PDA

View Full Version : Ok, all sorted for the Spring

desmo
15-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I had some new tyres fitted last week to the S2R1000, Bridgstone Battlax BT021 £186 fitted & balanced.
I got the bikes out today, cleaned them, checked them all over etc, I havn't ridden since October & I am really looking forward to Spring, just want a couple of good downpours now to clean away all the salt off the roads & some warmer weather.

Mohawk
15-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I got out for the 1st time this year yesterday, was great! Like you I'd have liked more of the salt to be washed away but I couldn't wait.

Gave the bike a good clean when I got back and sprayed it with Scottoiler FS365

rac3r
15-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I've been doing short rides on and off through the winter when it was dry but I can't wait to just go out and enjoy the ride without worrying about every little bit of the road and turning into a frozen block!

BTW where I am it's meant to sleet tomorrow :nash:

scrapps
15-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I have done a few more mods on my monnie and had a very cold ride to drop it for a full service on saturday.
The bike is now fully serviced and ready for the warm weather.:thumbsup:

Pomp1
15-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Mine still in bits..:banghead:

Stafford
15-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Popped out Sunday for a shortish hop across Bath to view an SP4, yes another bike. Nice but not quite what I'm after. Took a little detour on the way home and took my eye off the ball for a moment. A VU Golf stopped just around a corner and gave way where it's his right of way, still I'd got a little close so when he stopped it caught me by surprise. Locked the front, it slid out I let off and braked again it locked and slid out again as I was still cornering, let off again and got the bike upright and stopped leaving a tyre stripe down his bumper. In the process I banged my left leg and my right bollock, so serves me right for not paying enough attention TBH. The VW then just drove off, he didn't even notice that I'd touched his car.
I should have known the roads are slippy having had a two wheel slide earlier going into to town.
I think I'll take Desmo's advice and wait for warmer tyres and roads not covered in loose crap. Take care all.

chris yeatman
15-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Popped out Sunday for a shortish hop across Bath to view an SP4, yes another bike. Nice but not quite what I'm after. Took a little detour on the way home and took my eye off the ball for a moment. A VU Golf stopped just around a corner and gave way where it's his right of way, still I'd got a little close so when he stopped it caught me by surprise. Locked the front, it slid out I let off and braked again it locked and slid out again as I was still cornering, let off again and got the bike upright and stopped leaving a tyre stripe down his bumper. In the process I banged my left leg and my right bollock, so serves me right for not paying enough attention TBH. The VW then just drove off, he didn't even notice that I'd touched his car.
I should have known the roads are slippy having had a two wheel slide earlier going into to town.
I think I'll take Desmo's advice and wait for warmer tyres and roads not covered in loose crap. Take care all.

bloody hell staff, hope ur bits r ok!!!! lol

Stafford
16-02-2010, 06:12 AM
bloody hell staff, hope ur bits r ok!!!! lol

Fine Chris, he didn't turn the colour of a Victoria Plum!

desmo
16-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Oooh errr.
I locked the front up momentarily last year on gravel at low speed & managed to stay upright, gets yer heart pumping abit though doesn't it?
The last time I lost the front was quite a few years ago on a Honda CX650, I was doing about 35mph & I hit black ice (which is why I no longer ride in the winter) anyway, I had no chance, 1 minute i was merrily bimbling along & the next thing i knew i was sliding down the road being accompanied by that horrible Kreeeesh sound as my leathers & crash helmet scraped on the tarmac.

uksurfer
16-02-2010, 09:18 AM
hope your all right Stafford, or all left whichever :)

Lucky you never damaged the bike!

Capo
16-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Plenty of pot holes waiting to welcome us when spring comes.

J.P
16-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your close call Staf. Better 'teabag' the plums in warm water to help the healing process... :)

Pomp1
16-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your close call Staf. Better 'teabag' the plums in warm water to help the healing process... :)
And then post a picture..not..:chuckle:

rac3r
16-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Plenty of pot holes waiting to welcome us when spring comes.

+1

Going down a hill the other day I had to slow down for a Horse so used the front brake but I didn't notice the big crack in the road and bike kind of went down and to the left leaving me almost on the pavement :chuckle: