PDA

View Full Version : Home from the 2010 Weekender

LouSCannon
03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
So I'm home in one piece (No thanks to a woman in a blue Ka who didn't believe in indicators or mirrors and almost killed me near Stafford services), albeit a little cold, unpacked and showered.

Hope everyone makes it home trouble free, was great catching up with everyone, really had a great time!

Downloaded all the pictures (172 decent ones), got the next few days off work so will make a start on tweaking and uploading to the web, will be as quick as I can but it will take me a good few hours to get through them.

Thanks to all the mods and organisers this year, looking forward to 2011!!

Jim

J.P
03-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm Home. Great weekender.

chris yeatman
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
im home, cheers to all, what a great weekender,looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Julie
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
We are home and safe - managed to get the triumph going. Thank you to everyone who voted for the little cub. The trophy is lovely and in pride of place in my lounge.

Great weekender as ever. Good to meet some new faces.

Thank you to Slob and Tulie (spelling sorry) you put in so much effort and time. The quiz - the organizing and the trophies to mention just a few. Thank you x

Julie and Ruth

alan c
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Home at 2o/c dry but cold.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend :drunk:

see you soon :thumbsup:

slob
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Just got in, said bye to Nonnie at Brackley & to the Belgians at the Ace Cafe.
Narrowly missed by blind bitch in white Fiat Panda on A406.
Incredibly lucky with the weather, narrowly missed getting rained on 4 times between Aylesbury and home.

MrsC_772
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Got back safely - had a really good ride.

Made it up Fish Hill without style or finesse but also without any "oh-god-I'm-gonna-die" knot-in-stomach heading for the wrong side of the road moments. Actually remembered to look up the hill and keep pushing down on the bars, and it just seemed to work!

Only a couple of spots of rain over Henley - my magic waterproofs once again did the trick in stopping us getting wet!

Huge thanks to Albie, Slob, Thuli, JP and anyone else involved in organising the trip, quiz, t-shirts, assorted rides out etc. Special thanks to Martin for getting Arrow Mill to put some food aside for us when we didn't make it to the hog roast yesterday. :hail:

Andy (apart from yesterday's little NHS excursion) also had a good weekend and commented on how welcoming everyone was (especially to someone whose bike belonged in the naughty corner).

Looking forward to next year! :woot:

Nonnie
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I too am home. Very wet and cold.

Yes slob, I said goodbye at Brackley, went to Buckingham, got lost, stopped at a petrol station and texted Grumpy for directions, heard a rumble, looked up and you and the Belgians went past! ha ha! That made me laugh, I found a lovely road to Buckingham when we parted company.

Thank you to the gents who helped me pitch my tent, unpitch my tent, pack my sleeping bag back in the bag! and to all those I had fun with.

I have learned many things this weekend..

1. I do not enjoy Fish Hill and what's more, Fish Hill does not enjoy me.
2. Tartan pyjamas and bike boots are, apparently, quite a good look.
3. Belgian people have bricks in their stomach.
4. I can find my way home.

Well, I had lots of fun, not much sleep, too much cider, not enough clean clothes, but more importantly, a waterproof tent.

Thank you to Caroline for posting my tent back to me. Much appreciated.

Thank you all for making it a lot of fun. See my other thread for the results of the Forum Awards

xx

Rally
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Liz and I made it home safely and had a great ride with Deano from Stow onwards. Thanks for the drink Dean, it was much needed. The bike perked up a bit for a while but it's still not quite right, so work in progress there.

A big thanks to all the organisers of the Weekender, Albie, Slob etc, JB for the "breakdown parking" and Jim for the photography. I had a great time and look forward to next year. It was great to put some faces (and real names) to the forum names.

Julie
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Thank you to the gents who helped me pitch my tent, unpitch my tent, pack my sleeping bag back in the bag! and to all those I had fun with.

I have learned many things this weekend..

1. I do not enjoy Fish Hill and what's more, Fish Hill does not enjoy me.
2. Tartan pyjamas and bike boots are, apparently, quite a good look.
3. Belgian people have bricks in their stomach.
4. I can find my way home.

xx

and..... Its hard to meet nice lesbians these days....

Rally
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM

All I can say Julie is that I met two good ones this weekend and they had a great sense of humour!

SazzaG
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
We had a great ride home yesterday, managing to dodge the showers. Great to meet a few old friends, and make a few new ones as well.

Thanks to everyone who did organising stuff, and thanks to everyone else for making it a great weekend! I'm sure we'll be back next year to maintain our quiz record (1st, 2nd, 1st...)

Rog & Saz

Nonnie
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM

jooooooo-Leeeeeeeeeee

SazzaG
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Ooohhhh, Jooooooooooooollllleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

ryanhorton1973
03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks to everyone involved in the behind the scenes organisation of a weekend like this as I know how much time/effort must have been involved. We had a great weekend with great company and loads of nice bikes to look at. As it is the last big event that I will be attending in this country on the monster then I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.
Thanks once again to all involved (my ears are still ringing from following the Belgians on the way up to the Mill with there loud pipes !)

uksurfer
03-05-2010, 06:31 PM
got home earlier safe and sound, loved the weekender and really enjoyed the rides out and activities, my thanks goes to J.P. who managed to successfully lead us around everywhere, top job that man, who i think had put alot of thought and effort into the routes and roads we rode :ukm:

bigredduke
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Well I am absolutely EXHAUSTED from the long rides this weekend. I'm sure it will be quite some time before I venture out on the Monster again. I haven't worked out exactly how many miles I put in but I'm sure it must be an awful lot. In fact, I'm sure it must need it's next service very, very soon.

buzzbomb
03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks to all of you guys that organised the weekender and I must add that it was great to meet you all.

We arrived home last night about 22.00pm after agood run home except for two car loads of muppets in two hot hatches who came on the M6 at J18 and drove strait into the fast lane from the on ramp right into my path,and I'm getting abit of a move on, blimey the mercs got good brakes.

See you all at WDW, Belgiun or next year at the mill.

cheers...Geoff.

Stuart42
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi all

thanks for a good weekend.

Good to meet you all again and have just come in from the garage after spending the afternoon getting ready for WDW, especially as only four weeks to go, OMG!!!!

See you all soon

Cheers
Stuart

scrapps
03-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Home safe but chilly. rode through sun,rain and hail you have to love the english summer !
Big thanks to all who helped with the planning and running of the weekend.:thumbsup:

Liz
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Liz and I made it home safely and had a great ride with Deano from Stow onwards. Thanks for the drink Dean, it was much needed. The bike perked up a bit for a while but it's still not quite right, so work in progress there.

A big thanks to all the organisers of the Weekender, Albie, Slob etc, JB for the "breakdown parking" and Jim for the photography. I had a great time and look forward to next year. It was great to put some faces (and real names) to the forum names.

And thanks Rally for 'chauffering' me about for the most of the weekend after the 800 went wrong again and was collected by 'my man with a van' (thanks to Carole Nash!!) and eventually delivered to my mum's garage! Went round earlier and it still has the same problem - thank goodness for 25 witnesses!!!

I had the most 'awesome' weekend! Thanks to all for the 'abuse' and p**s taking of me for the entire weekend - I love you too!!!!!!! I'll definately be there next year and looking forward to Belgium!

Whose idea, at breakfast this morning, was it to post up a 'Where's Liz's bike' on a map, like 'Where's Wally'? Martin/Stuart? One of you!

Great to meet you all and thanks for all the organisation that went into the weekend, very much appreciated! :biggrin:

Oh, picked up the M600 from home to give it a bit of a blast and rode out to Devizes with Rally on his way home - he couldn't keep up, LOL!!!!

MOB_Sven
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks to everyone involved in the behind the scenes organisation of a weekend like this as I know how much time/effort must have been involved. We had a great weekend with great company and loads of nice bikes to look at. As it is the last big event that I will be attending in this country on the monster then I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.
Thanks once again to all involved (my ears are still ringing from following the Belgians on the way up to the Mill with there loud pipes !)

So that's the way we ride here... Last week we did a tunnel (Rabit hole) under the "Schelde" with 26 Monsters.... without DB killers.... Above us the seawater was like sparkling water... :)

MOB_Sven
03-05-2010, 07:45 PM
We've had some showers in Belgium but arrived without any problems. Thank's all for the great weekender!!!

Pomp1
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Got home around 5, thanks to all involved! I'm exhausted now, must rest and stay sober for a few days..

Rally
03-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh, picked up the M600 from home to give it a bit of a blast and rode out to Devizes with Rally on his way home - he couldn't keep up, LOL!!!!

It was missing on one cylinder Liz and I still had luggage on board! That means I only had a 500cc. You rode very well I would admit, but you would not stand a chance when on a bike that is running properly. :mand:

Liz
03-05-2010, 09:49 PM
It was missing on one cylinder Liz and I still had luggage on board! That means I only had a 500cc. You rode very well I would admit, but you would not stand a chance when on a bike that is running properly. :mand:

No, I don't think I would, but at least for today, I beat an S4R!!!! So, that goes down in my book with the unforgettable 'overtaking of Chris' on his M750! :woot:

Shuffy
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Well I've just about dried out from yesterday's 3 hour soaking back from the Weekender. Due to nappy changing and bottle duties (that's for my 12 week old son rather than me) I had to leave early, but can I say a very big thank you to everyone who made the Weekender so much fun. I had a absolute ball, and it was really nice to put so many faces to names. Special thanks go to Slob and Thuli for the quiz and a host of other organising, UKSurfer (Martin) for sorting out some food for me (I do like a nice meal), Gary T for leading us up to the pub on Friday, Nonnie for the prize giving (shame I wasn't there!) and Alan C and J.P for a great ride out and visit on Saturday. Oh and eveyone who just made it such a great weekend.

And if you met me for the first time this weekend.... er, sorry!

chris yeatman
04-05-2010, 06:15 AM
No, I don't think I would, but at least for today, I beat an S4R!!!! So, that goes down in my book with the unforgettable 'overtaking of Chris' on his M750! :woot:

u wont beat my s4r!!!!!!!

scrapps
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Liz could cut across the corners to save time as I hear you take a very wide line Chris ?

Pomp1
04-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Liz could cut across the corners to save time as I hear you take a very wide waistline Chris ?
edited for clarity:chuckle::chuckle:

Jan (Belgium)
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Back home in one piece, including frozen fingers.
Thanks to everyone who did his part in the organisation,
Special thanks to slob for that extremely nice route on the way back home, I realy enjoyed it.

Had one shower in the last 30k.
See some of you @ the WDW others @ the "Monsterdag" in september and all the rest next year @ Arrow mill.

Cheers :)

slob
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
see you in twelve days!

gary tompkins
04-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Fantastic weekend

Thanks to everyone that worked hard behind the scenes to organise stuff. The trophies were superb Slob & the quiz very well thought out. We were very lucky with the weather despite a pessimistic forecast, and only caught a few spots of rain on the way home. Bloody cold run though - my fingers were frozen when I got home.

Well done for leading most of the rides JP - not an easy task

A big thanks to all at Arrow Mill for looking after us so well again :hail:

Here's looking forward to 2011