PDA

View Full Version : 944 big bore kit.

Saint aka ML
29-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Guys

After recent bottom end failure I have no more need for the big bore kit that is fitted to that bike. I have managed to get a 900ss ie engine that I will fit instead with some mods.

Would anyone be interested and can some one let me know what it is worth? It is genuine ducati item. It has done with me 4k miles and aparently with previous owner about 2k miles (can not confirm). A compression check about 800 to 1k miles ago shown 160 psi vertical and 148 PSI horizontal cylinder.
It is the bore kit for carbed ss or monster with external oil lines.

It is still on my engine that as said has bottom end failure however bike is still iddling so nothing should be damaged at the cylinder/piston area.

adam15
30-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Can't tell you how much it is worth as there are not really any around to compared with now.

I would be interested in them though if all ok when removed.....oh and the price is right of course :D

Any idea what you would what for them?

Saint aka ML
30-04-2010, 04:44 PM
My price is about £300 (about or negotiable read as you want ;D )

I can part exchange for some bling (depending what) and/or services like powder coating and/or painting if any of you are in that trade.

Any one interested?

Bling I am interested in would be:

Black rethal bars with risers
or
Black rizoma bar with risers (if price right as do not fancy to pay over 100 gbp for a bar)
or
any other good light black bar with rizers.

Bar end indicators in black with prefferably yellow lens

New style stand

comfort seat that will fit older frame

Saint aka ML
07-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Apparently pistons are also high-comp? Have a look at photos.

mholc123
08-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I have pm'd you

Pomp1
08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
yes, pistons look like hi-comp