PDA

View Full Version : It's official - I am a complete co*k!

Lucati
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes indeed,

I have been having trouble with my brakes making a rubbing sound and on Mr Slobs recommendation I bought a can of brake cleaner to see if it helps!

Nice sunny morning today, bike cleaned and looking tidy so I grabbed my brake cleaner and applied ample ammounts as directed - only problem is I picked up chain lube instead at the last moment and have spent the last hour stripping down my brakes and removing every last molecule of lube from my discs! They won't squeek but they wont stop either!

Joy of joy.:banghead:

jerry
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
DOH! Thats not good ...use different drugs.

LVC
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Nice one skippy - one for the classic album of "do nots" me thinks (I'm sure you're not the 1st nor last though) ...LOL

pegboy
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
That funny and it's not if you know what i mean, don't beat yourself up too much about it, i once had a lady come into my place of work in OZ (Garage) saying her car would not start, after she topped up the engine oil. She had removed the oil cap and poured in the oil right to the very top of the rocker cover (Cam Cover) i think from memory it took about 30 odd litres I could not stop laughing, even the guy she brought the oil from asked her why she need so much after about the fourth visit!!!

BluprintZ
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Sh1t happens Luc.
Last week up at the workshop, one of the guys who has been re-building his Guzzi Le Mans, started to spray Smoothrite black paint into his bores...instead of spray lube!
We have since sent him to Specsavers.

G ; )

uksurfer
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
as you said 'its a nice sunny morning'

reminds me of my neighbour years ago who picked up a paint aerosol instead of the de-icer......

BluprintZ
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
See Luc, you aren't the only dozy tw*t who's made a similar mistake.
I once lost the kettle for three hours, until i found it in the fridge!!

G ; ) :scratch:.

retskcid
05-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I once did an oil change on my car and forgot to replace the sump plug before I started pouring lovely new oil into the filler, emptied most of the new can out before I realised....

Lucati
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Cheers guys!

I also locked myself out this morning and had to paint my kids face to look like a tiger for school fancy dress day and then get into work as we had a deadline this morning - I shall relax this afternoon and possibly nip out for a blat in the sun!

You know what though, that noise has stopped with my brakes!

TF it's friday!

CK & AK
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Lol - spat my coffee out reading your post Lucati! :D

AK did a similar thing back in 2004 at a trackday, but not onto a bike I hasten to add - he used my small can of chain lube (anyone remember the little ones we got as freebies from Ducati? ) thinking it was the visor cleaner - which was also in a similar sized spray can...... exit one very grumpy hubbie & a very smeary visor........

CK

NattyBoy
05-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Muppetary of the highest order lol !! But easily done !

He11cat
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Well least you have the balls to admit to doing it and can laugh about it!!!

good on you fella!!

Not a bike but on putting up a tent last year I wondered why I had spare poles....
spent ages trying to figure it out.. poor chap came to my rescue couldn't work it out either...30mins later..and much head scratching.

He said hand them over here....
Guess what was written all over the tent poles?

"spares" lol..... he chucked them at me !!! lol...

We all do it

Grumpy
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Don't worry!! I knew someone( many moons ago) who when they cleaned their bike, use to spray the discs' with WD40 to keep them clean and rust free!!!! Thats muppetry:banghead:

mholc123
05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
These are really funny - but I'm laughing hardest at the kettle in the fridge cause I did exactly the same thing and I still don't know why!! Loosing it I guess :chuckle:

mholc123
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
BlueprintZ I just read your from Bangor I wonder if the kettle in fridge is a Welsh thing? :banghead:

rac3r
05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I once poured tropical juice into my cereal :spin:

He11cat
05-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I cooked an omlette popped it on the side or so I thought ... came back it was gone.. assumed I had eaten it but still felt hungry.

Two days later I opened a cupboard to find my omlette on a plate.. I don't recall putting it in a cupboard or why... just wondered what the funny smell was lol... DOH!

Cornflakes and Umbungo nice lol!

desmo
05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I once poured Mrs Desmo a pint of lager & lime, but instead of adding lime to her lager I added cooking oil by mistake.
She didn't half pull a funny face after a few gulps, I thought it was funny, she didn't see te joke though.

BluprintZ
05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
BlueprintZ I just read your from Bangor I wonder if the kettle in fridge is a Welsh thing? :banghead:

Could well be Michael bach, or it could be depression..we get more rain up North!
I've also put food in the microwave for tea, been distracted by something, then made something else on the stove, the next time i use the microwave, sometimes days later, i find the aforementioned food starting come over all penicillin..euch!

Cofion mate,

George ; ) :D.

He11cat
05-03-2010, 11:32 PM
lol... yes Ive done that as well!! .
I also randomly throw things up in the air when I am thinking about something else...
I threw a whole tray of chips up in the air which went everywhere because "somebody" distracted my train of thought....a bloke I knew came along and then looked at the chips thrown everywhere and said referring to me "she did that didn't she!" .... boy did I go red... I just threw them without warning apparently.

Also last week went shopping ... then the next day went again and re-brought all the items I had just brought again.
When I went to cook a pie ..hmm I had put back all the stuff needed yet brought a whole pile of stuff I had already got again!!.. I had 3 lots of everything in the end and nobody to eat it :0( and a huge shopping bill...

robgarrington
18-03-2010, 08:33 PM
i once put the sky remote in the freezer

i find its usually when im going over something really complicated in my head !

analogue_rogue
18-03-2010, 09:05 PM
isnt bangor in ireland?

binky
19-03-2010, 12:23 PM
My wife went to work with milk bottles having left here bag on the door step ?????

Thirdway
19-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes indeed,

I have been having trouble with my brakes making a rubbing sound and on Mr Slobs recommendation I bought a can of brake cleaner to see if it helps!

Nice sunny morning today, bike cleaned and looking tidy so I grabbed my brake cleaner and applied ample ammounts as directed - only problem is I picked up chain lube instead at the last moment and have spent the last hour stripping down my brakes and removing every last molecule of lube from my discs! They won't squeek but they wont stop either!

Joy of joy.:banghead:

If you haven't used the bike yet, take the pads out (making sure you mark which side comes from where), wipe off as much lube as you can and then burn the rest off with a blow lamp or stick in a high temperature oven. If you don't do this, then at first application of the pads, the heat and combined pressure will drive the oils into the pads and that's where they will stay (and your brakes will be crap).

Also, clean the discs with an isopropyl alcohol solution. Maplins do it.

Lucati
20-04-2010, 02:47 PM
The Numpty strikes again!!!

Yes, just when you thought I'd been a complete C#*k I managed to outdo myself!

It always seems to be when I'm cleaning the damn thing that I go and break it! Last time it was chain lube mistaken for brake cleaner (ouch!) and this time it was over enthusiastic use of a jet washer on my wheels resulting in knackered bearings. So £40 to get the bike picked up and delivered to Rosso Corse, goodness knows how much for the new bearings etc, the look on Marcus' face when I pick it up tomorrow - priceless!

Apparently it's a common thing for numpty's to do so I'm not the only one, however, I shall be sure to save the jet washer for my patio and resort to good old fashioned elbow grease (to preserve my bearing grease!)

I think I get this from my mother......one day she came in the house and asked my dad for a scraper, he dug one out of his tool box and she duly toddled off, ten minutes later she came in and said she needed something stronger, maybe a flat headed screw driver? My dad asked why she needed these tools? Her reply was that she was washing the car and there was a small stone stuck on the bonnet that just wouldnt come off.........it was the windscreen washer! Is it any wonder I am the way I am?!