PDA

View Full Version : Are we meeting tomorrow ??

Albie
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Im up for a meet up if the weathers better than today. A short meet is fine else a better suggestion. I well may just take the ss600 as the monsters still dirty and have had no time to clean as yet. No time today a wedding to go to.

If you fancy it let me know. I may well go out by myself if not.

gary tompkins
08-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Albie,

I'm up for a local cafe meet. Just fitted a new front tyre & brake pads, and need to put in a few miles to bed them in. Alan mentioned possibility of going to Nells again while at the weekender.

alan c
08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Nells ok for me :thumbsup: 10 am ?

J.P
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Still not sure yet. Nell's is good and I may see you there.

Gadget
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
No can do again.
Once this democratic thing has settled down I may get some time to myself.

BigOz
08-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi,

Weather permitting I'll be there, if it looks nasty outside the racing will be too tempting.

Andy

slob
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
will you still be there 11ish guys?

J.P
08-05-2010, 08:10 PM
yes we will be

slob
08-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Hope to see you there then...

ryanhorton1973
09-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Sorry but won't be able to make this one as confined to the sofa / bed after buggering up my back yesterday. Have a nice brekkie / brunch !

Albie
09-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Excuse me for not turning up. I was feeling unwell this morning and didnt dare leave the house.

J.P
09-05-2010, 12:45 PM
No worries, catch you soon.

Attendee's
J.P
Humbucker
Big Oz
Alan C
Gary T
Slob
Stuart
Thuli
Thuli's Sister

StuartJames
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
No worries, catch you soon.

Attendee's
J.P
Humbucker
Big Oz
Alan C
Gary T
Slob
Stuart
Thuli
Thuli's Sister

Even with a Monster hangover, it was good to see the Kent crew, and a good idea to mix up the meet locations. Hopefully a few more from London at the next one!

Big Oz, let me know when you're out next, would be great to see how much difference your suspension mods have made over the standard bike.

BigOz
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi,

Good to see everyone,

I've managed to have an off on the way home, not quite sure exactly what happend but turning right one second all is well the next I'm lying on the deck. I had a look about, it was wet but no rainbow of oil or diesel a few minor road imperfections but I don't think I ran over them. I think it may have been me riding beyond my abilities and loosing it.

I'm OK, my ribs on the left hurt and the muscles around the left shoulder ache othewise no obvious problems.

The bike is not so bad either the bike seems to have slid on the frame sliders, fork sliders, bar end and unfortunately footpeg which is non-folding and had worn away quite a lot. The foot peg was also bent back a bit, it had moved on the mouting rubbers and remouting it and a little manual persuasion seems to have it straight.

Apart from the above and the mirror which has also broken off. I can't see any damage which is a relielf.

Andy

Shuffy
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh that's bad news Andy. Doesn't sound like there's too much damage (good old frame sliders eh?), but the important thing is you're OK. It happens to the best of us - I speak from bitter experience! Hope you feel better soon.

gary tompkins
09-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear about prang Oz - roads were a bit slippy today

Can you get spares for the pegs?

J.P
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Jeez, sorry to hear that Andy. Hope the bruises aren't too bad and the rest of the stuff is just metal and can be replaced... :(

uksurfer
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
hope your ok, and soon back in the saddle

BigOz
09-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks everyone, I seem to be fine it only hurts when I move.

Can you get spares for the pegs?

Yeah Metaltech sell all the parts as spares, the bugbear is they only accept bank transfers and the shipping is pricey.
They have been really good, when I needed a couple euros worth of parts and said the shipping and bank transfer were prohibitive so, no thanks, then they turned up free of charge!

Spares Shack now carry them so I will try them on Monday if they don't carry the spares I'll go to Metaltech direct.

Andy

BigOz
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry but won't be able to make this one as confined to the sofa / bed after buggering up my back yesterday. Have a nice brekkie / brunch !

Sorry to hear that, I've hurt my back before lifting stuff at work, what I've found is even when it feels better continue to take it easy for at least as long as it took to stop hurting, I just seem to damage it again immediately if I don't give it that extra time to recover.

Andy

ryanhorton1973
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Andy.Feeling better this evening after taking loads of ibuprofen and using deep heat. Guessing it is just a tweeked muscle or two! Sorry to here about your off. Hope you are ok and that the bike is not too badly bent.

Albie
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Andy. Glad your pretty ok other than a bit pi55ed off and bike dont seem too bad.

Humbucker
09-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Andy, glad you ok and the bikes not too badly damaged. It did get a bit wet for me on way home too

scrapps
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear/read about BigOz off and peoples illnesses.But still a good turn out.
I did not make it as I was driving across to bristol to look at a bike. I must be mad getting up at 5am and doing a 400mile round trip to look at a bike:eyepopping:on a sunday !
Still I hope it will be worth it and I have bagged a bargain and not just put a deposit on a money pit.

J.P
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Wow, what have you gone and bought now ?

scrapps
10-05-2010, 10:28 AM
A Multistrada. so Heather and myself can do a few trips in comfort.

BigOz
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi,

Thanks everyone, still no bruising, I'm actually disappointed because it hurts but nothing to show for it.

I've started ordering parts looks like the only bits I need from Ducati are L/H mirror and bar ends!

J.P
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Well I hope your confidence hasn't been too damaged either. I know you were still building up your confidence so something like this can always knock you back a bit.

Before you go blowing too much money on replacements for the bike, consider spending a bit of that money on some instruction....to give you some pointers, which will help with confidence and technique. It really is worth it mate.

BigOz
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I intend to take you advice on the training but I feel the need to get it roughly back how it was but the scuffed Pazzo lever for example is staying scuffed I'll replace it when I feel richer. I might use a little metal blacking to make it a little less obvious though.

Andy

StuartJames
11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I intend to take you advice on the training but I feel the need to get it roughly back how it was but the scuffed Pazzo lever for example is staying scuffed I'll replace it when I feel richer. I might use a little metal blacking to make it a little less obvious though.

Andy

Get better soon mate. You're a big guy, I hope the road is ok :)

A work friend of mine (and yours), Mike Donovan from Millennium Global says hi! Small world!!

gary tompkins
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Who were the two new guys at the cafe on sunday?

Alan C didn't do any formal introductions - tut tut :rolleyes:

J.P
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I'f you mean the one with the scraggly beard, that was Slob....

But the others were StuartJames sitting with Slob, and Humbucker, sitting next to Alan, who used to have a 695 and went to Italy with me.

gary tompkins
11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks J.P.