PDA

View Full Version : North West Meets - Early Season! - Cheshire Thread

LouSCannon
04-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Following on from my mass PM, and the very positive response from people, I'd like to propose the following dates and venues for the early season riders out there...

Sunday March 28th - Rivington Hall Barn - 12PM
Sunday 28th March - Wirral Easter Egg Charity Run - http://www.wirraleggrun.co.uk/wirral-egg-run/
Sunday April 4th - Cat & Fiddle - 12PM
Sunday April 18th - Rivington Hall Barn - 12PM

I've chosen the most popular suggestions, but for future meets happy for people to suggest other venues, I'm sure we're not short of meeting places and excellent roads in our part of the country! A good suggestion is perhaps a meet in Cheshire for a quick bimble around North Wales?

I'm committed to getting us out more in NW this year, so I'll guarantee to be at all of the above, rain or shine, so you'll know at least 1 person will be around, which is a start...

No real agenda, for now just looking to get people together for a chat and a brew, if people fancy a ride out then we can have a ride out, if people just want to meet and have a nosy at bikes then that's great too.

In an attempt to give a little incentive I'll bring my camera, tripod and a few lenses, for those willing I can get some good pictures of your pride and joys which I will touch up and send out to you (UKMOC Calendar 2011 ;) ).

Look forward to meeting you all and planning some good Northern events for the warmer season, maybe some midweek evening meets once we get in to Summer?

See you soon,

Jim

JimsDark
04-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Nice one Jim, Will do what I can to get to at least one of the above!!
Just sent PM before reading this, Rivvy Barn...Bolton way?
Cracking idea with Pics and Calendars!!

Look forward to it! Fingers crossed for decent weather too!!

Jim

J_Dub
04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes will get to at least one of those! Will also probably be going to Devils Bridge April 5th or 11th (more than likely both dates if dry) Thanks Jim

buzzbomb
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Jim can I make a suggestion, march the 28th is the wirral easter egg run and last year I went along and was completely blown away by the support it gets from bikers, personally it would make a much more appropriate venue for our first mass turn out (weather permitting).

Robot
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Good idea !

PDL
04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Following on from my mass PM

Checks inbox
Can't find PM

LouSCannon
05-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Jim can I make a suggestion, march the 28th is the wirral easter egg run and last year I went along and was completely blown away by the support it gets from bikers.

Can you post up some more details chap, web link, location details, timings etc... and we'll see who's up for it?

At the moment I want to keep things simple, but if it's something that will people will commit too then lets post it up and see...

Checks inbox
Can't find PM

Sorry chap, was just a note to see who is active out there in the NW region.... and I knew you were active! :)

PDL
05-03-2010, 08:32 AM
If you want to head North and I can make it to one of the Rivy meets I can show you some cracking roads all the way up to Glasson Dock and over the Trough to Devils, lived that way for 34 years. I am now discovering Cheshire and the south :)

LouSCannon
05-03-2010, 08:51 AM
If you want to head North and I can make it to one of the Rivy meets I can show you some cracking roads all the way up to Glasson Dock and over the Trough

The Trough? Is that the Trough of Bowland... asking as I vaguely remember being taken there as a very young kid by my parents... only just remembered!

Anyway, that would be a great idea... Rivvy Barn was suggested loads on PM, and looking on Google maps it seems to be located well for the main NW regions.

As I've said to a few guys on PM, once we get some regulars we can start looking for less well known roads and meets, but as I'm still new to being back up North it's people like you who will need to suggest things! :)

PDL
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Yes Trough of Bowland, and don't worry on the road I ride like Miss Daisy. If I find myself reaching 100mph plus I like to be surrounded by gravel traps and marshalls.

BluprintZ
05-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I haven't been over the trough and to devils bridge for about twenty years, so i'm up for that and Rivvy barn, which i have been to for the last two years.
Last year i went with J Dub and his lad for the Ducati day...which was nice!

G ; )

LouSCannon
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Following on from buzz's suggestion I've looked in to the Wirral run, and although it's a little out of the way I agree it would be a good charity event to attend, although might need a little organisation beforehand.

We can keep discussion to the following thread:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=341669#post341669

Hope people can make it along to this, seems like a good cause. Otherwise see you at the Cat & Fiddle and Rivvy Barn in April....

LouSCannon
23-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Hope to see people along at the charity ride this weekend?!

BluprintZ
23-03-2010, 05:23 PM
If it's a decent day (not raining), then i'll likely be there.
If it's raining, then not a chance, sorry Jim!

I'm depressed, it's been pi$$ing down here for two days solid, although the positive is that it's washing away the salt, which is good.
I wanna play out on the bike, i haven't been on it for weeks, just a couple of hours will do...please!!

G :banghead:

LouSCannon
25-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Reckon we'll be lucky George... been keeping an eye on the forecast all week... I'll be packing waterproofs!

LouSCannon
29-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Believe it or not, they are actually forecasting snow on April 4th... which considering the Cat & Fiddle is often the worse place for snow I may be forced to cancel this one and wait till 18th for Rivvy Barn. :/

Will keep an eye on the forecast through the week and see what happens...

LouSCannon
01-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Sunday is actually looking good weather wise... so I'll be up at the Cat and Fiddle. Think most are looking to get to Rivvy barn, but would be good if a few join me...

J_Dub
01-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I won't be able to go to the Cat and Fiddle due to family commitments.
Does look a bleak up there though!;

http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

Wildman
03-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Ducati Preston are having an open weekend on the same day as the Rivington Barn meet, could maybe tie the two in on a day?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Preston-United-Kingdom/Ducati-Preston/282827255208?ref=nf

BluprintZ
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Ducati Preston are having an open weekend on the same day as the Rivington Barn meet, could maybe tie the two in on a day?

Yea, that sounds good Tom, although i'll be on the Thruxton mate, so no taking the pi$$, right?:cry:.

Jim: I was going to PM you last night when i got back from Yarmouth, to sort out meeting up at the Cat, unfortunatley my mate phoned first and reminded me about his b/day tomoz, so i'll be on Anglesey getting pished mate, sorree!
Have a good day anyway bud. ; )

John D: I'll bell you when i get to Rossy on Friday 16th, probably after tea, so might nip up for a brew mate.:eek:.

G ; )

LouSCannon
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Yup, could be a destination for an afternoon ride if you can find a good route up there from the Barn (As in avoiding motorways, spending enough time squaring my tyres off at the moment)....

The Cat & Fiddle is almost local for me, so I'll be heading down there tomorrow as it's going to be nice a day. Got some new pillion headsets and a new seat mat the other half wants to try out. Would love to see some Monsters up there, but I'd be surprised!

Starter Sprag
04-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm going, I'm going,

Last minute I know, but better late than never,

Just got to get my 'lazy' son out of bed, he's been on the 'pop' last night

I'll be on a 900ie DARK, hope to get there about 12pm

Geoff and Co

LouSCannon
04-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Despite the rather cold start (We had a spot of snow) had a really good little ride out, thanks guys! Just off to rinse the surprising amount of salt off the bike now!

Hope you guys had a good ride where me and the missus left you?

Robot
04-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks Jim for dragging us out earlier.
Despite an unpromising start, the quick jaunt over to Katy's (or whatever it's called now)
was good. We added a loop over towards Mam Tor (Castleton) from Sparrowpit where, I presume, you cut off.
Geoff & Co., hope you found your way back from Macc. ok without hypothermia.
See you again soon,

Rob

Starter Sprag
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
We both got home safe and sound,

It was sun and cloud when we set off this morning, and the same coming home,

It was a bit bleak at the 'Cat', reminded me of some trips to the 'Ponderosa' in Wales

Great to see you all

Bye for now

Geoff and Co

LouSCannon
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Glad you mentioned that Geoff, was trying to think of the name of the place you were talking about! Think we might have to make that one of our destinations after the Rivvy Barn meet, or will the Welsh think we're too loud??

BluprintZ
04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Not at all Jim, the Welsh bikers are renowned for their rally hospitality, ever been on the Dragon run?....bbrrr!
Glad you had a good time lads, i tootled over to my mates place on Anglesey and joined in his b/day celebrations.
I set off at dinner time in glorious sunshine, slightly nippy but ok.
I got back home at 9.00pm. feckin' frozen, sun going down + wind-chill, not good.
I came home to the central heating having thrown a wobbly, so i stood in front of the lecky oven to warm up a bit, me mates on his way to sort the heating out, he installed it so it should be back on soon (he said cautiously!).

LouSCannon
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Starter Sprag's 900ie

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4490470303_932957da1b_b.jpg

Mine and Robot's S4R:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4491045980_c222b9a392_b.jpg

Heading for a well deserved brew!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4490444207_2e43e1a820_b.jpg

buzzbomb
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Jim if your looking for a better seat to make it more comfortable for the wife have a look at your pics from the egg run last week, the S4r in the foreground in the third pic down is Timbo's bike.
DUC900s remodelled the seat for Tim and you'll be pleased to know that his work shop is in wigan if your interested, all you need is a spare seat and he will work his magic for you.

LouSCannon
05-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Cheers Geoff, spotted the none slip mat eh? :)

I did spot Tim's memory foam seat when we were at the ride out. What's this guy's details, will keep my eye out for a cheap seat, but with a puppy on the way it might have to wait till the end of the season!

J_Dub
05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
John D: I'll bell you when i get to Rossy on Friday 16th, probably after tea, so might nip up for a brew mate.:eek:.

G ; )

OK! :thumbsup:

J_Dub
12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Well looks like I'm sitting this one out too, my rear shock absorber has decided to die :Furious:
I can't see me getting this sorted by the weekend due to lack of funding.:thumbsdown:

BluprintZ
12-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm sure someone will come up with a decent secondhand one John.
Be a shame if you miss it mate, was Karl supposed to be going?

EDIT: just found this on ebay, not brand new but might keep you on the road until you can afford something better?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-M900-M-900-MONSTER-1993-REAR-SHOCK-ABSORBER_W0QQitemZ370325918694QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item56392513e6

G ; )

Wildman
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
What time are people meeting at Rivington Barn?

LouSCannon
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
12ish, should have a reasonable turnout...

J_Dub
13-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Happy days, smashed the piggy bank and now have a replacement shock to fit, so should be there.

LouSCannon
13-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Good work!! :)

J_Dub
15-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I have fitted the shock now and no seized bolts for a change!:banana: so will be at Rivvi.

BluprintZ
16-04-2010, 12:30 PM
It will likely be nearer 1.00pm. when we get there.
I'll be riding down with John Dub but we will be diverting to Little Lever near Bolton, to pick my mate and his missus up.
See y`all there.

G ; )

LouSCannon
16-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Give us a bell if you're going to be later mate, use the 07930 number I think I gave you?

Be good to see you George!

LouSCannon
18-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Great to see people out today! Hope you all get back home safely.

I got a reasonable selection of pictures, although I've got a hellishly busy week in work coming up so might not be able to sort them for a while, but will post them up when I've done them.

J_Dub
18-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Glad you found your back home Jim! Good to see you all.

buzzbomb
18-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Good ride and nice to put faces to names of all you young bucks...:thumbsup:

Jim call me...:scratch:

Wildman
18-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah nice to meet some faces today, there was a decent turn out and it was good to go across to Ducati Preston for a bit of a ride out. Hopefully do it all again soon.

LouSCannon
18-04-2010, 07:34 PM
After the past few meets it looks like a dozen or so Monster owners who like a ride out I'll start pulling together some decent routes and destinations for the summer... hopefully you guys will get out in May whilst I'm busy too!!

Jim call me...:scratch:

Will do Geoff, got your number, although this week is a bit mad for me, and all my weekends are busy through May, but I should have a few days working from home after this week so will be in touch!!

Robot
18-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Good to meet you folks today and put faces to names (which I wll have forgotten before we meet up again !) . Rivi and Preston were good but that Hyper, Geoff, is awesome!!

BluprintZ
18-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Yep, t`was a good day, could have been a bit warmer though.
Good to see you all.

G ; )

Wildman
18-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Can you just remind who what your username is and what bike you were on?

buzzbomb
19-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Great to see you back on the road Rob, blue with the white stripe is still one of my favorite colour combos.

Thanks for your thoughts on the retard, its taken along time to get it looking that good.