PDA

View Full Version : 12V socket on Monster 1100

gbrown
30-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Is there a 12V socket on the 2009 Monster 1100? Or do I need to get one fitted?

Need somewhere to plug in battery conditioner over winter.

Thanks,

Geoff

Capo
30-03-2010, 11:19 AM
If you get an Optimate, it will come with a lead which you attach to the battery and has a socket into which you plug the charger.

Jan (Belgium)
30-03-2010, 12:47 PM
There is a connection under your seat (where the toolbox is stored) wich you can use to recharge the battery.
Unfortunately it's not the same connection as an optimate.
Ducati have their own chargers, 60 € if I'm not mistaken

Thirdway
30-03-2010, 03:40 PM
There is a connection under your seat (where the toolbox is stored) wich you can use to recharge the battery.
Unfortunately it's not the same connection as an optimate.
Ducati have their own chargers, 60 € if I'm not mistaken

Are you sure about that ? I asked my dealer before having the lead for the Optimate fitted to the battery and he told me there has never been a lead on the bike even though it is mentioned in the owners manual. Thought the plug under the seat was for the optional alarm ?

Redkite
30-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Not on mine there isn't (2009 model). Have the optimate cable attached but it is a nightmare to get to the battery.
Stu

chris yeatman
02-04-2010, 05:58 AM
i would just have fit a optimate fitted.

Jan (Belgium)
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes, preety sure
It's defenately on my M1100s 2009 version.
I'll try taking a pic during the weekend

gbrown
05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Picked up the bike now and the dealers (Riders) had fitted a connector to the battery (they said it's quite tricky to get at) but it isn't a car cigarette lighter type, it has a double square connector that looks to fit an old Ctek battery conditioner I used to have. Unfortunately the one I currently have, has just has a cigarette lighter connector for use in a car.

Might get a new connector and get it fitted when the running in service is done.

Geoff

kippax_ffl
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Picked up the bike now and the dealers (Riders) had fitted a connector to the battery (they said it's quite tricky to get at) but it isn't a car cigarette lighter type, it has a double square connector that looks to fit an old Ctek battery conditioner I used to have. Unfortunately the one I currently have, has just has a cigarette lighter connector for use in a car.

Might get a new connector and get it fitted when the running in service is done.

Geoff

Sounds like an optimate connector, if so then they do a range of accessories including a cigarette adaptor that should fit.

http://www.accumate.co.uk/cg020001.htm

gbrown
06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks, that sounds exactly right. I have found the optimate connector on Amazon for £8.59 and will order one shortly.

Ta,

Geoff

gbrown
09-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Got the optimate cigarette lighter socket and it worked great. Can now plug existing Ctek battery conditioner in.

Thanks,

Geoff

kippax_ffl
09-04-2010, 09:48 PM
My bike came from Riders originally (Though I bought it second hand) and it has an optimate lead. Not sure if they fit them as standard, but glad you are sorted.