PDA

View Full Version : M1100 Handlebars

JaKS
05-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi all,
Can anybody point me in the right direction please?
I would like to change my Monster 1100s handlebars for something a little higher, more upright.
I am sure I've seen a post or two regarding changing the bars for Rizoma's or such like, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

PS-I've managed to do 300 miles during January and February, only short ones, but at least I've been on two wheels!

buzzbomb
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Kieth I've replaced the bars on both my S4Rs and hyper with rizoma and find them alot more comfortable than the standard bars plus I've also replaced the bars on a streetfighter and a 1100s monster with rizoma bars and the guys whom the bikes belong to agree with me about for comfort. The lean forward stance of the standard bars might be OK for the young guns but as you get older its comfort that matters.

sburrows87
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I have got rizoma 22mm bars on my 620, and they feel great, not too high to look daft, not too low but low enough to put a bit of weight on the front and a great feel and sweep to them

JaKS
11-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Thanks chaps,
I've ordered them from Twinshack, I'll report back when fitted!

JaKS
03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, the Rizoma handlebars arrived 'eventually', shan't be using twinshack again!
Fitted to-day, and Oxford heated grips at the same time. Ordered from 'Get Geared', brilliant! I'll use them again.
Easy to do, had a tough time deciding where to thread the electrical cables. But ok in the end. Needed to reset the steering lock stops. Not too much but, needed tweeking.
Throttle sleave needed a slight tweek, otherwise the Oxford grip will not slide over the standard Ducati sleeve.
With any luck road test to-morrow (Sunday) I'll let you know how it is!!

buzzbomb
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Keith in future for any-thing rizona contact Moorespeed in poole, thier service is first class.

JaKS
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks buzzbomb, took two weeks for delivery and no contact at all from Twinshack.
Moorespeed next!

JaKS
04-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Well after a 35 mile ride I can honestly say that the bars and 'bigger' Oxford grips have transformed the ride!
They feel narrower, but only by mm's. Much more comfortable riding position, I feel more in control if that makes sense?
I'd recommend the conversion to anybody.

Thirdway
04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
I really like the lean forward stance of the standard bars and am definitely not a 'young gun'. I'm pretty short in the arms too, but I find the more weight on the front and easier lean into head winds an advantage.

Did briefly consider heated grips, but I had them on the BM and they were more of a mental prop than any real help. Not that they didn't give out plenty of heat, just that they didn't warm the back of my hands and fingers which is really where it matters. They do make a difference when the weather is just 'this side of' cold, but proper cold weather seems to make them redundant. Decided to go with heated gloves myself.