PDA

View Full Version : Velcro securing Number Plates

Yorkie
27-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Has anyone used velcro to secure their number plate?

Ive just used some of the heavy duty stuff on mine and it looks quite tidy!

Yorkie

Panther
27-02-2010, 11:07 PM
My dads got Velcro on his car plates..........

Does this mean you car park illegally then you can remove your plates???

Nickj
27-02-2010, 11:18 PM
It's prbably one of those things that'll have the plod searching for the hidden fake plates you obviously will have hidden somewhere on the bike.
Of course this is the kind of thing a master criminal or maybe a terrorist would do so expect to be locked up for at least 24 hours.

Is the the 'standard' fuzz and hook velcro or the thick plastic equivalent you see on some car linings?

Gadget
28-02-2010, 05:17 AM
My brother in law attaches his plate like this.
There are no holes and he has never lost the plate.
I think the story would be different if he had a tail chop.

slob
28-02-2010, 06:09 AM
I know somone who uses dzus clips to hold his plate on.

Kato
28-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Used velcrow a few times on cars and bikes works well but I'm always concerned that my plates are gonna get nicked.

Yorkie
28-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Im not that worried about the coppers, if they nab me it must be fair game!

Its just handy for plate changing, small to door size!

Yorkie

Blah blah
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I vecro'd the seat onto the frame when I built the chop, couldn't get the fugging thing of afterwards... velcro's pretty good stuff

Oh, and talking of numberplates, I once met a chap on his carboned up, bored out, tweaked to fuggery 748 in the middle of Wales with a numberplate held on with elastic bands !! Although he may have also had a slightly different plate on underneath for some obscure reason which is nothing at all to do with being able to quickly throw one away should the police actually get anywhere near him once he'd stopped obviously

LVC
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
All my plates are held on with double sided 3M tape - no holes, neater and easier to clean and I've never had one fly off. The trailer has velco attachments for the plates as I have two towing vehicles and alternate between them.

Its just handy for plate changing, small to door size!

Is this a regular thing then Yorkie - if so why? Mot's are once a year and if you get stopped it's too late anyway :scratch:

Yorkie
05-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Who gets stopped??

It just looks neater!!

Yorkie

LVC
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
If it's neatness and staying-in-place-ability - I would recommend the 3M double sided sticky stuff - available in a variety of thicknesses (just like Monster owners) - Halfords, DIY stores, etc sell them. Also much less easy to nick than if they were just velcro'd in place.

Who gets stopped? .... me regularly so the plod can have a good look at a decent bike instead of the restricted French mopeds.

Yorkie
07-03-2010, 09:26 AM
me regularly so the plod can have a good look at a decent bike instead of the restricted French mopeds.

If only it was the same everywhere!

Yorkie