PDA

View Full Version : The big ride up t'Mill

Albie
22-03-2010, 09:08 PM
So its looming. Just 5 weeks away and I just managed to squeeze in the Friday off for a relaxed ride up to a weekend of mates and bikes along with the compulsory food and drink.

So some planning needed as per usual. Our belgium friends are once again coming over in force so I intend to ride with them from Clacketts Lane. Im hoping around midday like last year.
I noticed some other posts and some may go nearer the evening so we will obviously see you up there but if anyone wants to join the main Belgium/Kent party please add your name to the list and suggest meeting points and realistic times. A brief discussion has suggested we stop at a nice pub/village location so if anyone has any ideas say henley area maybe that will serve motorcyclists please do mention.
My other half will be driving alas with Ryans other half
Can meet locals before like GT at Dartford.
Meet at Clacketts time to be finalised

Albie

Rogerg
22-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Strangely We rode up to the Mill for lunch a couple of weekends ago.

unfortunately H's (Foxes) diner at Dorchester has succumbed to the economic climate & has shut down.

Sarah & I will be travelling up on Saturday Morning from Sussex, however we wouldn't mind going a bit out of our way if others fancy meeting??

Albie
22-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Blimey a cafe hits the skids :worried:

Possible meet a Banbury been mentioned. Anyone know Banbury well ??

allan green
22-03-2010, 10:40 PM
when you come off the m40 turn left towards Banbury town centre after 500 yards you will come to a roundabout turn left and there is a pub alongside a premier inn im sorry but i dont know the pubs name but it is literally 2 mins from the moterway and i think it should be ok with the bikes ....dont spose thats helped much but its my 2 penneth lol

gary tompkins
22-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I should be ok for ride up from Clackets

Last minute brake problem on the trike last year scuppered my plans for a meet

Fingers crossed for 2010 ;)

slob
23-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Consider Skins cafe @Brackley
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=NN13+8BW&sll=52.029261,-1.146011&sspn=0.336703,0.662613&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brackley+NN13,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.037287,-1.143951&spn=0.336643,0.662613&z=11

LouSCannon
23-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Don't take too long, I'm going to be staying at the mill on Thursday night, got a work meeting first thing on the Friday in Warwick that I need to attend (despite being on leave).

As such I'll be hanging round the mill being very bored... Or very drunk... On Friday afternoon!

alan c
23-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Sven and the MOB would like to take a more scenic A road route, thats fine by me, but others may wish to blat up m25 etc. As soon as i know what time they will arrive at Clackets i will post up so we can sort out Route,s and Groups ?

Not long now :mand: :booze:

uksurfer
23-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Chris,Stuart and me have day off, so happy to meet henley or wherever, and 'A' roads up from there?

DavidEJM
23-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Shame I can't make it for the weekend (all work; no play making for a dull boy I'm afraid*) but hope to get there on the Sunday for a couple of hours.

* so much so that I haven't even used the bike yet this year!

scrapps
24-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Sven and the MOB would like to take a more scenic A road route, thats fine by me, but others may wish to blat up m25 etc. As soon as i know what time they will arrive at Clackets i will post up so we can sort out Route,s and Groups ?

Not long now :mand: :booze:

I am more than happy to take a more scenic route and maybe stop for some nice pub grub.
also happy to meet at clackets or meet MOB before then.

alan c
24-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Cheers Rich, if weather is good would be good to A road it, and can meet others on way ?

bigredduke
24-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Shame I can't make it for the weekend (all work; no play making for a dull boy I'm afraid*) but hope to get there on the Sunday for a couple of hours.

* so much so that I haven't even used the bike yet this year!

That's a shame David. It will be good to see you again & have a natter!

My bike hasn't been out since before Christmas either, not so much that I've been too busy, just that the weather has been so crap! It's currently holidaying at the Ducati John hotel for it's big service.

Grumpy
24-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm planning to travel up to the weekender xcountry this yr(especially after my brush with the plod on the A14 last yr!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:) so i'll see if I can link up with the you guys:D

MrsC_772
24-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Will probably be travelling up on Friday daytime rather than evening so could be up for meeting up en route (but further west than Clacketts Lane).

Make sure you do the Henley-Nettlebed road if you're going via Henley. Can't remember if the bluebells will be out in the woods by end of April - it's pretty countryside as well as a good road.

Parents live near Banbury so can ask if they have any pub recommendations round there. (They'd be nice country pubs rather than anywhere specficially marketing at biikers).

DavidEJM
25-03-2010, 06:38 PM
That's a shame David. It will be good to see you again & have a natter!

My bike hasn't been out since before Christmas either, not so much that I've been too busy, just that the weather has been so crap! It's currently holidaying at the Ducati John hotel for it's big service.

It will be good to catch up mate. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather! I'm due to get my belts done, just had an oil change so should be good to go when time/weather combo is right.

rollo22
25-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Malarkins has closed down the cafe we stopped at on the ride out last year

Albie
25-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Blimey another. The south east has survived with the cafes.

DavidEJM
25-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I think we'll all have to get a 'Thermos Flask' :)

scrapps
26-03-2010, 04:02 PM
stopping at a nice country pub for a cold pint and a ploughmans would be great....
prob have to stop at a cafe for a fry up and coffee untill we can feel our fingers again.Dont you just love the english summer:banghead:

Grumpy
26-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I think we'll all have to get a 'Thermos Flask' :)

I'd rather mbring a hip flask!:thumbsup:

MrsC_772
28-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Pubs in Banbury area recommended by my parents for food are:

Peacock, Oxhill http://www.thepeacockoxhill.co.uk/
Joiners Arms, Bloxham http://www.thejoinersarms.com/
Red Lion, Cropredy http://www.redlioncropredy.co.uk/

Not sure how large a party they could accommodate turning up on spec - my parents said that the Peacock in particular was very busy and didn't have a huge dining area, so might be worth booking.