PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 11th April - Blackburn/Lancashire Ride Out

Wildman
07-04-2010, 01:46 PM
On Sunday the 11th April 2010, Philip Youles will be hosting his annual BIG RIDE OUT. As in previous years the ride will leave Pendle Street at 9.oo a.m. prompt. However we will lead anyone that wants to come from our Manchester shop to Blackburn leaving Manchester at 8.00 a.m. Peter will be leading this. The run is sign posted and leaves Blackburn heading out towards Clitheroe along the A59 then heading out towards Waddington then over Waddy Fell and onto Newton. Turning left in Newton village towards Dunsop Bridge. Once in Dunsop Bridge, turn right, sign posted Trough of Bowland. We follow the road through the Trough to Caton, turning right along the A683. We will stop at Bull Beck picnic area for a comfort break. Leaving the lay-by look for the B6480 towards Wray and Bentham. At Higher Bentham turn right along Station Road, this takes you over Tatham Fell and drops you down into Slaidburn, from Slaidburn turn right at the War Memorial and immediate left, follow the road to Newton and return back to Pendle Street.

We will lay on a large quantity of Corned Beef Hash at the showrooms and everyone is welcome.

The ride has been chosen as there are suprisingly few turninings for such a long ride and as it will be sign posted you can go at a pace that you are comfortable with.

ALL ARE WELCOME, ANY MAKE, ANY MODEL, ANYONE.

JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY, WE LEAVE PENDLE STREET AT 9.00A.M. PROMPT AND WILL BE LEAVING MANCHESTER AT 8.00 A.M. PROMPT.

http://www.youlesmotorcycles.com/

J_Dub
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I was thinking of going up to Devils Bridge this weekend and then up towards Penrith and Carlise on the A6. I might do this instead.

BluprintZ
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Start of the Moto GP season this weekend, so i won't be able to attend this one.

http://www.motogp.com/

G ; ) :yoparty:

J_Dub
08-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Start of the Moto GP season this weekend, so i won't be able to attend this one.

http://www.motogp.com/

G ; ) :yoparty:

Ah!, yes, but good forecast and sky plus!

BluprintZ
08-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Ah!, yes, but good forecast and sky plus!

Ah yes, but i'm in Wales (where it's always raining) and i ain't got sky+ :hissy:
Have a good day John if you do go for a spin mate.

G ; )

Wildman
09-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Anyone coming to this? My local mates aren't bothering so unless someone else fancies going I'll sack it off

LouSCannon
09-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry chap, been away from home most of the week so won't be coming out to play this weekend, **** loads to do at home.

See you next week at Rivvy barn! You going to work out a nice route for us to Ducati Preston?

J_Dub
09-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm going on the Youle rideout, and my lad Karl too. :)

J_Dub
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Didn't make it because I overslept. Went to Devils Bridge instead.

Wildman
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Ha ha, I actually missed it too and went to Devils Bridge. I was gone by 10:45am though. Didn't see any other monsters

J_Dub
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I didn't get there until about 1:30 PM, saw one other monster a white 696.

Wildman
12-04-2010, 04:28 PM
There were loads of nice 1098s and 848s earlier in the morning and a couple of steetfighters which was cool. The most amount of Ducatis I'd seen. I was beggining to think they weren't liked.