PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Egg charity run Essex/London

Pomp1
26-02-2010, 11:54 AM
A friend of mine asked to put up this on the forum, I will be there if I can get the bike done and set-up in time. Please attend if you can

Hi there

This run is for children who without our generosity will not get an egg at Easter.
I have been going on this run for about 25 years and have seen it go from 150 bikes down to 10-15 in 2008; last year was a good year for us with about 80 bikes on the run, it would be GREAT to do that again or better it. There will be free refreshments
At the end + a raffle.

We have a police pilot for the run as we had for the TOY RUN at Christmas, which went very smoothly.

Saturday 20th March 2010

The run starts at

The Kings Oak PH car park, High Beach, Essex, IG10 4AE at 12:00 (noon)

joining up at the second start point at

Stratstone Harley-Davidson, Loxham Road, E4 8SE at 12:30

Finishing at community links in Newham East london.

Bring an Easter Egg or two and enjoy the ride.

Thanks

Chris

Community Links Easter Appeal

Community Links is based in Newham, East London, one of the poorest and most deprived urban areas in the UK, where 55% of children live in poverty. Throughout the year Community Links organises clubs, activities and services for over 3,700 disadvantaged children each week.

Our Easter egg Collection aims to provide for each child referred, an egg or two. Children are referred by a unique combination of East London’s caring agencies and family support groups including Social, Health, Education and Probation Services, Women’s Aid, Gingerbread and the Association Against Domestic violence, ensuring that the Community Links Easter Appeal helps those most in need at Easter. This Appeal helps children aged between three months and fifteen years old. Already we know of many especially needy children who will be receiving nothing this year, for them our Appeal is their only hope of a happy Easter. At the moment none of these children are looking forward to Easter. Please help us to change this.
I'll give you more info as I get them!