PDA

View Full Version : Most stupid thing I've seen this week

Nickj
18-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Some might have noticed there was a bit of snow around today over my neck of the woods.
I was primed to get out from work but unfortunately there was a system glitch I had to go trouble shoot that put my escape plans back quite a bit.
Got from Cheltenham to Gloucester OK and pressed on to the deep dark forest. Just where you turn off the A40 onto the A4136 the roads were bad, about 3" of snow and a little bit :cens: slippery. So I decided enough was enough and I'd walk the next 8 miles, older but no wiser me LOL.
Just as I was stashing the bike in the local garage I saw some bike lights coming up the road. There's a guy on one of the small 'adventure' BMs being followed by some poor little kid on a chink 125. They were both slithering about a bit, the little bike and rider looking like they were right on the edge of disaster. They were heading on up the A40 which gets twisty and hilly from where I was. I'd checked with a landy driver who'd just come down it and was told it was ':cens: deeply :cens: dire' with a few jack knife trucks and cars visiting ditches, I was thinking of using it as an alternate route home but thought better of it.
What really amazed me was that the BM rider had a localish training 'school' instructor bib on and the poor sod on the little bike was the trainee.
I think someone should have known better!!

He11cat
19-02-2010, 03:52 AM
WTF was it the school of death or something????

Even our IAMS instructors wouldn't go out in that !!!!!..

Ok I appreciate you should know how to ride in all weather conditions but out of choice and a learner.. unless it caught them out.

Most schools have a back up truck to come and fetch breakdowns and the like.
That's mental..:freak:
Ok he's on a Charlie type thing but on one of those 125's friggin hell!!! er no ta they is made of dairylee my brazilan 125 bends like um rope now those 125's are even bendier eeeeeek lol!!! lunacy!!!

LVC
19-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Maybe it's part of the new bike test - good way to reduce the number of legal bikers on the UK roads.

He11cat
19-02-2010, 09:49 PM
So in MCN says amount of people taking the new test down..
After hearing how much it cost lady up our road and the stress she went through I am not surprised.

Cost an arm and a leg when I was 18 .. if I had to take it now I doubt I could afford it as an 18 year old!