PDA

View Full Version : Fog City Speed Tint??

jimbo696
20-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Anyone using one of these??
I have one, but I don't see how it can go on the inside of the visor as suggested, due to the pin lock would be in the way??

916neil
21-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Got a few of these for my lids and the wifes. Arai GP5x does not have pinlock or brow vents. Got the non arai firment one and its spot on.
Arai RX7 has brow vents and pinlock. Got arai specific speed tint and fitted it the fitted the pinlock over the top. Spot on, No problems
Now the weird bit (or maybe not). I am hyper sensitive to light. I seem to have the sun visor down on the car 80% of the time. So I fitted a speed tint to a black race visor - so that means the 50% light transmission is reduced by a further 50%. It's superb when riding into the low sun at this time of year. I used to have a Karting style sticker accross the top of the visor that blocked 100% of the light. However this was a total pain in the neck (literally and actually) as when at traffic lights as I needed to lift my head up to see the lights change. The speed tint on a black visor still lets me see through it enough to see lights change without twisting my head upwards. Highly recommended.