PDA

View Full Version : Workshop manual

Saint aka ML
02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I have one for my 1993 monster however it is rather poor. Some pages are missing but that is not a problem as it is mainly how to repair bottom end. Main problem is some pages are in italian and one important one with torque settings is in italian!!

Does any one have one in english or can I use those figures from later monster 900 and if so does any one have a workshop manual for that?

I want to torque up my discs and sprockets.

Cheers

P.S.

I should have checked if I have those details before I started putting the bike apart to clean it up.

rollo22
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
There not very expensive on flea bay and come as a cd so just print the pages you need.

Pomp1
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
early models recommended torque:
Disc mounting bolts 26 Nm
Front caliper mounting 35-38 Nm
Front axle 70-76
axle clamp bolts 20-25
rear axle nut 70-76
no mention of either sprockets in the Haynes, only suggest thread lock in the rear sprocket.
PS take that signature off or no more info from me,it freaks me out;);):look:

Saint aka ML
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
There not very expensive on flea bay and come as a cd so just print the pages you need.

Not for 1993 they do not.

early models recommended torque:
Disc mounting bolts 26 Nm
Front caliper mounting 35-38 Nm
Front axle 70-76
axle clamp bolts 20-25
rear axle nut 70-76
no mention of either sprockets in the Haynes, only suggest thread lock in the rear sprocket.
PS take that signature off or no more info from me,it freaks me out;);):look:

Thx man, for rear sprocket I will use 749 torque but still stuck with front one. Grrr

BTW I like the signaure it took mean hour to edit it so it fits within limits of this site.

Johnnyrob
03-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I've got a manual on CD that came with my bike. I'll check it out & if compatible with your Duc ML will let you know. ;)

Saint aka ML
03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I've got a manual on CD that came with my bike. I'll check it out & if compatible with your Duc ML will let you know. ;)

If you have one for older 600 then except engine all would be the same I would think.

Thx mate.