PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 600 Starter Motor

adam15
21-04-2010, 08:13 AM
After actually having some time and getting the bike all ready and on the road for the summer, went to go out last night and got a click from the starter relay but no turn over on the press of the button. I have experience this about 2 years ago so knew what the issue could be pretty much straight away.
Bike runs fine as I bumped it.
Does anyone know the Make/Model of the starter motor on a Ducati M600 1994? And if there is anywhere that does replacement/parts for them that would be cheaper than Ducati?

Thanks in advance

analogue_rogue
21-04-2010, 11:29 AM
sure its not the battery? it would still run bumped with a flat battery as the alternator would charge the battery enough to create the circuit powerfuly enough for the spark..... i would test battery first before spending out on a starter..... ?

adam15
21-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I am going to check that tonight but it was running fine at the weekend, after just ringing Ducati I want it to be anything but the starter motor as thats £311.60 :(

Pomp1
21-04-2010, 12:21 PM
check the solenoid (shorten it) and the cables that runs from the starter button to it.If you then find out is the starter, may be just worn brushes, Ducati does a replacement kit for about a tenner. If is the outer case, I have one (a bit tatty but working)

adam15
21-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Ok, thanks

Plan is to narrow it down tonight, don't want to be without a bike for long in this weather

analogue_rogue
21-04-2010, 04:37 PM
you can take starters into lucas (now bosch) and they refurb them for you....