PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Fork Springs?

grayVTWIN
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
I have just taken my recomissioned '94 M900 for its first decent run .. about 700 miles up the West Coast of Scotland and back .. went superbly but the firm front end was even harsher than I can recall on my previous Ducatis ... fine on smooth tarmac but like a pneumatic drill on the ripples and bumps of most B roads round here.

SO .. anyone tried Hagon progressive springs and have thoughts on what differnce they make?

Thanks. Mike

steve wright
04-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm hoping to fit some this weekend so will let you know. I find that the original springs are too soft and the bike pitches too much when i get a lick on. Rear spring needs stiffening too. However I feel that the compression damping is the real cause of your problem. It seems to go suddenly from very soft to hydraulic lock on sharp bumps! Once the springs are in I'll try different oil weights and air gaps to improve on this.

jerry
04-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I have had dissapointing results with Hyperpro progressive springs on my S4 ,they were causing hydraulic lock at high speeds and nearly killed me and went back to Ducati OEM.... but on my M750 Ohlins progressive springs have been great so I am unsure about them.may try the hypepro springs again in the S4 but with other modifications first.