year as the Honda seems to have more top end which i guess makes up on the straights. I think they should go back to last years motor as at least it worked and Stoner is in better health this year.

Still what do i know!

neilbaldry
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Could Stoner be on last years engine, and Hayden on this years?

- Problem solved!

neilbaldry
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
More rumours from Visordown.com:

VALENTINO ROSSI has said he is "not 100% sure" he will stay with Yamaha MotoGP in 2011 - giving his biggest hint yet that he may go to Ducati.

The Italian is recuperating from a badly broken right leg, following his crash in practice at Mugello circuit, Italy.

"I am not 100% sure if I will stay with Yamaha - it depends on what happens next year," said the nine-time world champion.

"I could change bike, ride for Ducati and try to win the world championship with an Italian bike. That would be a great motivation."

Indeed it would. And with Casey Stoner allegedly moving to Repsol Honda in 2011 there's a red-hot seat just waiting for a certain Italian backside to grace it.