PDA

View Full Version : Performance

tomscotland
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
My M600 monster goes ok but it seems to run out of steam and I don't know what it is that's causing it. It just doesn't seem to pull the way I remember it did when I first bought it. I'm wondering if it's carb problems ? Any ideas or has anyone experienced this with their bike. It's a 95 model with 20k miles and has been serviced with new belts etc when I bought it last August.
Any ideas would be welcome !

leeplant
09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Just an idea but when was the last time you had the vavles done. Had mine done and helped a lot. Also I seem to be expirencing carb freeze a little on my m600. Seems to be a little gutless when its especially cold and almost holding back...... cant wait for the warmer weather

Lee

Nickj
09-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Try some pro fst or go for a tankfull of the v power or similar at least till the world warms up a bit more. My 750 was a bit rough in the cold better with fst but happy as a pig in the proverbial down past -4 on the shell enhanced fuel with nothing else added.
Valves would worth a go if the service didn't cover them, it can make a big difference.
LOL After the bout of winter weather maybe its just been so long you've forgotten what the bike was like when you were able to ride it last!!
Oh see the current weather in the south of france?? Spread the joy of spring ..... and the grit!!

tomscotland
20-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Well it was a bad connection from one of the coils which was shorting. All fixed now and running well with the power it should have and what a difference. Thanks Lee and Nick for your comments. I'm putting this on for anyone else who ever experiences this fault.
Tom