PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ipswich

Poppet
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM
After passing my test 2 years ago and spending almost all of that time talking about when i get my monster, my stable has finally been graced with one, i am proud, obsessed with her sound, love her colour (red), even though orange is my favourite colour, but there you go, sometimes you just got to love them warts and all!

Hi, my name is Belinda, most people call me B or BB or boogaloo or poppet. I live near Ipswich and as said above only been in the saddle for 2 seasons now. My steed up till this weekend has been a trusty, honest Suzuki Bandit 600 and i have had quite a few happy miles on her.

I am pretty lucky, in fact i am very lucky, i have an eagle eyed husband who knows that at every opportunity i have spoken about ducati monster this, ducati monster that and so has scoured the interweb until he found the beauty i now have in the workshop.

Anyway......im a bit bike mad, love spraypainting and spending time equally in the workshop with my husband or in the saddle, here's to many happy years on my "monsta" and to making good friends and friendly conversation on the forum!

-B-

southfrance
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Bon jour from rainy France, nice red & gold paint, have the bars been lowered, looks mean without mirrors, here's to many happy miles.

SF

Gamsa
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice looking bike!

Nonnie
08-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello from Norwich. There are some good people on here from Ipswich (I left 4 years ago so cannot count myself in there) and nice to see another lady close by.

Maybe see you around.

Paranoid Dave
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Ipswich ! The place must be overrun with monsters. Welcome aboard, I'll keep an eye open.

BluprintZ
08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Hello from Welsh Wales.
The bike looks good Poppet.

G ; ) :D

Poppet
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome and bike compliments :-)..... Nonnie, would be lovely to meet up, as soon as this weather is amicable im in the saddle :-) ....

You know Dave, i've not seen many monsters around Ipswich, at present i work right in town centre where everyone parks their bikes and can often be seen either hanging out my office window to see who's making that lovely noise or wandering aimlessly around the parked bikes over a lunch time......sad i know LOL

Nickj
08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Yep pretty bike, I do like those old ally squared belt covers. Much nicer than the later plastics.
LOL Looking more like an infestation of monsters over there!!

sburrows87
08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

He11cat
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi I am in Ipswich .. welcome another girl!
(do I know you.. ??? I ve spoken to someone who sounds like you online?? Do you compete with your horses? Been in the milestone when it was biker pub?.. im sure its you!
Im Melanie .. Mel to most (don't like my name shortened but hey!).
Im pretty sure we have messaged on another site about a year ago? or 2008.
Your ringing a bell with me lol.
I have very silly demented parakeet type hair pink black and white .. all of 5ft and a bit lardy.

I ride either a yam Streetfighter bright orange!! lol so you'd like him then. (got to sell him :( )
Or the Katana ... only one in Ipswich has a bright red glitter seat lol.
CG125 for work and the Monster at weekends.

Most of the old skool sorts here know me.. and I often nip down orwells for a natter and a cuppa. Either know me as Mel or Hells.

Everyday hack is dizzy a luminous yellow and black tiger striped CG125 rat bike lol.
I try and ride 5 days a week at least.
If you see a short dumpy woman in a Ducati corse lid on a 125 in purple camo's its me!!
I don't park in town as live by town centre so I walk in lol!

My Monster is a m600 dark his name is Hector.
He is my pride and joy and the yam needs to go so I can bling up the Hector!

Be nice if a few of us could get out and about when the weather clears up..
Harley country here!! They need educating !!
I am a total Ducati convert now.. why other bike will be sold sadly as much as I love it.

If you ever fancy a ride out for a cuppa let me know
Im no girl racer , a bit ploddy and just take my time I am afraid and as a Londoner need to get to grips with the bendy roads here.. instead of being little miss motorway and A roads lol il get there goal for this year!

The more the merrier! If I mention CAKE that may prick some ears up lol.

There is another lady who rides a black M600 with her partner on a ST4 .. but she isn't out a lot.. and comes to see him from Essex.
Any work needs doing then I would recommend Carl Harrison he's fab!
Feel free to Pm me and hope to have a coffee or tea soon!

Theres a couple of us who go out and about .. so your not alone!

scrapps
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
hello and a warm welcome from kent.:drunk:(even if it is bloody freezing today brrr)

Grumpy
10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi Poppet and welcome!
I'm down the road, just out side Sudbury.
Are you a fish and chip lover? Some of us meet up in Southwold at the weekend for chips!
Hopefully see you there.

Rich750Dark
10-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Horaay! Another one from Ipswich. i'm liking the colour of the frame, very nice.

As the forum name suggests, mines a 750 Dark. Don't get out on it as much as i'd like but haven't had it a year yet (Only passed my test a month before!) so there's plenty of time left and i can't see me moving on for ages. I'm still making my mind up as to whether it's a gal or guy. I'm going with gal as it sounds better for a man to say but she's not been tempremental at all so it may be a chap after all.................

Anyhoo, hopefully, as Hellcat says, we'll all get out together in the warmer days soon to come.

Oh, Dave, there are quite a few around here but there don't seem to be many that come on here. I'll have to make up some "business cards" to stick to them whenever i see them. Try and get some more local goings on.

He11cat
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
lol if this snow ever stops !!! sledging anyone??

Diego
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
welcome poppet !!!! nice bike.

Paranoid Dave
10-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I put a card or two on monsters in town in the past, never came on here though. Once the sun comes out I'll make an appearance on Milla for chips.

Nonnie
10-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Then I shall break the King of Spain out and get me some chips dagnammit.

Fraser
12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
always happy to meet more suffolk monsters! :)

Poppet
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey you horrible lot :-) just wanted to say, thanks ever so much for making me feel very welcome and as soon as the weather is amicable i will be meeting up with a couple of you for a cuppa and a ride out and even fish & chips :-)

Just dropped in to say cheerz and have a safe weekend :-)
-B-

Mohawk
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Hiya Poppet. I'm just up the road in Norwich so hopefully see you out and about when the sun comes out to play.

gremlin
15-02-2010, 09:15 PM
It will be good to have more girls on the chish and fip run! Hellcat will probably appreciate the company riding up here too. You'll have to all get together from Suffolk and come in mob handed, but don't forget your passports!

Oily Fingers
15-02-2010, 09:26 PM
helo and welcome!!! the bike looks pretty kool with out hte mirrors!!!!

joel

gary tompkins
15-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Another 600 monster in Ipswich eh? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the UKMOC family Poppet

Poppet
15-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Spank yew spank yew spank yew......for the welcomes, the compliments and the invitations all duly noted.....just can't hurry this season on fast enough to get to some better weather, the rain i don't mind, the wind i don't mind but this bitter cold bbbbrrrrrrr i do mind :-)

He11cat
16-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Only good cold is Ice cream!!!!

I frequent many a good icecream shop lol... quick glance nobody see's me going in... and sigh.. !!!

Soda fountain I am there!! ... with a big icecream moooostache and I don't care! lol

Poppet
23-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Was just wondering......now that the council in their infinite wisdom have decided that as it is coming up to the end of the financial year and they have to spend their budget come hell or highwater by digging up the area where most bikers park in ipswich (by the "grandma" statue)....where are we supposed to park?

This question is obviously for the ipswich bikers.....

cheerz
-B-

He11cat
23-02-2010, 10:12 AM
you have to pay full price and park in an NCP carpark.. as I just read in small print on sign FFS !!
Or by Majors corner ... or orwell Street..

Rich750Dark
23-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Buttermarket. It's Free! If you go in the right hand lane (i think), the barrier is shorter so you go round it. On the way out one of the barriers is shorter too but i can't remember which one. There are normally some bikes parked there but there isn't much room. i'm sure it's free......well, i didn't pay!