PDA

View Full Version : Why wont it bleed???

Oily Fingers
28-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Right fainlly got the clip ons on, but i'm having my usual bad luck, i cant get the front front to bleed (upgraged to braided hoses)

when i have tried to bleed a little bit, a tiny amount of fluid comes out the caliper but no air. then when i close the nipple up, there is naff all on the lever, just pulls straight back to the handle bar!!!

am i been a complete douche bag and forgetting somthing??? help need :(

chris.p
28-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Right fainlly got the clip ons on, but i'm having my usual bad luck, i cant get the front front to bleed (upgraged to braided hoses)

when i have tried to bleed a little bit, a tiny amount of fluid comes out the caliper but no air. then when i close the nipple up, there is naff all on the lever, just pulls straight back to the handle bar!!!

am i been a complete douche bag and forgetting somthing??? help need :(

Does your master cylinder have a bleed nipple??, if so bleed that first, then bleed your calipers.

Chris.

snakey
28-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Had the same problem with my sport a while back, the reason is that the reservoir is at an angle when mounted on the clip-ons and air is getting trapped in it, I have been told that it can be resolved by filling from the bleed nipple using a bit of tubing and a syringe (sounds a bit dodgy to me) or the way that i got around it was to get a bleedable banjo bolt from goodridge hoses (about £15) and use it to replace the one going to the reservoir, bleed the caliper first then the nipple at the res end.

Pete.

Oily Fingers
28-03-2010, 06:27 PM
no mate. could it just be a ****load of air in it????

snakey
28-03-2010, 06:28 PM
bleed the caliper first then the nipple at the res end.

Pete.[/QUOTE]

or you could do it top first then bottom - its just that i did it the other way round

Oily Fingers
28-03-2010, 06:33 PM
how do you bleed the caliper first??? is that where the syringe comes in? (back bleeding belive its calling?)

Nickj
28-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Loosen the nipple on the caliper and suck (use a syringe or a very long bit of tube!), pull the fluid down to fill the system then you can bleed it normally.

Oily Fingers
28-03-2010, 07:25 PM
done!!! i sucked the fluid through, huge amount of air!!!!! cheers everyone!

analogue_rogue
28-03-2010, 08:39 PM
i had this with my clutch... crack off the top banjo bolt. attacha 50 ml syringe to the bleed nipple at the caliper. fill syringe.. push brak fluid up till it come out of the top banjo bolt. then get someone to squesse the lever at the same time.. hold syringe down and lever in and tighten top banjo bolt. then you can just pull the pluinger out of the syringe.. leaving the fluid in it and bleed it as normal. this works fine and doesnt put any reverse pressure on any seals.