PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to a great friend...

davkyt
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
My best buddy, sadley passed away on Saturday aged only 4.

Thinking of you when we go out on our day trips up Snakes Pass....They wont be the same without you.

Rest in peace...........

kneedown
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
sorry to read that he was young 'sure he is up there having good walks

davkyt
11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I know, it came as a total shock...he was so healthy....its totally ripped our world apart.

EVERY weekend , I'd go out on my bike and when I found nice place to stop I'd ring the wife and she'd turn up with my daughter and the dog and we'd have a picnic and mess about, usually in a river or lake.......

Paivi
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Aw, poor thing! Sorry about your loss. :(

He11cat
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Thats really sad..Boxers sadly don't always live that long... but 4 years thats so so young.
At least he was loved by you and your family..and he had a great time

Half Man Half Mole
11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
My deepest condolances.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z29/Molemeister/HarveyDecember2008-2.jpg

I'm on my third Boxer now and the oldest any one of them has lived to is eight years. Probably because they manage to cram so much life into their time.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Anon

davkyt
12-02-2010, 08:18 AM
My deepest condolances.

I'm on my third Boxer now and the oldest any one of them has lived to is eight years. Probably because they manage to cram so much life into their time.
[/I][/I]
Anon

Thankyou
Very true....I've had 2, both had the same energy levels till there last day. My first one made 13 yrs so we was more than ready for him leaving us.........
This time tho, at only 4 yrs young, its come as a massive shock.

davkyt
12-02-2010, 08:20 AM
My deepest condolances.

[/I][/I]
Anon

ps....nice photo

LouSCannon
12-02-2010, 08:24 AM
That's heartbreaking, sorry to hear.

I'm a huge dog lover, had a girlfriend who had a boxer years ago, used to love wrestling with him!

We've got a beagle on the way (The missus isn't keen on big dogs as she's only little), and we're looking forward to days like you mention above.

Hope it doesn't put you off getting another?

davkyt
12-02-2010, 08:40 AM
That's heartbreaking, sorry to hear.

I'm a huge dog lover, had a girlfriend who had a boxer years ago, used to love wrestling with him!

We've got a beagle on the way (The missus isn't keen on big dogs as she's only little), and we're looking forward to days like you mention above.

Hope it doesn't put you off getting another?

I dont know if we'll get another, maybe one day....and if so, definitely a boxer ! They just have the best character ever....and no matter what they do you just cant get mad at them.....They just stare back at you with a puzzled " Why are you shouting Daddy " face and want to keep playing.

For the time being we are going to Babbington dog rescue, somewhere near Mansfield, tomorrow to donate all of his left over food and bowls.
He was a rescue dog himself, we got him from the Dogs Trust in Keinleworth, so I think he would like it that we are helping other dogs that have been delt a shi**y hand of cards too.
It gets me so angry how selfish people are so crule to these poor dogs that end up in rescues.

I think we might register as a dog walkers there too, so that at weekends we can go and pick a dog up that has been stuck in a kennel all week and give it a little better standard of life....

davkyt
12-02-2010, 09:24 AM
A few other pics to share