PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky front wheel??

jimbo696
26-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I have an annoying squeak from the front wheel area(on S2R)...it can be heard when riding or even pushing the bike in to the garage!! Any ideas what it could be?

Darkness
26-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Check it isn't a seized/sticky brake pad dragging on a disk: that can get nasty if it gets worse when you are riding!

StuartJames
26-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Check it isn't a seized/sticky brake pad dragging on a disk: that can get nasty if it gets worse when you are riding!

I had this too about a year ago, my bearings were falling apart in side.
The back ones were in a bit of a state as well.

Makes a kind of metalic sound every know and then as the bearing cases were being shredded.

I wrote to Ducati about this as my 696 was only 9 months old, and the bearings shouldn't have been as bad as they were. I didn't pressure wash or anything, just used Muc-Off products for cleaning the bike. Haven't heard back from Ducati, but the guys at Rosso Corse replaced the front and back bearings and haven't had any problems since.

mikeeb
28-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Just a quick question my monster is making similar noises for a little while and i have a feeling its the bearings. How much did getting them replaced set you back at Rosso Corse as this is my local garage. If you dont mind me asking. cheers.

StuartJames
28-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Just a quick question my monster is making similar noises for a little while and i have a feeling its the bearings. How much did getting them replaced set you back at Rosso Corse as this is my local garage. If you dont mind me asking. cheers.

I had them changed as part of my first service so not sure about the labour, should only take an hour to change the bearings though . Bearings were around £40, two front and two rear.

gary tompkins
28-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Lift front wheel clear of the ground, and spin/pull sideways at rim to check for wear. If bearings are suspect drop front wheel out of forks and inspect for damage. It may still be brakes rubbing or binding on discs, but my money's on wheel bearings.

davkyt
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I had a squeek.....it just turned out to be the speedo wire, just squirted some oil in..