PDA

View Full Version : Rear hugger issue

Wildman
13-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi all

The rear hugger on my new bike is brocken. The right hand side (if sat on the bike) is missing its locating arm that fastens it to the swing arm. Is this a common fault?
Is the hugger thats fitted to the m695 any different to an earlier model? Many thanks

southfrance
13-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi Wildman, sounds like the previous owner has been up to something, the huggers are made from thick plastic and I cant think of any reason why the right hand side is broken/missing. Does it rattle about ? if it needs replacing there are a few options

1. standard replacement hugger
2. DP carbon hugger
3. short carbon effect hugger from Spareshack or Carbonworld.de
4. no hugger

sf

Wildman
14-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah it is rattling, does my head in. Might take it off today and see how it goes without a hugger. I can't afford a carbon one but dont mind the look of the standard one.

What other ducatis does the monster share its hugger with?

southfrance
14-03-2010, 08:00 AM
The only prob with no hugger is no protection for rear spring, maybe you could use a cable tie to hold it down until you get a new one. The DP carbon huggers are bloody expensive, the carbon effect rear hugger from Spareshack is 130 odd quid as it's only a layer of carbon over resin. You will prob find a 695 hugger on ebay from someone who has changed theirs. Hears a pick of the shorty.

gary tompkins
14-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Trouble with shorties is they still let a lot of muck get through. If you are an all weather rider the underside of seat, rear engine and swingarm area soon starts looking a mess.

I solved this problem by adding an extra rear wheel, and shifting them 4 feet apart ;)

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=427&cat=531

southfrance
14-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Monster trike, excellent, where did you get the side air vents ?

sf

gary tompkins
14-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Ebay

Unfortunately I lost one on a ride-out, so it's currently scoopless :(

Albie
15-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I have a fairly decent one. Couple of marks form high cans but nothing bad. £10 plus postage.